Author Topic: What is my bodyfat percent?  (Read 7526 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: What is my bodyfat percent?
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 01:56:24 AM »
12-14% LOL!

that's sub-10 right there

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 03:47:53 AM »

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 04:01:35 AM »
12-14% LOL!

that's sub-10 right there

no...

maybe if calculated by a retard with a caliper... throw him in the bod pod or using an electronic calculator or do a hydrostatic test and you''d see that that's still slightly above 10%

not trolling here.. dude is very lean

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 04:10:06 AM »

no...

maybe if calculated by a retard with a caliper... throw him in the bod pod or using an electronic calculator or do a hydrostatic test and you''d see that that's still slightly above 10%

that advert is full of shit, as there is NO FUCKING WAY that fella that that before pic is 23% LOL! he's around 12% in the before pic but the after pic is correct as that is a legit 7%

serious question WOO, have you every been @ 7%? if yes then you know that each percentage point drop from 10% to 7% makes a huge fucking difference

going from 15% to 12% doesn't really look so much different, but once you go from 10% to 7% it's like night and day

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 04:10:19 AM »
What do you guys think it is? I have no idea. No homo  8)
You are 8% and judging by your face not being equal in leanness you are running something that causes water retention, therefor you look like you are 10% bodyfat due to water retention

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2013, 04:13:55 AM »
Epic 1 bathroom for the whole family, 4 toothbrushes

You are almost out of scope.

Brutal 1980s wall paper.

Monster still have cinnamon scented Christmas pine cones in mid March.

Is that a clock on the wall in the bathroom?  Why?  So you can time your shits?  
Ha! Monster observation skillz.   ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2013, 04:15:16 AM »
that advert is full of shit, as there is NO FUCKING WAY that fella that that before pic is 23% LOL! he's around 12% in the before pic but the after pic is correct as that is a legit 7%

serious question WOO, have you every been @ 7%? if yes then you know that each percentage point drop from 10% to 7% makes a huge fucking difference

going from 15% to 12% doesn't really look so much different, but once you go from 10% to 7% it's like night and day

based on my omron tester (however accurate that is) i've never registered lower than 12.2%

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2013, 04:16:14 AM »

based on my omron tester (however accurate that is) i've never registered lower than 12.2%

lol

are you sure it wasn't 12.22657473832 :D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2013, 04:22:23 AM »
lol

are you sure it wasn't 12.22657473832 :D

could have been...

i just know that i can fool a caliper because at the time i was getting tests that said 8% and i knew it was bullshit... has a lot to do with where you carry fat and where you pinch

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 04:23:01 AM »

No offence but calipers is the only true method, it measure the thickness of the skin and muscularity is only blurred by the fat in the thickness of the skin so everything else means nothing.

The more fat you have between the muscle and the skin the less visible your muscles are and that is what is meant by ''bodyfat'' so it only makes sense that the only true measurement is by calculating the thickness of the skin through calipers.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 05:01:54 AM »

we would need to see more pictures to properly judge. Pictures of his showing more of his serratus, legs and back would help. People carry fat differently. For me I store it all in my lower abs/love handle region.

but based on this pictures I would have to guess 11-13%  ..no way that he is 10% or less
I

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2013, 05:17:49 AM »
around 10 by the look of this shot.

Yes i'd agree with the 10% mark here, good job so far.

Yeah 10 is about right.

That would be my guess also.

pretty much sums it up

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2013, 05:22:44 AM »
Calipers can be really off and those $100 dollar electric gadgets are way off. I get different percentages from day to day on my $120 dollar body fat scale. Calipers are the same deal. Get two trainers to use calipers and they will give you two different readings. The only accurate method is hydrostatic  under water weighing. That's the gold standard that they calibrate the other methods.

I find it easy to believe that guy is over 23% body fat in those before and after pictures. He is soft and has no doubt a lot of visceral fat as well as subcutaneous fat.

Joining in on the insults. Epic tweezed eye brows. Just having fun. I'm guessing you are around 10 to 12% body fat.

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2013, 05:32:38 AM »
Calipers can be really off and those $100 dollar electric gadgets are way off. I get different percentages from day to day on my $120 dollar body fat scale. Calipers is the same deal. Get two trainers to use calipers and they will give you two different readings. The only accurate method is hydrostatic  under water weighing. That's the gold standard that they calibrate the other methods.

I find it easy to believe that guy is over 23% body fat in those before and after pictures. He is soft and has no doubt a lot of visceral fat as well as subcutaneous fat.

Joining in on the insults. Epic tweezed eye brows. Just having fun. I'm guessing you are around 10 to 12% body fat.

we would need to see more pictures to properly judge. Pictures of his showing more of his serratus, legs and back would help. People carry fat differently. For me I store it all in my lower abs/love handle region.

but based on this pictures I would have to guess 11-13%  ..no way that he is 10% or less

we are saying the same thing
I

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 05:55:03 AM »
Can't judge fairly with the towel....lose it and repost pic.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2013, 05:55:38 AM »

I also have a hard time believing he is over 20. Everyone's different but he looks pretty thin and you can even see ab outlines. Over 20 percent is a fat dude or a woman basically.

Also, if he put a shirt on in the after pic, no one would think he worked out :)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2013, 05:58:29 AM »

I also have a hard time believing he is over 20. Everyone's different but he looks pretty thin and you can even see ab outlines. Over 20 percent is a fat dude or a woman basically.

Also, if he put a shirt on in the after pic, no one would think he worked out :)

there's quite a few tricks in that photo dude

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2013, 06:03:39 AM »
anyone who believes this BS needs their head looked at...

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2013, 06:11:08 AM »
By the way, calipers measure bodyfat under the skin only and gives a estimate on total bodyfat. Of course it's pretty unreliable because some don't store fat the same and it doesn't take in bone density and other factors.

I have tried a Tanita scale at a gym once and also have this caliper at home.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2013, 06:19:13 AM »
I'm not understanding why you didn't just title the thread "Hey, look at me I look pretty damn good" rather than make up some reason like you have no idea what your body fat percentage is.... 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2013, 06:21:55 AM »
]

Funny how everything we say on this site has to have "no homo" at the end just in case.   ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2013, 06:23:54 AM »
Epic 1 bathroom for the whole family, 4 toothbrushes

You are almost out of scope.

Brutal 1980s wall paper.

Monster still have cinnamon scented Christmas pine cones in mid March.

Is that a clock on the wall in the bathroom?  Why?  So you can time your shits?  

;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2013, 06:31:49 AM »
You know getbig has jumped the shark when someone posts a pic and a majority of the responses are serious answers. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2013, 07:22:11 AM »
By the looks of those tats and that bathroom, you have other things to do than worry about your BF%.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2013, 08:10:19 AM »

no...

Most retarded ad I've seen.