Author Topic: Walking Dead -Season 4 trailer arrives Friday  (Read 25105 times)

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
Re: Walking Dead -Tonight
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2013, 11:51:35 PM »
the death of merle was meh.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #101 on: April 01, 2013, 01:37:16 AM »

Andrea dying - realistic.  Handcuffed with a walker, nobody should make it out without a bite.  They killed her off.

She got the other hand FREE.  ::)

Maggie or Glenn should have been killed in that shootout.  That's who the fuck should have died, wasn't realistic.  Carol is not good fighting zombies hand - hand, so I could have seen her die, not Laurie.

Who the fuck is there to watch next season?  I could give shit about Herschel, Maggie or Glenn.

Yeah, I like Carl going psycho.  He put Rick in his place.

Andrea dying was worst than Merle.  I didn't think it could get worst after last week.

FUCK THE WALKING DEAD!  THEY'RE KILLING THE SHOW.

Next season will be an old folks home in the prison.  

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #102 on: April 01, 2013, 05:32:38 AM »
Comic book nerds need to get over the fact this isn't the comic. It's BASED on the comic, and it's a very well done show. Like 240 said they don't take the obvious way out all the time, and they don't always miraculously survive and come out on top.

But it is obvious.  It's just a game of reversal.
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #103 on: April 01, 2013, 05:36:00 AM »
How was it a disaster? Did you expect everyone to die?

No, but I expected a better conclusion and the prospect of something refreshing for next year.  It could still happen, but another full season of the group vs the governor with a Woodbury backdrop will drag.  Carl was right with everything he told rick.

But, my big problem was that this was like watching an episode of the A-Team - Glenn and Maggie trap the goveror's crew in a kill box at point blank range with automatic weapons and body armor, and nobody gets hurt.   This show is one of the most brutal out there - that should have been a slaughter.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #104 on: April 01, 2013, 06:04:26 AM »
agreed there should have been a slaughter there. 

Had the governor not shot his own team, the prison group would have squandered their only chance at a surprise... governor could have returned a week later and had a much more effective attack.

And in reality, I think Rick and friends would have just ran from the prison and set up elsewhere... Governor was intent on killing them, had all these mlitary weapons... they would have run in season 1 or 2.

SO in retrospect, the gun battles/strategy were weak, but it did have a somber average ending, like much of life.

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2013, 06:37:37 AM »
But it is obvious.  It's just a game of reversal.

I don't think it's that cut and dried. They win some they lose some.

X3 on the prison battle, very anticlimactic. There should have been more bloodshed. And i was hoping that the prison location would be gone.  IMO it was intentional, and the Governor will ultimately force them out and do some real damage in the season premiere next fall. The show has a way of doing that, you think "well that was bullshit" and then it all comes together in the end.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2013, 08:19:50 AM »
No, but I expected a better conclusion and the prospect of something refreshing for next year.  It could still happen, but another full season of the group vs the governor with a Woodbury backdrop will drag.  Carl was right with everything he told rick.

But, my big problem was that this was like watching an episode of the A-Team - Glenn and Maggie trap the goveror's crew in a kill box at point blank range with automatic weapons and body armor, and nobody gets hurt.   This show is one of the most brutal out there - that should have been a slaughter.
I think it was a good finale. Maggie and Glenn are normal people. They were more worried about taking cover. They did the only thing they could do. They wouldnt win in a firefight. This show is how groups of people handle extreme adversity. The zombies are just a back drop.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2013, 08:42:04 AM »
I think it was a good finale. Maggie and Glenn are normal people. They were more worried about taking cover. They did the only thing they could do. They wouldnt win in a firefight.

They shot a million bullets from 25 feet away.  And nobody's been a "normal" person for awhile now - they're pretty good at killing.
Y

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2013, 09:49:04 AM »
They shot a million bullets from 25 feet away.  And nobody's been a "normal" person for awhile now - they're pretty good at killing.
Yeah killing shit that barely moves. Everyone is used to killing zombies at this point.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: April 01, 2013, 10:00:13 AM »
I thought they were purposely trying not to kill any of the prison invaders?   They gave them an escape, they were mad at Carl for killing one of them. 

The goal was to undermine the governor and make it a "why in the heck are we attacking this place", which is what happened.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: April 01, 2013, 10:02:06 AM »
I thought they were purposely trying not to kill any of the prison invaders?   They gave them an escape, they were mad at Carl for killing one of them. 

The goal was to undermine the governor and make it a "why in the heck are we attacking this place", which is what happened.

