Author Topic: Kevin Ware - Basketball injury - graphic  (Read 26851 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Kevin Ware leg injury!!!
« Reply #50 on: April 02, 2013, 06:22:10 AM »
lack of sunlight causes weak bones especially in blacks
x2 vitamin d deficiancy

luckily for blacks they absorb more sunlight quicker and more effectively because of there black skin\
A

Natural Man

• Getbig V
Re: Kevin Ware - Basketball injury - graphic
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2013, 06:35:27 AM »
well prolly played with a long lasting injury , taking tons of anti inflamatory drugs.... he needed to perform to get his place in the sun, to become another millionaire...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Kevin Ware leg injury!!!
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2013, 08:40:12 AM »
WTF are you rolling your eyes at, and you call yourself a coach ??? Ya real smart if you think that jump alone caused that injury, no previous bruising or weakness in there right genius, woooooooooooosh.

How often do you see that happen? Now think about this REEAAAAAL hard. Also, think about how many players at all levels play with bruising or weakness? Then think about what you previously posted.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2013, 08:42:57 AM »
EXACTLY,

Wake the fuck up coach

So, you think if he had a stress fracture there wouldn't have been any pain and the team doc would actually let him play in a game like that WITH a stress fracture? MMmmm, nah.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2013, 08:45:54 AM »
I stand corrected, they are saying it might have been a stress fracture. IF this is the case....team physician should be sent packing.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2013, 08:49:55 AM »
I stand corrected, they are saying it might have been a stress fracture. IF this is the case....team physician should be sent packing.

Actually, maybe I'm not wrong..or right.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/03/31/the-latest-on-kevin-wares-injury/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2013, 09:00:18 AM »
That's what I like to see happen to Phil's leg if he steps over the line again in Mr O 2013.

I don't think the sport could sustain any credibility if any competitor is allowed to step over the line again.  The internet backlash will be brutal. 

It's outright cheating at this point.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2013, 10:02:21 AM »
I don't think the sport could sustain any credibility if any competitor is allowed to step over the line again.  The internet backlash will be brutal. 

It's outright cheating at this point.

Phil Cheath

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2013, 10:41:58 AM »
Bro, injuries of this magnitude, more often then not, are due to a severe bruising or some sort of vulnerability in that area prior to the final injury. That jump was just the finishing touch, a 100% strong leg would not have broken that easily, whatever it was, something was wrong prior.

Do you remember that horrible leg break from sid vicious, the wrestler, well he stated afterwards that his leg was bothering him for a few weeks and he ignored it.

Do you remember that famous kickboxer that kicked someone in a match and his leg snapped in half, well he also said he should not have been fighting that day cause his leg was slightly swollen.

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #59 on: April 02, 2013, 10:45:56 AM »

ouch!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #60 on: April 02, 2013, 10:47:34 AM »
Phil Cheath

Everyone who says Phil heath used to stand in front of the free throw line to take his shots... that's just wrong!

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:56 AM »
Everyone who says Phil heath used to stand in front of the free throw line to take his shots... that's just wrong!

I like how he crossed over from one sport to another. He knows no boundaries.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2013, 12:42:29 PM »
A lot of heavy weed smokers have brittle bones. Many of them get hip replacements.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2013, 02:13:25 PM »
A lot of heavy weed smokers have brittle bones. Many of them get hip replacements.
Cannabis smokers 'at risk of brittle bone disease'

By John von Radowitz
    23 May 2005

Excessive use of cannabis may lead to brittle bones, new research suggests.

Scientists have found that molecules on the surface of bone cells are targeted by cannabis chemicals.

They discovered that drugs which block these cannabinoid receptors may prevent bone loss. But the flip-side to the research is that smoking cannabis is likely to promote osteoporosis.

Professor Stuart Ralston, who led the research at the University of Aberdeen, said: "We hadn't studied cannabis users, but the work we've done would suggest that if you use a lot of cannabis it could stimulate bone-absorbing cells, and that would be bad."

The study's findings are published as ministers prepare to review existing cannabis laws.

Receptors are molecules that act like a "lock" into which other molecules fit. Molecules that affect cells are activated when they bind to specific receptors.

Professor Ralston's team was investigating the way natural cannabinoids in the body attach to receptors to help regulate bone density and turnover.

The "endogenous" cannabinoids seemed to stimulate the absorption of bone - and it was likely that chemicals in cannabis did the same.

