Author Topic: Victor Martinez guest posing 28.3. in Russia-his chest started atrophying!!!  (Read 9235 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
He is kinda right here. Vic is 39, that is old for a top bodybuilder. His best showings were 4 years or so ago. I can't think of anyone that has made a huge jump in Olympia placings that close to 40. Yes, Ronnie had good years at 40 and 41, but he was at the very top of the game, and he also had the benefit of being a returning champion. Look at the history of the Olympia, contestants have their best years in their mid 30's.

Add to that, he is making up a debt of those lost months, plus the general stress of the last few years, I can't see him being a huge factor anymore in the regular Olympia. If he does try the major contest, I do still think he'll do well. He'll be helped by a weaker line up, and general goodwill, but still not to a major amount.

If I were him, I'd bow out gracefully, and get some cash and contracts under my belt now while he's still fondly remembered, than become one of those old pros that are picked apart on message boards come contest time.

Dexter has

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
ageing also affects the pec line, its one of the first things to go.
It is not from aging, maybe aging does, I do not know but I live at bodybuilding shows and I know this for a fact being from diuretics. Also I have seen Vic have this same loose skin ten years ago, so fact is it is not from aging, go pop 100 mg of lasix and tell me you will not have a bodypart with loose skin. I would get loose skin in my arm pit when I over did the diuretics.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Dexter has

Dexter has also been in the top three or 4 BB's in the World for the majority of his career, so even if he was off, he was still a tier ahead of Victor in most cases. Victor's best years were 2007 - 2009, since then he's had major personal issues, including 1/2 a year lost. His last contest was 2011.

If he comes back now and gets bad placings, he risks a blow to his legacy. If he bows out gracefully, he can still get something going. He can pick up small / medium contracts probably. Perhaps try his hand at being a guru.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
from this pic we can clearly say HIS DAYS ARE OVER...sorry,i was a big fan of his psique but theres no way he is beating PHIL or KAI...
I think this is going to happen to JAY too...

http://www.getbig.ru/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=56

We got to get musclecenter's opinion.

ukjeff

go pop 100 mg of lasix and tell me you will not have a bodypart with loose skin. I would get loose skin in my arm pit when I over did the diuretics.
Never took them so wouldnt know, diet right and you dont need them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
vic's just dehydrated.   that flight to russia must be brutal.  He's probably reading getbig and laughing right now.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Dexter has also been in the top three or 4 BB's in the World for the majority of his career, so even if he was off, he was still a tier ahead of Victor in most cases. Victor's best years were 2007 - 2009, since then he's had major personal issues, including 1/2 a year lost. His last contest was 2011.

If he comes back now and gets bad placings, he risks a blow to his legacy. If he bows out gracefully, he can still get something going. He can pick up small / medium contracts probably. Perhaps try his hand at being a guru.
I just told you 99% of contracts expect you to compete, why would he stop when he will live like crap if he does, he can make some good money competing, contracts come with competing and he may not win the O but he won the last show he did, remember and he placed good in the Olympia, he could have easily placed second at the Arnold's this year. You don't stop competing when you can place top 3 at Arnolds, that is just dumb, unless he won the Olympia his legacy will not be tarnished at all.

Competing is everything at this level, exposure, publicity all stops the second you stop competing or at the least 80% of it does, that means forget about guess appearance where he makes 5k a pop, forget about contracts, forget about paid trips everywhere, horrible idea.

falco

• Getbig V
He looks stoned all the time ???.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Never took them so wouldn't know, diet right and you dont need them.
It is not about needing them or not, a dieted right physique will still look better if they took diuretics. Even you at your best, you say did not need them, well I say you would have looked a tad better if you took them, so I am not disagreeing with you per se but there is always room for improvement by drawing out more water.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Alright, the next few contests will tell.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
He looks stoned all the time ???.
Lethargic from the gh

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
dexter jackson is a political bber, his physique has been the same for over 15 years if not longer, never improved or gotten any bigger

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
Why does he use harsh diuretics like lasix when at this point he could achieve similar effect with spironolactone?

And check your pm oth.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Alright, the next few contests will tell.
Hey, you are right about his chances but don't forget the field has weakened a bit since the Ronnie era and with Heath, Rhoden and Dexter placing high means Victors physique will be favored

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Why does he use harsh diuretics like lasix when at this point he could achieve similar effect with spironolactone?

And check your pm oth.
No I don't know for sure if he used lasix, that was just an example, he may have used something else but he did use diuretics for his guess appearance, they all do, everyone of them do for guess appearance, it is a quick fix to transform over night, will check the pm, have 5 of them that I haven't checked yet, feeling lazy lately lol, on my way now. 8)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
Well there's a world of difference between potassium sparing diuretics and lasix. You can take spironolactone literally year round with no problems at all, it's actually medicated to women with hormonal problems and they use it for years nonstop.

Lasix though is very dangerous IMO.

ukjeff

but there is always room for improvement by drawing out more water.
Diuretics dont really care where they take the water from, so its hit and miss, you could just shrink the muscle rather than take away water from under the skin above it

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
ageing also affects the pec line, its one of the first things to go.

Spot on, first thing I noticed go after hitting 32.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Diuretics dont really care where they take the water from, so its hit and miss, you could just shrink the muscle rather than take away water from under the skin above it
Very true but through trial and error you can learn how to react to them and of course you have to use the same ones and know exactly when and how, also carbs change the effects of the diuretics big time so you have to know how much carbs to load with for a specific amount of diuretics.

Well there's a world of difference between potassium sparing diuretics and lasix. You can take spironolactone literally year round with no problems at all, it's actually medicated to women with hormonal problems and they use it for years nonstop.

Lasix though is very dangerous IMO.
Doesn't ring a bell but sounds interesting, will look into them

deceiver

• Getbig IV
Without water and sodium it's also impossible to carb up, carb metabolism is fucked and you get bloated stomach and then you look flat, actually more fat and you cannot flex.

Everyone that I know that took lasix fucked everything up, that's why people usually use spironolactone. I honestly don't know a single competitor that was satisfied with furosemide.

I have no idea how they do that.

Oh and don't forget about fried kidneys!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Uhhh thats a torn chest. He may get away with it in the mandatory shots but that right pec will look strange from angles, as it does in those pics. That really sucks, has a great physique otherwise.
follow the arrows

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
vic did have a partial tear of his pec, i believe?   he went and got help that very same day and the damage was kept to a very very minimum. 

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
vic did have a partial tear of his pec, i believe?   he went and got help that very same day and the damage was kept to a very very minimum. 
Yikes. There's some damage done thats quite visible in these pics. May or may not hurt him.
follow the arrows

Purge_WTF

Never really liked the guy, but he looks good in those pics. At least he won't wind up guest-posing looking like Ricki Lake the way Kamali used to.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ronnie had Vic as a future multi Mr. Olympia after him. This was back in 2007. Vic was supposed to be the next guy. Jay was supposed to be a two time guy. Then Phil showed up out of nowhere. Vic just never improved. He is like Wolf in this regard. Maxed out early, never got better. Over time will get worse.
He was Mr.O in 2007, just doesn't have the trophy!