No the people of Woodbury refused to go back because they thought they were crazy, and too dug in. That's when the governor flipped his shit.  You notice he kept his two best/most loyal fighters alive.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #111 on: April 01, 2013, 03:02:07 PM »
Should have set explosives at the gate for when the Governor drove everyone right through the main gate...Why no one on the roof? Perfect place to pick people off.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #112 on: April 01, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »
Andrea taking her sweet ass time with the wrench was basically un-watchable. She was way too fukcing calm  and moving way too slow after he got stabbed. Really bad writing.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #113 on: April 01, 2013, 04:54:35 PM »
Andrea taking her sweet ass time with the wrench was basically un-watchable. She was way too fukcing calm  and moving way too slow after he got stabbed. Really bad writing.

Yeah - only AFTER Milton turns does she race to get out of the restraints? And this is the same woman they spent a season showing us can skewer zombies left and right with nothing more than a Swiss Army knife. Liked or unliked her death was written in the laziest fashion possible. The whole episode was one big lazy out.

They built an entire season around a confrontation that never happens.   You wonder if this was planned or if the writers forgot what they were doing.
Y

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2013, 06:21:54 PM »
i think they do this so Governor can go build up a new army... populate woodbury again with psychos... then unleash hell upon the prison?

I wanted them to have a huge fire, escape, get on a boat, and the season ends...

they land in the remnants of NYC or DC.... that'd be badass.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #115 on: April 01, 2013, 08:05:10 PM »
i think they do this so Governor can go build up a new army... populate woodbury again with psychos... then unleash hell upon the prison?

That would suck.
Y

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: April 01, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »
Yeah - only AFTER Milton turns does she race to get out of the restraints? And this is the same woman they spent a season showing us can skewer zombies left and right with nothing more than a Swiss Army knife. Liked or unliked her death was written in the laziest fashion possible. The whole episode was one big lazy out.

They built an entire season around a confrontation that never happens.   You wonder if this was planned or if the writers forgot what they were doing.

Agree...the last 3 episodes were direct buildups to the prison assault, and they set off some firecrackers and everyone ran away....WTF. It didnt suck, but the entire episode lacked any real tension. I Don't read the comics, is Tyrese such an uncle Tom bitch in the comic ?

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #117 on: April 01, 2013, 09:13:25 PM »

I wanted them to have a huge fire, escape, get on a boat, and the season ends...

If the governor builds up another army, then they should cancel the show.  Rick and crew bring back a bus load of old people, but don't grab those military transports and WMD.  ::)  It's not like Darryl couldn't toss his motorcycle in the back of one with those 50 mm guns.  ::) Walking Dead writers and directors are fucking up big time.  BTW, the director/writer, who wrote the story-line of Andrea's demise, was released.  I don't think the producers had her death in their PLANS.  No matter how good the show is, you can't write off TWO main characters back - back like that and leave a baby no one sees or hears as a main character.  Carol and Darryl relationship > Maggie and Glenn, but they will fuck up and kill Carol off shortly.      

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2013, 12:19:08 AM »
low budget soap opera.. at least that annoyng kid manned up  stark style and killed an unarmed peasant

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2013, 01:24:08 AM »

I hope this doesn't happen as it would be too predictable from where we are now. I hope to see a new development in the new season than just Woodbury vs. the prison. At this point, I think much more of this development will get tedious.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2013, 03:55:29 AM »

No matter how good the show is, you can't write off TWO main characters back - back like that and leave a baby no one sees or hears as a main character.

The baby isn't going to replace one of them.  Tyrese and Co. will, or they'll develop new characters.  This wasn't one of the problems with the show, especially getting rid of Andrea, who was pretty universally hated.
Y

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2013, 04:55:40 AM »
Good episode not so good ending but did anyone really expect closure? I expect season 4 to move away from the prison early on, we need a change of scenery now. I wonder if they will use the governor a couple of seasons down the line now and just be a known threat who could pop up at any time rather than immediately carry the fued into the next season

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2013, 05:09:36 AM »
Good episode not so good ending but did anyone really expect closure? I expect season 4 to move away from the prison early on, we need a change of scenery now. I wonder if they will use the governor a couple of seasons down the line now and just be a known threat who could pop up at any time rather than immediately carry the fued into the next season

it would be pretty lame if the Governor just disappears from the plot.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2013, 06:01:01 AM »

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: April 02, 2013, 07:52:56 AM »
I really dislike when writers forget that adults are watching the show. In the earlier episodes Rick, a cop, doesn't search the area around the cot before tying the guy up who just tried to kill them. Then he doesnt off the Governor when the governor says he wants their surrender. Just not being consistant.

Then of course as everyone mentions, Andrea knew Milton was going to turn as soon as he died, which was likely, and she has to be prompted to hurry up??
Automatic weapons kill NO ONE during the prison assault? The bad guys had a grenade launcher for christs sake. It was like watching an episode of the A Team where no one gets hurt.   
And of all the things to take from the town while the soldiers are away is a bus and old people? How about you set up an ambush on the returning 3 survivors and take them out, then you have a nice little town. And since The governor was ahead of Ricks group, and would have beat them back to the town, how could they just load up a bus and drive off anyway?