Author Topic: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy  (Read 449757 times)

leninja

• Getbig II
Re: Galeniko please grace us with your nutritional strategy
« Reply #1300 on: June 20, 2013, 07:59:10 AM »
any problem if I get most/all my protein from egg whites? They're 0 fat and highly digestable :D

Conker

• Getbig IV
  • looks like you went for the overcooked potato look
« Reply #1301 on: June 20, 2013, 09:07:39 AM »
yeah,cool story ;D

but it was said theres a difference, and the both have to take different approach.
its explained the difference, i did this both natty and ped, natty wasnt all that extreme lean, but striations on legs were there.
the dieting approach was and has to be different.
for who can read, itll be there.

yes ,it s harder for naturals, yes takes longer, yes, small errors and theres a price to pay.muscle loss can become an issue from certain bofyfat levels,but thatll be lean enough.

and yes on ped muscle loss is not happening.

see we agree, you just obviously didnt read, hence the book, for whos really interested beyond on-same-page-chit-chat.

Yeh must admit I haven't read all of thread as seems a bit like the re invention of the wheel!

Don't think there's a great deal more to it than keeping protein high and having the willpower to not cave in . But I thought most people were already aware of that!

But thought I read a few times on here(maybe not from you) that muscle loss was a non issue even for naturals, maybe i read wrong as have only been skimming really.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1302 on: June 20, 2013, 09:54:41 AM »
the idea is to tell how its possible to sat 6% year round while getting away with shit foods,and to come in to near competition level shredded in no time from there, and how to lose fat fastest way in general.

there seems to be shitloads of confusion on those topics, this thread is testimony to that.

from 2 guys who have done this.

not did some 30 week diet, got shredded once and then turn fatso again to never be heard of again.

you know you doing it right when ppl who earned ifbb pro card come to you and ask how the hell you do this.

as for naturals, the honorary and most respectable "disgusted" said himself that muscle loss is no issue for naturals and he gets his clints shredded.

flat and muscle loss are not the same, but sub 6% a natural must ask himself if hes getting too flat all around.

you know, how are we gonna define muscle loss.a leaner muscle becomes like you know,this sundried red meat(my grandfather used to do that).

what is muscle loss?is it muscle loss when one loses half an inch arm size during diet?

i crtainly lst more than an inch since my permabulking days.

i'm not suggesting that you're not doing it right as maintaining such a level of BF all the time, the results speak for themselves. But i think it is simply down to you having the will power to maintain that.

But unless your 'book' is solely about how to improve will power not sure what you can put in it that people won't have already know of.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1303 on: June 20, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »
I don't agree with this notion that it's so difficult to lose muscle while dieting, maybe if on steroids it is but not natural. Most of the scientific studies I've seen show that people lose a significant amount of lean mass along with fat whilst iin a calorie deficit and those studies are not on very extreme calorie deficits.

I once dieted naturally from a very fat 17.1 stone down to a still fat 14.1 , took me 3 months on 1600cals didn't have a single cheat day in the whole time and hardly a soul noticed I lost a thing(weight training regularly), I certainly lost a significant amount of muscle . I then started a bit of juice and was up to 14 1/2 stone in the following 3 months and then everyone was telling me how much weight i'd lost and how good i looked!

I think it is a mistake to think that what will work for someone assisted will work the same for naturals. I personally believe naturals need to diet much more slowly to avoid too much muscle loss.

I agree with what you wrote here. It seems to me a lot of folks want changes overnight, which is simply not realistic. It takes awhile to get fat and it will take awhile to slim down. Crash diets are simply not healthy. Our bodies need nutrition. It has been shown time and time again that folks who lose a lot of weight in a short time period often gain all of it back and then some. The reason given for this is that when a diet is deficient, the body goes into starvation mode, the metabolism slows down and it can become even harder to shed pounds. When a person starts eating more normally, it takes awhile for the body to recover.

I am not one for dieting. However, I have found the less I eat in one meal and the more often I eat the faster my metabolism is and the easier it is to maintain or lose weight. If people just eat sensibly and healthfully all the time, work out routinely and get plenty of rest, they will be all the better for it. Young folks often get away with abusing their bodies without too many side effects then do older folks like myself. When I was a kid and into my 30's, my stomach was like a black hole for food. At 68, I eat a lot less and actually enjoy my food more. I make it a point to eat healthy most of the time. I have never been one who enjoys really sugary foods, but some unhealthy fats, like crispy bacon are my downfall. Not that I have bacon everyday or anything.

