Author Topic: Brown University: Queer minority worshops to overcome attraction to white gays.  (Read 9933 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
On what basis did you conclude WND has a "long history of sensationalizing their reports by lying and fabricating"?  

WND

"Independent conservative news web site with an emphasis on aggressive investigative reporting and gossip. Founded by Joseph and Elizabeth Farah."

WorldNetDaily (WND) is an American web site that publishes news and associated content from the perspective of U.S. conservatives and the political right. It was founded in May 1997 by Joseph Farah with the stated intent of "exposing wrongdoing, corruption and abuse of power" and is headquartered in Washington, D.C.

WND provides news, editorials, commentaries, letters to the editor, forums and conducts a daily poll. It claims its editorial content has a diverse range of viewpoints, though predominantly from a right wing or conservative perspective. Besides providing articles authored by its own staff, the site links to news from other publications. Notable staff includes Jerusalem Bureau Chief Aaron Klein, White House Correspondent Lester Kinsolving, and Staff Writer Jerome Corsi. Its commentary pages feature editorials from the site's founder, Joseph Farah and other social conservative a.uthors such as Pat Buchanan, Ellis Washington, Ann Coulter, David Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and Chuck Norris.

WND has published articles that have created controversies and criticism of the site by other media outlets.

On September 13, 2001, WND published a commentary by Anthony C. LoBaido regarding the September 11 attacks on New York. City and Washington, D.C. that occurred two days earlier. In his column, LoBaido outlined what he regarded as the moral depravity of America in general and New York in particular, asking whether "God (has) raised up Shiite Islam as a sword against America". Commentators Virginia Postrel of Reason magazine and James Taranto of the Wall Street Journal criticized LoBaido and Joseph Farah for the piece and called for columnists Hugh Hewitt and Bill O'Reilly to sever their ties with WND, prompting Farah to respond with a column of his own explaining that the article did not reflect the viewpoint of WND, and that it, like most other commentary pieces, had not been reviewed before being published.

WorldNetDaily has emerged as a leading outlet publicizing conspiracy theories about Barack Obama's citizenship status, claiming that Obama is not a natural-born American citizen and is thus not eligible to serve as president. After the 2008 presidential campaign, WND began an online petition to have Obama's Hawaiian birth certificate released to the public. The website also unsuccessfully urged Supreme Court justices to hear several lawsuits aiming to release Obama's birth certificate.

On September 20, 2000, WND published an article claiming that a Savannah, Tennessee car dealer, and fund-raiser for then-Vice President Al Gore, had interfered with a criminal investigation, had been a "subject" of a criminal investigation, was listed on law enforcement computers as a "dope dealer", and implied that he had ties to others involved in alleged criminal activity. In 2001 the car dealer, Clark Jones, filed a lawsuit against WND; the reporters, Charles C. Thompson II and Tony Hays; the Center for Public Integrity, which had underwritten Thompson and Hays' reporting on the article and related ones and various Tennessee publications and broadcasters who he accused of repeating the claim, claiming libel and defamation. The lawsuit had been scheduled to go to trial in March 2008; but, on February 13, 2008, WND announced that a confidential out-of-court settlement had been reached with Jones. A settlement statement jointly drafted by all parties in the lawsuit stated that a Freedom of Information Act request showed that the allegations had been false, and that WND had misquoted sources.

WND has also come out against LGBT participants in the Republican party and their associates. In 2010, when writer and pundit Ann Coulter accepted the invitation to attend and speak at GOProud's Homocon 2010 event, Farah announced the withdrawal of Coulter's name from the list of speakers at the company's Taking America Back conference. Coulter responded by saying that speaking engagements do not imply endorsement of the hosting organization; however, after Farah published private emails between himself and Coulter, Coulter called him a “publicity whore” and a “swine” in an email to the Daily Caller blog.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
North Korea is talking about nuking us and we are worred about minority beta twinks pissed off they are attracted to white alpha twinks?

WTF?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
WND

"Independent conservative news website with an emphasis on aggressive investigative reporting and gossip. Founded by Joseph and Elizabeth Farah."

WorldNetDaily (WND) is an American web site that publishes news and associated content from the perspective of U.S. conservatives and the political right. It was founded in May 1997 by Joseph Farah with the stated intent of "exposing wrongdoing, corruption and abuse of power" and is headquartered in Washington, D.C.

