Author Topic: Biceps Tendon  (Read 3189 times)

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
Re: Biceps Tendon
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2015, 01:34:34 PM »
"Working around" an injury is just worthless bro-science. I " worked around" my torn supraspinatus for longer than I am willing to remember. Only when I stopped training shoulder and chest Completely, it healed and I gained the muscle back in no time...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2015, 02:19:36 PM »
"Working around" an injury is just worthless bro-science. I " worked around" my torn supraspinatus for longer than I am willing to remember. Only when I stopped training shoulder and chest Completely, it healed and I gained the muscle back in no time...

"Bro-science"? Ok...lol

Elvis_McCartney

• Getbig II
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2015, 08:32:28 PM »
Coach, go for it my friend.  I'm 49 and going for 405 in the next couple of weeks. At around 10% BF I might add.  205lbs.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2015, 08:47:43 PM »
Pec cries  :'(
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2015, 09:02:50 PM »
I take it that even our resident training expert can get injured from lifting heavy weights?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 09:23:04 PM »
I take it that even our resident training expert can get injured from lifting heavy weights?

Thought that was you, Theory Haver?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 10:02:25 PM »

Hasn't stopped me from training and I guarantee if it would have happened on a machine I would have been really fucked. Went to the 130's for 6 on DB's with no pain. Go ahead Vince, challenge me.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2015, 10:25:34 PM »
Hasn't stopped me from training and I guarantee if it would have happened on a machine I would have been really fucked. Went to the 130's for 6 on DB's with no pain. Go ahead Vince, challenge me.

What the heck is a guy your age doing heavy bench presses for? That is the worry, not whether you use free weights or machines.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 10:34:53 PM »
What the heck is a guy your age doing heavy bench presses for? That is the worry, not whether you use free weights or machines.

Honest answer and not trying to be a dick here. It's because I still can and feel fortunate that can do it at my age. When I train I don't feel that old. I just can't recover like I used to. It keeps me strong and keeps me thick and  My diet is relatively tight.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 10:39:57 PM »
Honest answer and not trying to be a dick here. It's because I still can and feel fortunate that can do it at my age. When I train I don't feel that old. I just can't recover like I used to. It keeps me strong and keeps me thick and  My diet is relatively tight.

We bodybuilders have always had this urge to show others we are also strong. Thus, we usually always lift heavy in the gym. Heavier perhaps than we should or need to lift. Yes, there are some who maintain super strength into old age but most succumb to injuries or lack of motivation. The default 10 reps seldom causes serious injuries, but you know this. 3 reps with over 400 in the bench is a stellar performance.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2015, 12:37:38 AM »
I'll be 53. The only thing that isn't stiff is my cock.
lål