Author Topic: My Improvement due to Cardio..  (Read 6887 times)

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
Re: My Improvement due to Cardio..
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 09:21:52 AM »
Improved a lot Sherief.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 09:55:30 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 09:58:15 AM »
this is a very good read and how it gives ideas how to mix your cardio up from 10 min vigorous activity(for you hit guys) and 20-30 min lower intensity. A good simply explained read. I have always went on the 3x30 Min's a week protocol myself, although i do 40/45 Min's mostly 3-4 times a week at about 65-80% my maximum heart rate(i do interval training, changing my pace) also the distance i run plays a part on my heart rate too.
http://www.kines.uiuc.edu/kines-courses/kin452-ellenevans/KIN452_F07/ACSM_AHA_2007Guidelines_Haskell_MSSE.pdf

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »
i'm talking about optimum heart health here, not being competitively fit (by the way, i ran a sub 2 min half mile in high school, so i know a bit about being competitively fit ;))

according to Dr. Doug McGuff, hit weight-training provides sufficient work for optimum heart health

So....who cares? Everyone did something special in high school when they weighed buck twenty.
all drugs - TPPIIP

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2013, 11:43:44 AM »
this is a very good read and how it gives ideas how to mix your cardio up from 10 min vigorous activity(for you hit guys) and 20-30 min lower intensity. A good simply explained read. I have always went on the 3x30 Min's a week protocol myself, although i do 40/45 Min's mostly 3-4 times a week at about 65-80% my maximum heart rate(i do interval training, changing my pace) also the distance i run plays a part on my heart rate too.
http://www.kines.uiuc.edu/kines-courses/kin452-ellenevans/KIN452_F07/ACSM_AHA_2007Guidelines_Haskell_MSSE.pdf

thanks for that article dude

but the question is... how many people in the general public actually follow and do these guidelines/recommendations?

i'd say less than 5%

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2013, 12:19:57 AM »
It's something you shouldn't round down and try writing off. If anything, do extra because it's not going to hurt unless you're an Auschwitz-looking cardio addict. The whole "don't sweat it" attitude is a dangerous one.

I don't believe in cookie cutter advice either. Myself, I try to get outside with my dogs and run around the hiking trails here. I live a bit of a sedentary work lifestyle being tethered to a desk for 8 hours at one job and a couple hours a day at another job I do from home, so any chance I get I like to go outside and run around. Even if it's just chasing my dogs in the backyard for 20 minutes. It's not something I think you can quantify exactly and I hate giving specific guidelines, but it's something you can easily titrate by looking at your waistline, what you typically do in a day and how winded or energetic you feel when you exercise. If you're sucking back wind like a vacuum, you could probably benefit from more.

The cardiologists I know just think people have abhorrent cardiovascular knowledge. I'm not an expert, but I at least try minding it which is a lot more than what others do. They tell me that they're seeing younger and younger people with a ton more arterial plaques, low HDL, high LDL and triglycerides, tons of fat, tons of edema, participate in many negative activities that destroy cardiovascular health including but not limited to smoking, blowing coke on the weekends and eating a shitty diet, etc. Nothing extraordinary or unknown, just things that people don't care to mind for some reason.

I want to be running around with my kids and grandkids. I don't want to be sucking on an oxygen tank because I was too obsessed with being swole and flexing my fatceps in the mirror everyday thinking I'm a sexy beast.

Very good post my friend. Healthy outlook on life and the right thing to do. May you live a long and prosperous life.