WND provides news, editorials, commentaries, letters to the editor, forums and conducts a daily poll. It claims its editorial content has a diverse range of viewpoints, though predominantly from a right wing or conservative perspective. Besides providing articles authored by its own staff, the site links to news from other publications. Notable staff includes Jerusalem Bureau Chief Aaron Klein, White House Correspondent Lester Kinsolving, and Staff Writer Jerome Corsi. Its commentary pages feature editorials from the site's founder, Joseph Farah and other social conservative authors such as Pat Buchanan, Ellis Washington, Ann Coulter, David Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, and Chuck Norris.

WND has published articles that have created controversies and criticism of the site by other media outlets.

On September 13, 2001, WND published a commentary by Anthony C. LoBaido regarding the September 11 attacks on New York City and Washington, D.C. that occurred two days earlier. In his column, LoBaido outlined what he regarded as the moral depravity of America in general and New York in particular, asking whether, "God (has) raised up Shiite Islam as a sword against America". Commentators Virginia Postrel of Reason magazine and James Taranto of the Wall Street Journal criticized LoBaido and Joseph Farah for the piece and called for columnists Hugh Hewitt and Bill O'Reilly to sever their ties with WND, prompting Farah to respond with a column of his own explaining that the article did not reflect the viewpoint of WND, and that it, like most other commentary pieces, had not been reviewed before being published.

WorldNetDaily has emerged as a leading outlet publicizing conspiracy theories about Barack Obama's citizenship status, claiming that Obama is not a natural-born American citizen and is thus not eligible to serve as president. After the 2008 presidential campaign, WND began an online petition to have Obama's Hawaiian birth certificate released to the public. The website also unsuccessfully urged Supreme Court justices to hear several lawsuits aiming to release Obama's birth certificate.

On September 20, 2000, WND published an article claiming that a Savannah, Tennessee car dealer, and fund-raiser for then-Vice President Al Gore, had interfered with a criminal investigation, had been a "subject" of a criminal investigation, was listed on law enforcement computers as a "dope dealer", and implied that he had ties to others involved in alleged criminal activity. In 2001 the car dealer, Clark Jones, filed a lawsuit against WND; the reporters, Charles C. Thompson II and Tony Hays; the Center for Public Integrity, which had underwritten Thompson and Hays' reporting on the article and related ones and various Tennessee publications and broadcasters who he accused of repeating the claim, claiming libel and defamation. The lawsuit had been scheduled to go to trial in March 2008; but, on February 13, 2008, WND announced that a confidential out-of-court settlement had been reached with Jones. A settlement statement jointly drafted by all parties in the lawsuit stated that a Freedom of Information Act request showed that the allegations had been false, and that WND had misquoted sources.

Link?  

So from this excerpt, WND is a conservative site, and in 2000 and 2001, it published two articles that contained false information.  That's it??  I think you can find articles that contain false information going back thirteen years from CNN, Fox, MSNBC, Huffington Post, etc., etc.

And after all that, they're still part of the White House press corps.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_press_corps#Current_White_House_correspondents  

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
It's not a yes or no question.  I don't have a position on whether the content (including the people quoted in the article) is accurate.  I have no idea if it's true or false.  I was addressing the issue of dismissing the content based solely on the source. 

But nice, repeated attempted straw man.   :) 

The question I asked is a yes or no question.

Do you think Kinsey is guilty of what McWay stated?  It can't be more simple than this.  Lack of answer is often an answer anyway.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
The question I asked is a yes or no question.

Do you think Kinsey is guilty of what McWay stated?  It can't be more simple than this.  Lack of answer is often an answer anyway.

It's not a yes or no question.  I don't have a position on whether the content (including the people quoted in the article) is accurate.  I have no idea if it's true or false.  I was addressing the issue of dismissing the content based solely on the source. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
North Korea is talking about nuking us and we are worred about minority beta twinks pissed off they are attracted to white alpha twinks?

WTF?   

I know it might be hard to understand but a lot of people notable ones with higher then 70 IQ's can worry about multiple issues at once. For example once a decision is made you move to the next topic, you do not have to invest all of your mental power to one issue.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I know it might be hard to understand but a lot of people notable ones with higher then 70 IQ's can worry about multiple issues at once. For example once a decision is made you move to the next topic, you do not have to invest all of your mental power to one issue.

333 cant even have sex without thinking of Obama at least once.

Pretty scary.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana

you don't actually know what that means...do you?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
you don't actually know what that means...do you?

I didn't think he did either.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
333 cant even have sex without thinking of Obama at least once.

Pretty scary.
that assumes 333386 has sex; jacking doesn't count
w