Author Topic: Recognized nutritional and training certifications?  (Read 1755 times)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Recognized nutritional and training certifications?
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 05:44:40 PM »
Shut up, Vince.
you beat me to it, was about to post the same thing.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 06:37:27 PM »
If you can make side cash as a personal trainer, go for it. Cant hurt. Plus, most gym you train at will let you work out for free.

Back in the day, I remember Coach telling me ACE was a good certification program.

http://www.acefitness.org/fitness-certifications/personal-trainer-certification/default.aspx

Not ACE (they're good as well) but NASM or NSCA. Specialty certs are becoming more recognized as well if you're coaching in High Schools or college. General pop could careless about what you know or don't know, thats why we work primarily with athletes.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 06:59:43 PM »
Shut up, Vince.

Fuck you and your sister
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2013, 07:02:04 PM »
Not ACE (they're good as well) but NASM or NSCA. Specialty certs are becoming more recognized as well if you're coaching in High Schools or college. General pop could careless about what you know or don't know, thats why we work primarily with athletes.

ACE is ok....little on the easy side.  There's a bunch of them out there but I feel that the key to personal training is that the person is educated, insured, and motivated to provide quality service to their customers
A

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 10:31:59 AM »

ACE is ok....little on the easy side.  There's a bunch of them out there but I feel that the key to personal training is that the person is educated, insured, and motivated to provide quality service to their customers

::)

the real key is for the trainer to not be a bloated, sanctimonious homo
K

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »

That's the mailing address however here's something for you here......

Here's the facility

Here's my Diploma

Here's the Graduation

Ashworth College is a low cost solution for people who cannot afford to go to a public university or don't want to spend 6 figures so that anyone can utilize to fulfil their careers in life.  I still owe 19k on my first degree and I didn't need anymore debt which is why I chose Ashworth

Must have been a jam packed 2 days..

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2013, 09:46:26 AM »

The only reason why I keep my NASM-PES and NSCA paid is for the sole purpose the coaches I work with want it. Other than that they are pretty much useless in the general population. However, our specialty certs carry a lot of weight in our private business. FMS, NKT, USAW have more use than a PT cert even a CSCS.