Author Topic: NFL Player: "I"m better at life than you"  (Read 12311 times)

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
Re: NFL Player: "I"m better at life than you"
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
I know of a married woman who is awfully close to the Ravens, like very, very close...they hug her, and all that...she is a woman who likes her skirts low, and her heels high...
And I always wondered...

envy/lust is a powerful emotion. you can't buy it, only attain it through power.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2013, 11:41:47 AM »
How much does a Ronnie Coleman Rookie card go for these days?

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2013, 11:43:38 AM »

lol. i doubt most cards are worth the tree they were printed on

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2013, 12:07:19 PM »

Much less than his soiled posing trunks.  In some cultures his old trunks are used as a fertility talisman.
A

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2013, 01:02:40 PM »
x2

The kid got picked up by Stanford due to the millions his presence brought to the institution and the top ranking it gave the team. This is a very common practice and can be seen throughout most of the Ivy leagues with good teams. In exchange for his talent and moneymaking potential, he acquired a degree from one of the best institutions in the country. I call it a fair trade. If and when his NFL career doesn't pan out too well, he has a great degree (albeit not the most practical of degrees) to fall back on and can make a solid living.

He is a talented player and while he lacks a certain level of humility, that can change in time as he ages and matures a little more.

Something to consider is that over 80% NFL players do go bankrupt after retiring from the game. Hopefully, Sherman puts his money to good use and hires a good/honest accountant.

"1"

Hi, OMR!
One can only hope Sherman is able to avoid the devastating consequences of financial mismanagement, even if the statistics for NFL players look dismal. His Stanford degree can be gainfully leveraged in a workforce that values pedigree, but I wonder if he can be successful in a highly competitive environment where he is not coddled and protected (especially, from himself).
      It's also conceivable that the physical and psychological attributes which make him such a standout on the gridiron can come back to hamstring his efforts in the corporate arena. Brash, intimidating, and arrogant behavior on an ESPN show or football field is one thing, but it's a completely different thing outside the lines, as it were. The "All Pros," hell, the "Honorable Mentions," of the private and public sectors would run circles around, if not intentionally cripple and humiliate, Sherman to bring him down a few pegs (which is why I suspect guys like Sherman insulate themselves by staying around "the game" ad perpetuum).
      Although I admire and value superior individuals who are as compassionate and humble as they are gifted, most superior types don't usually suffer fools (unless, of course, there's something to be gained from such tolerance ;D). Still, good luck to Mr. Sherman in his career and beyond.