Your suggestion that we are all different and will respond to diet and exercise differently is right on target. Many folks don't take the time and thought to learn their bodies needs. Our culture diminishes the natural cravings we would have which are based on what nutrition we are lacking or needing and not so much on what we are told we should consume or the bad eating habits we've learn along the way. I mean this in a very general sense, because many folks who are into fitness also pay more attention to eating healthy. However, too many of the general population in all developed countries keeps getting more and more obese.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1304 on: June 20, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »
any problem if I get most/all my protein from egg whites? They're 0 fat and highly digestable :D

I am no diet expert, but I believe one should consume protein from various sources. Do you know how much fat there is in an egg yoke? It is not that much. One large egg contains:

Total fat 4.5 g 6%
Saturated fat 1.6 g 8%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.7 g 
Monounsaturated fat 2 g

Fats help your body digest and utilize protein. Your goal should be to eat a balanced diet which provides no more than the number of calories you burn. If you want to lose weight, then slightly less calories than you burn is optimum. If you reduce fats too much, it will throw you digestive system out of balance. Worse, many folks are cutting fats while adding carbs which make no sense what-so-ever.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1305 on: June 20, 2013, 11:26:12 AM »
plenty.
goes beyond willpower.willpower is given factor in any diet, i mean id hardly sit down and say"hey just have willpower".
theres a reason why i holding the condition and get away with eating more of the wrost food than mosr permabulkers and fatsos do.

if it was just willpower, everyone would just go ahead and do that.the will to look like that certainly is there in many.

but the confusion as to how is big out there.and there hasnt been a predecendent case that i know of.

not even hamdy stays that lean year round, granted he dont even train half the year, but yeah.

that said, heres a general message and in particular a message to the toothpick legged "the bouncer"(balding 30year old), legs withering away,eh?

:D

tiny legs, getting tiny from low calories blablabla.

"it cannot be!"

i train them with a brutal 1 plate per side squats.2 plates on a "heavy" day, take note.

ofc i can "squat" 4 plates with locking out joints, no full rom, piss poor form,all the load going to all the wrong places.

please take note of the dryness between kneecaps and muscle insertions.hope this helps.

8)
8)LOOKING SEPERATED,,,

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1306 on: June 20, 2013, 11:31:20 AM »
why are crash diets not healthy?

in what lifestyle mag did you read that trash?

did the same article claiming the above also say to "grant yourself a treat here and there, just eat less overall"?

man, this isnt a holiday resort for soccer moms, this is for having shredded,peeled look.

this isnt about a middle aged woman who dont fit into size 12 anymore and wants to slim down to a 10 ;D
they also look striated to me, and about twice the size of the metrosexual twinks standing next to me ;D

1 plate each side, lay nortern could learn something from me, his legs look like havy wind gust would break thenm apart.same goes for "the bouncer", i have seen "soccer" players with bigger and more conditioned legs than him.

LOL  ;D

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #1307 on: June 20, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »
Layne Norton is probably on more drugs than Gal yet looks like shit.

Conker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1308 on: June 20, 2013, 11:50:13 AM »
plenty.
goes beyond willpower.willpower is given factor in any diet, i mean id hardly sit down and say"hey just have willpower".
theres a reason why i holding the condition and get away with eating more of the wrost food than mosr permabulkers and fatsos do.

yeh because you obviously starve at other times , so overall cals are still low enough to maintain said condition.

if it was just willpower, everyone would just go ahead and do that.the will to look like that certainly is there in many.

everyone does not have your will power that is the single reason. me for instance i sit at around 15 stone between 10-12% BF , i know i would look ten times better if i got shredded but i know i kind of look semi decent as i do, so i have the odd attempt to really diet but i know deep down i just don't want it enough to endure a strict enough diet, and that's why i fail to get BF in single figs.

I know without a doubt if i could show the same willpower and determination i did to get from 17 st - 14 st, i would get shredded without a doubt, but at 17stone one day it just hit i hit me how much bag of sh@t i looked and i knew i had to really do something, and the willpower was just there and managed 3 months sticking to 1600cal without breaking once.

It;s like a drug addict , they can do any form of rehab method imaginable, but they will only succeed in getting clean when they hit the point that they really want it enough. Nothing more to it than will power IMO.

but the confusion as to how is big out there.and there hasnt been a predecendent case that i know of.

not even hamdy stays that lean year round, granted he dont even train half the year, but yeah.

that said, heres a general message and in particular a message to the toothpick legged "the bouncer"(balding 30year old), legs withering away,eh?

