Author Topic: One of the sadest pictures in the world  (Read 9923 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: One of the sadest pictures in the world
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 08:17:11 AM »
Yes the physiological side of it is different and fucked up.
Didn't Hitler hire people from Ukraine for the C.camps because a lot of germans couldn't handle it?

But as horrible as that video was that's probably nothing to was going on daily over inte viva la mexico.

Not really, there were no shortage of Germans that couldn't handle it, most didn't even know what their job was until they got marching orders, there were many incidents especially in Bergen Belsen and other death camps were new SS personal requested to be transfered to the front effective immediatly and mostly they got what they wanted, in regards to the Ukrains there were very strong anti semite tendencies in Latvia and Ukrain and they hired a lot of SS divisions there and at the end of the third reich a lot of the actual death camp guards were old (anything over 40) SS or SS that were no use on the frontline, a lot of the guards were Ukranian but they weren't very effective since they were unreliable.

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 08:20:41 AM »
Not really, there were no shortage of Germans that couldn't handle it, most didn't even know what their job was until they got marching orders, there were many incidents especially in Bergen Belsen and other death camps were new SS personal requested to be transfered to the front effective immediatly and mostly they got what they wanted, in regards to the Ukrains there were very strong anti semite tendencies in Latvia and Ukrain and they hired a lot of SS divisions there and at the end of the third reich a lot of the actual death camp guards were old (anything over 40) SS or SS that were no use on the frontline, a lot of the guards were Ukranian but they weren't very effective since they were unreliable.

Alright. I recall it being mentioned in some of the countless ww2 documentaries that some german guards couldn't stomach it so they brought in some ukraines that didn't give a fuck.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 08:23:08 AM »
caption:

please dad, please, survive, play "the game", fight other men, dominate them, and improve my own odds of survival!
::)
follow the arrows

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 08:27:17 AM »
even himmler didnt had the stomach for it to see the jews being shot and insisted another way of dealing with them like gassing.

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 08:29:55 AM »
even himmler didnt had the stomach for it to see the jews being shot and insisted another way of dealing with them like gassing.

Didnt he throw up or something when he was visiting a camp? recall something like that being mentioned.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2013, 08:44:25 AM »

hmm, thats not 100% accurate, he apperantly witnessed one of the many mass shootings at the beginning of the ethinic cleanising in Latvia Riga, Himmler was a person that could faint or feel very unwell when seeing blood, so he was pretty shaken.
he didn't demand a different way of killing because of that, but because his Einsatz kommanders adviced him that it was a) Very labor intensive b) They simply wasn't enough space to do all the killings c) not enough time and last but not least it had a very very lasting effect on the men that did the shooting, or at least on many.

So to clarify the reason for changing to Gas was not driven because Himmler coudln't stand the sight of blood but because of simple economical reasons as so many other things in the third Reich it wasn't practical.

Take the Gipsys, they were plans at the beginning of the third reich to make them "sesshaft" but the whole project became to complicated, so they simply decided to kill them all instead - again the same reason behind mass slaughter,.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2013, 08:45:57 AM »
Didnt he throw up or something when he was visiting a camp? recall something like that being mentioned.

He felt pretty weak (as in getting "Blass" German for white) when witnessing a shooting that took place in Riga Latvia, he didn't visit many KZ's tho, he had Eicke and others that did the work form him, he was too busy to build the SS up to a second army.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2013, 08:47:28 AM »
Alright. I recall it being mentioned in some of the countless ww2 documentaries that some german guards couldn't stomach it so they brought in some ukraines that didn't give a fuck.

No, the Ukrains were used because they were cheap and only second class "Germans" they needed a lot of people on the Front especially the SS since their fanaticism caused them horrific loses on the eastern front.
However in my many books about the final solution and or KZ's and live in KZ's etc. a surviving KZ guard commented on the bruality and cruelty of some of the Ukrainians.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2013, 08:51:08 AM »

didnt the photographer killed himself after he won the pulitzerprice for that pic?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2013, 08:55:55 AM »
didnt the photographer killed himself after he won the pulitzerprice for that pic?

yes he did but not because he couldn't or didn't help he had a history of mental depression. At the time and the place he went there were many many many more incidents like this.

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 08:59:27 AM »

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 09:05:05 AM »
maybe you are rhinking about croatia..the ustashas as they where called. they hade a camp jasenovac that where really brutal. when tito took over he did a really good job making sure the world never heard of that camp. look up on youtube the documentary jasenovac - cruelest death camp in ww2. made in the 80s with alot of survivers and old clips from the 40s.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2013, 09:09:22 AM »
It was the only camp not operated by the germans. and one of the bigger.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jasenovac_concentration_camp

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2013, 09:13:48 AM »
yes he did but not because he couldn't or didn't help he had a history of mental depression. At the time and the place he went there were many many many more incidents like this.
ok thanks.really tragic pic. imagine being therecand see the vulture follow the dying kid..do you know what happend to the kid?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2013, 09:16:06 AM »

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2013, 09:17:16 AM »

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2013, 10:57:41 AM »
yes it is. although i think.

and thanks Stark for clarifying about the gassing, always like to read your posts about the subject.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2013, 11:34:20 AM »
yes it is. although i think.

and thanks Stark for clarifying about the gassing, always like to read your posts about the subject.

And I always like to share with you the little knowledge I have about the subject :)

Sweedee

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2013, 12:03:31 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2013, 02:52:22 PM »
 :(

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 06:25:27 PM »
I'm glad that photographer is dead, serves him right. That's not a fucking wildabeast being chased by a lion, it's a human being, you help it. This world makes me wonder sometimes.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2013, 07:32:16 PM »

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 08:38:36 PM »
:-[ - Drunk father

Man, that's tough to see :(

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 10:35:18 PM »
This is sad
I hate the fact that I'm also guilty of my government's  despicable crimes since I pay taxes.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2013, 10:39:09 PM »

Glad to see they finally let Poet out of Oz.