Author Topic: does matt c still hold the record on getbig for strict bench press at bodyweight  (Read 12812 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Matt competing and getting an award at the Thunder Bay Strongest Man event:

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
so theres at least one skinny chick in thunder bay. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
so theres at least one skinny chick in thunder bay. 

Having never visited there, I don't know this; are most women in Thunder Bay, Ontario fat?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Here is a link to Matt's 2011 bench press:

Serious question? is this thread a joke? trolling or what? what the guy in the video is lifting is average gymrat weight and reps, regardless of his body weight

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
i know for fact that for getbig he still holds the record in the strict bench press for bodyweight, height, and age group

mr nobody i beleive it was with a pause, it was considerd perfect form

Are you sure, big bro? 

I saw a few clips of Matt benching.  It was anything but strict.  I remember telling him that, the next time he started whining about his pecs not being up to par, he needs to watch one of those clips.  He was bouncing and moving that bar faster than Mai Shiranui's tits heave when she's jumping on a trampoline. 

He was doing decent weight for his size but whatever he was weighing, I'd be shocked if 320-340 was any kind of record, even for Getbig.  I admit I didn't touch that weight until I was over 200 lbs., though, so I reckon he has me beat (don't flat bench anymore).

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
Record for Getbig?

I could outbench MattC in the 11th grade (grade 11 for you Canadian homos).

::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Record for Getbig?

I could outbench MattC in the 11th grade (grade 11 for you Canadian homos).

::)
Ya not doubt, sorry Falcon but you are talking crappola, lots of dude can smoke him and you have not even given us the reps yet, I have done 50 reps before with my own body weight so you are just trolling, no offence brother  ;)

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
This thread is shit. This guy wouldn't even be top 20 in most gyms.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
You have got to be up there in reps too?

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV

That's true.  But I had to give him props because I thought he did like a double-bw bench or something.  (I'm getting old and my memory's fuzzier than Nicole Bass' chin by 9 a.m.)  I might have him confused with someone else  ???  As I said, I just remember him constantly whining about his shitty pec development, how he ate less than most high school cheerleaders and had to stuff himself to break one ... seventy? 

Something like that.  He doesn't even post here anymore, so it's a hill of beans.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Serious question? is this thread a joke? trolling or what? what the guy in the video is lifting is average gymrat weight and reps, regardless of his body weight
Has to be a joke,. My old ass is stronger than that. Still can do double my BW.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
You have got to be up there in reps too?
I am about 240-245 now.. I should be able to get it 35-40 times.. should be more if i actually flat benched lol.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Pretty sure he benched a little over twice his body weight a while back. Strong guy for sure.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Pretty sure he benched a little over twice his body weight a while back. Strong guy for sure.

What Matt lacks in size he makes up for in determination. At only about 170 lbs soaking wet, it is not hard to imagine he has benched at least 340 for one rep.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
What Matt lacks in size he makes up for in determination. At only about 170 lbs soaking wet, it is not hard to imagine he has benched at least 340 for one rep.
Ya but that is no big deal really, I mean real good for gym rat and ya that is strong but the OP made it sound like record breaking , hardly, not even close to top bencher on getbig. not even pound for pound

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Coach might have something to say about this....
P

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
Ya but that is no big deal really, I mean real good for gym rat and ya that is strong but the OP made it sound like record breaking , hardly, not even close to top bencher on getbig. not even pound for pound

I'm beginning to think Sir Falcon was just taking the piss :)

Whatever happened to Matt, anyway?  I know a bunch of people gave him shit and he had some weird posting habits ("Why are you being so mean to me?"), but I never found the guy ban-worthy or anything.  I know he had a big anti-Zionist agenda, but if racially or religiously-discriminatory posts are truly off-limits, there's some seriously selective moderating going on.  Enforce the rule universally or just get rid of it.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
I am about 240-245 now.. I should be able to get it 35-40 times.. should be more if i actually flat benched lol.

40x for someone who doesn't even flat bench is pretty damned good.  I always found I really lost my edge on the 225 rep test if I didn't at least practice it every couple of weeks.  30 or 31 was my best IIRC (I suck at high reps on everything except biceps curls, strangely enough), but if I were to plop down on a flat bench and try it tomorrow, I seriously doubt I could do 20 -- and I'm a hell of a lot stronger overall than I was years ago.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
I'm beginning to think Sir Falcon was just taking the piss :)

Whatever happened to Matt, anyway?  I know a bunch of people gave him shit and he had some weird posting habits ("Why are you being so mean to me?"), but I never found the guy ban-worthy or anything.  I know he had a big anti-Zionist agenda, but if racially or religiously-discriminatory posts are truly off-limits, there's some seriously selective moderating going on.  Enforce the rule universally or just get rid of it.
I don't know what happen to him but I did see him at the Toronto Pro super show. Ya Falcon must be trolling  :-\

Primemuscle

• Getbig V

I am not questioning your opinion about who on Getbig is record breaking with regards to how much they have benched in a competition. If you could cite some examples or name some names, it would lend more credence to you position.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
I am not questioning your opinion about who on Getbig is record breaking with regards to how much they have benched in a competition. If you could cite some examples or name some names, it would lend more credence to you position.
Well Matty7688 the above poster, myself and meso78 can smash 40 reps with our own bodywieght, personally if I tried to get as light as possible I can clear 50 reps.

Many here can do 40 reps +, if matt C is in this ball park then I stand corrected but I think he is 180lb so I suspect he can do 30 reps with that weight based on what I have seen, could be wrong.

Now for being king of getbig for your own bodyweight on bench, anything less then 60 reps probably will not cut it, 41 000 members here, lots of good benchers

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Well Matty7688 the above poster, myself and meso78 can smash 40 reps with our own bodywieght, personally if I tried to get as light as possible I can clear 50 reps.

Many here can do 40 reps +, if matt C is in this ball park then I stand corrected but I think he is 180lb so I suspect he can do 30 reps with that weight based on what I have seen, could be wrong.

Now for being king of getbig for your own bodyweight on bench, anything less then 60 reps probably will not cut it, 41 000 members here, lots of good benchers
I made a quick 500  a few weeks ago at a  bench your weight contest. I did 49 reps full ROM. I am still getting over the soreness in my shoulders from the burn.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
I made a quick 500  a few weeks ago at a  bench your weight contest. I did 49 reps full ROM. I am still getting over the soreness in my shoulders from the burn.

:-\

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
That's amazing, what's your weight bro?

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That's amazing, what's your weight bro?
165# getbig midget at 5'4 lean 46 yrs old.