"it cannot be!"

i train them with a brutal 1 plate per side squats.2 plates on a "heavy" day, take note.

ofc i can "squat" 4 plates with locking out joints, no full rom, piss poor form,all the load going to all the wrong places.

please take note of the dryness between kneecaps and muscle insertions.hope this helps.

8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1309 on: June 20, 2013, 12:01:12 PM »
plenty.

"it cannot be!"

8)
GUY IN BACKROUND WATCHING U PEEL LOL,,,

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #1310 on: June 20, 2013, 12:03:28 PM »

As he rubs his nipples.

Man, those legs are looking good (33.3% homo)

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #1311 on: June 20, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »

He should get one of the schmoes in the gym take his photo like musclecenter does 8)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1312 on: June 20, 2013, 12:28:44 PM »
concker, much also has to do with the fer of losing muscle.
haha, the emplyees there at the counter always tell me please for the love of god, keep your clothes on ;D
U WON'T LISTEN,,,U PROBABLY SKI DOWN A SWISS MOUNTAIN SHIRTLESS ,ABS FLEXED ,POLES BETWEEN LEGS AS U TRY FOR A SPLIT SECOND TO HIT A BI/TRI POSE BEFORE CLIPPING A TREE NOT PAYING ATTENTION,,,

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #1313 on: June 20, 2013, 02:55:14 PM »
Layne Norton is probably on more drugs than Gal yet looks like shit.

again as gal and I keep discovering what your 'supposed' to do produces dramatically less efficient results than what we are doing. I cannot 'prove' my theories on this, just based on what I feel to be true based on what i know and have learned, but the main differences causing layne to not get gals level of conditioning are:

dieting too long. it seems for some reason the harder you throw your body into this deficit the better it partitions the nutrients it gets. allowing for better lean tissue retention, actually faster recovery between workouts and in my case the creation of new tissue mostly in part to those factors. cause I'm on exactly the third the amount of anabolics it took me to get here and Im leaner and bigger relatively than I have ever been. again, all unexplainable and not supposed to be happening but it is.

too high cals w cardio. all those cals are only going to support fat he's trying to lose. all the cardio does is burn off cals he's giving his body that it doesn't need. lol talk about an inefficient push/ pull scenario. but I guess 'conventional wisdom' says that's what your supposed to be going I guess.

wrong choice of agents to diet on in terms of anabolics. forget all the 'go to' prep drugs. there's one your never think of above all and no it isn't anadrol.

finally I think the combination of all these factors couple w fat burners and all the other shit he takes his body doesn't need (including food) is preventing him from getting to where gal is.

my 0.2. provable? no. speculative at best. but I'm ok w that cause it doesn't matter 'why'. all that matters is that it works, period.

thats why im so far over arguing about this stuff with people. its there. try it. im waking up every am leaner than i have ever been in my life. i cannot wait to get to the gym tomorrow. i look bigger than i ever been. i got told i looked like a super hero yesterday ffs. if someone doesnt want to get this system, take the time to learn it or follow it, great. cause at this point i could honestly care less. i have nothing to prove anymore. lol
b

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #1314 on: June 21, 2013, 07:21:15 AM »
What I've started doing for my "diet" (oh brother) recently is I LOVE breakfast, eggs/bacon/sausage/hashbrowns/etc., so I'll eat a big meal with stuff like that for breakfast, then basically eat nothing all day unless I'm just famished to the point of distraction then I might have a bagel or yogurt or something, then eat something sensible for dinner plus another snack later if I get hungry again.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1315 on: June 21, 2013, 07:37:49 AM »
Pedomuscle wrong as usual, I did the psmf and lost twenty lbs in ten days without strength loss. Sadly I have willpower issues so I ate a lot since then and haven't dropped any more. This thread , and cswols recent picture, is a good reminder to get back on 1200 cals a day for a couple more weeks so I can be 200 for summer.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1316 on: June 21, 2013, 03:43:48 PM »
still at the end of the day you need to have some muscle and having good degree thickness to show,,and other than gali and few others,,pics to show what this plan has done,,,

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #1317 on: June 21, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »
exactly its not like its gonna kill anyone ::)

when a fatso tells me "but im starving so badly i MUST eat something now" ,its beyond pathetic.

the muscle loss bulshit seems just to be a indirect excuse for eating.

oh well.

or wjhen ppl say they need the calories to train and then overestimate the cals needed by some 1000cals,oh brother ::)

a weightlifting session burns a "brutal" 300cals,if that.

