Author Topic: Will Dolph Ziggler Cash "Money-In-The-Bank" at 'Mania (on Swagger or Del Rio)?  (Read 2076 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
On the surface, at least, it appears that the whole DUI/weed thing with Jack Swagger has blown over.

My thoughts were that, if Swagger were in trouble, he'd either lose to Del Rio or he'd win the title, only to get shanked by Ziggler.

What say you? Will Ziggler cash in MITB at WrestleMania? If so, on whom will it be, Del Rio or Swagger?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Will Dolph Ziggler Cash "Money-In-The-Bank" at WrestleMania?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 07:05:52 PM »
On the surface, at least, it appears that the whole DUI/weed thing with Jack Swagger has blown over.

My thoughts were that, if Swagger were in trouble, he'd either lose to Del Rio or he'd win the title, only to get shanked by Ziggler.

What say you? Will Ziggler cash in MITB at WrestleMania? If so, on whom will it be, Del Rio or Swagger?

This is only speculation on my part, but I suspect they're still going to punish Swagger. I think they're just waiting for a more practical time. Doing it now would be too disruptive to the scheme of things.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 08:42:16 PM »

This is only speculation on my part, but I suspect they're still going to punish Swagger. I think they're just waiting for a more practical time. Doing it now would be too disruptive to the scheme of things.

That's why I put the question out there. I think they may punish him by having Ziggler gank him for the title, after/if he beats Del Rio.

If that happens, Swagger would be the third guy to cash MITB on someone to win a title and to have had MITB cashed on him, costing him a title.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 04:28:29 AM »
That's why I put the question out there. I think they may punish him by having Ziggler gank him for the title, after/if he beats Del Rio.

If that happens, Swagger would be the third guy to cash MITB on someone to win a title and to have had MITB cashed on him, costing him a title.

Hard to say. They could wait until six months from now (or longer) to take action against Swagger. I just have a hard time believing it will all be forgive and forgotten - not in today's climate.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 08:35:06 AM »

Hard to say. They could wait until six months from now (or longer) to take action against Swagger. I just have a hard time believing it will all be forgive and forgotten - not in today's climate.

I've always liked Swagger. He's like a giant Kurt Angle. At first, he was annoying and corny, just like Angle.

Then Angle hit his mean streak, just as Swagger is now.

He has the opportunity of a lifetime. Six months ago, he was being jobbed into obsucrity. Now, he's in Smackdown's main event at WrestleMania. His one weakness, promo-cutting, has been fixed, via his new manager. This new angle is perfect for him. The coup de grace was his new entrance music. And, if I'm not mistaken, no one has beaten him, since his return.

All he has to do is lay off the weed and he's on his way to superstardom.

littleguns

• Getbig V
I think the bigger picture would be Del Rio retaining and Ziggler cashing in. If Swagger were to win and Ziggy cashed in, this would cause a face change in the time change continuum but him turning face might not be a bad thing as rumors of Orton going heel have been surfacing.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I think the bigger picture would be Del Rio retaining and Ziggler cashing in. If Swagger were to win and Ziggy cashed in, this would cause a face change in the time change continuum but him turning face might not be a bad thing as rumors of Orton going heel have been surfacing.

Not necessarily. Remember Swagger cashed MITB on Jericho (the first heel-on-heel cash-in routine) in 2010. Yet, it didn't turn either man into a face.

littleguns

• Getbig V
Not necessarily. Remember Swagger cashed MITB on Jericho (the first heel-on-heel cash-in routine) in 2010. Yet, it didn't turn either man into a face.

But if done right, he Cashes in, wins and tells AJ and Big E to beat it as they were holding him down, have Falir dump Miz and handle Zigy's affairs...

I also see Ziggy is now in a tag title match.....how crazy would it be if he won both titles, talk about WWE finally rewarding him....

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
But if done right, he Cashes in, wins and tells AJ and Big E to beat it as they were holding him down, have Falir dump Miz and handle Zigy's affairs...

I also see Ziggy is now in a tag title match.....how crazy would it be if he won both titles, talk about WWE finally rewarding him....

That's not going to be enough to turn Ziggler into a face. But, a heel-on-heel MITB cash-in (should Swagger beat Del Rio for the title) isn't out of the question.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Surely he's only got a couple of PPV's to cash it in now, it feels like he's had that briefcase for ages.  The guy deserves a solid title run, him and Punk have been the most consistent performers for a couple of years now.

EDIT:  Just checked, he won it last July, so there's 3 months left to claim it.