I think that high volume squatting every day burns more than that but what do I know. Then again, if you're just pumping up upper body then I believe it's even less than that.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #1318 on: June 21, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »
yeah, no way in hell the average workout burns 300 cals

300 cals, according to a treadmill, is like running at 9mph for maybe 15 minutes

unless you're doing barbell circuits or something, seems highly unlikely you're expending that kind of effort in the gym

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1319 on: June 21, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »

300 cals, according to a treadmill, is like running at 9mph for maybe 15 minutes

unless you're doing barbell circuits or something, seems highly unlikely you're expending that kind of effort in the gym

I don't count the cal burn from lifting, its negligible. However I do like to burn 100 cals between exercises, or even between sets when I get the chance.. hop on the treadmill or elliptical instead of sitting on the bench like a fat whale 'recovering' between sets.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1320 on: June 21, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »

Calories Burned at 200 to 240 Lbs.

A person weighing 200 lbs. will burn approximately 273 calories per hour doing general weight-lifting. At 240 lbs., you'll burn about 327 calories. Vigorous weight-lifting will burn about twice as many calories as general weight-lifting.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/220952-calories-burned-from-one-hour-of-lifting-weights/#ixzz2Wtzwnrqu

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #1321 on: June 21, 2013, 07:21:33 PM »
thanks primemuscle.

ppl severly overestimate calories burned during weight lifting.

a very busy waiter burns more in the same time.

and yet they think they need 500+calories from pre and postworkout meals.haha ;D

this is the same as the fatso women who do 30 minutes cardio at no pace worth mention and then reward themseves with a pizza for that.

same principle.

good work g,,,

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #1322 on: June 21, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »

Yes this is precisely the "problem".

Your average lifter is entirely sedentary outside of burning a grand total of like 500 kcal a week lifting weights three or four days a week, wonders why he's still fat and soft while overeating by 1000 calories a day despite "training" so intensely.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #1323 on: June 21, 2013, 08:10:58 PM »
Galeniko understand s nutrition and drugs very well....I would listen to his advice

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1324 on: June 21, 2013, 09:05:29 PM »
Galeniko understand s nutrition and drugs very well....I would listen to his advice

Some of us who were genetically blessed with fast metabolisms and ectomorphic bodies, like me, had to eat everything including "kitchen sink" when we started working out just to gain one stinking pound of muscle. This helped us formed the habit of overeating and getting away with it. What some folks neglect to realize is one's metabolism isn't static, it changes over time. The first time I was able to actually add weight with out eating tons of food was when I was 29 and gave up smoking (cigarettes).

I started out as an emaciated 126 lb. nearly 6' tall gawky kid who wanted to be big like some of the jocks in high school. Guys big enough to play Jr. varsity and varsity football got all the glory and the girls....remember? Today I weigh 208 lbs. with a 34" waist and a so, so build. Without doubt, I am probably carrying around too much fat....but I achieved my goal of being big and truth be told, I like how I feel.

As fate would have it, I was talking to a fellow at the gym who was clearly out of shape and overweight. He also suffers from type II diabetes. He told me that he is 34 years old, half my age. He played high school football. In those days he was a little over 200 lbs. As he got older into his 20's and 30's his weight climbed to 260. I would guess him to be between 5'8" and 5'9". He had impressive calves and big muscular quads. It was hard to tell if they were leftover from his sports years or he got them because they were holding up his stomach, which looked like he was about to give birth to quadruplets who weighed 10 lbs. a piece.

This experience left me wondering what some of those guys I once so envied look like today. Did they capitalize on their genetically athletic endomorphic builds by eating right and working out? Or like the poor fellow I talked to at the gym, did they abuse their natural/genetic gifts before they were even officially middle aged? And if they did, are they even alive today or did they do themselves in, dying of diabetes, heart and/or kidney failure?

Personally, I think there are a lot of folks who suffer from some type of body dysmorphic disorder, either seeing themselves as still looking puny, when they aren't or seeing themselves as fat, when they are not. I have always believed in moderation. Extremes may get a person noticed and even allow them some celebrity status, but extremes are rarely healthy, regardless of whether one is 5'8" lugging around 235 lbs. of muscle or 6' and 165 lbs. with single digit body fat percentages.