Because the molecules have a similar structure, they are likely to bind to the same receptors, the professor said. "It is very likely, almost certain," he said.

Mouse experiments showed that blocking the cannabinoid receptors effectively inhibited bone loss. Conversely, stimulating them with drugs that mimicked the effects of cannabis was detrimental to bone.

"This is an important finding since it demonstrates that the receptors which cannabis acts upon are not only important in the nervous system, but also in the control of bone metabolism," said Professor Ralston, who is now at the University of Edinburgh.

"That compounds which blocked cannabinoid receptors are highly effective at preventing bone loss is particularly exciting, since it shows that these drugs could provide us with a completely new approach to the treatment of osteoporosis." The findings appear in the online edition of the journal Nature Medicine.

Professor Ralston, one of Britain's leading osteoporosis experts, said he saw many patients with bone loss who used drugs of various types. But he pointed out that diet, smoking, and other lifestyle issues may also be involved. "If using cannabis is one of the factors involved, we ought to know about it," he added.

More than 250,000 people in Britain suffer osteoporosis-related fractures each year, with related health costs exceeding £1.7bn. A spokesman for the National Osteoporosis Society said: "This looks to be a new area of research and we are not aware that there has been a lot of research into this issue. It is encouraging from our point of view that new areas are being explored in osteoporosis research."

Health warnings

Cannabis was reclassified from a class B to a class C drug in January 2004. Since then research has revealed new risks.

* A study in Belgium found that cannabis doubles the risk of schizophrenia, hallucination and paranoia among a genetically susceptible group.

* According to the Institute of Psychiatry at King's College London, one in four people carries genes that increase vulnerability to psychosis illness if he or she smokes cannabis as a teenager. Other illnesses such as depression have also been linked to the drug.

* Scientists at Queen's University, Belfast, have warned that use of the drug by men can damage sperm, reducing fertility.

* Researchers in New Zealand have found that heavy cannabis users are ten times more likely to be injured, or to injure others, in car accidents.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2013, 02:50:28 PM »
all of these vids of bone breaks are pale black people. vitamin d deficient due to wrong climate for their skin.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »
Bro, injuries of this magnitude, more often then not, are due to a severe bruising or some sort of vulnerability in that area prior to the final injury. That jump was just the finishing touch, a 100% strong leg would not have broken that easily, whatever it was, something was wrong prior.

Do you remember that horrible leg break from sid vicious, the wrestler, well he stated afterwards that his leg was bothering him for a few weeks and he ignored it.

Do you remember that famous kickboxer that kicked someone in a match and his leg snapped in half, well he also said he should not have been fighting that day cause his leg was slightly swollen.

Ok, I get what you're saying but bruised, weakness or stress fractures are the norm in sports, this was not a kick to the leg, and this was no wrestling match, he's a basketball player, jumping is what he does,. This is going to sound rediculous to some, but I see two things,a freak accident and genetics. If you can't find a definitive answer, I would think to look at the family history of any bone disorders. This idoesnt happen all that often and I can't remember if it has ever happend in high level basketball. Now, I say bone disorder because of this, 3 years ago my clients son (8 years old at the time) had the same compound fracture as ware, came down hard and broke. He has a family history of bone disorders, not disease but softening. Who knows!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2013, 03:13:46 PM »
it's not a bone disorder it's just vitamin d deficiency causing brittle bones...

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2013, 03:25:34 PM »
Ok, I get what you're saying but bruised, weakness or stress fractures are the norm in sports, this was not a kick to the leg, and this was no wrestling match, he's a basketball player, jumping is what he does,. This is going to sound rediculous to some, but I see two things,a freak accident and genetics. If you can't find a definitive answer, I would think to look at the family history of any bone disorders. This idoesnt happen all that often and I can't remember if it has ever happend in high level basketball. Now, I say bone disorder because of this, 3 years ago my clients son (8 years old at the time) had the same compound fracture as ware, came down hard and broke. He has a family history of bone disorders, not disease but softening. Who knows!
You are totally missing the point, its common sense and out of all the experts out there your dumb opinion was in the minority as most experts are claiming something had to be wrong prior and yet you have the audacity at rolling your eye at such a suggestion, talk about throwing your credibility down the toilet. There is no way of knowing the past but every break of this magnitude I have ever heard of started off before hand and was ignored.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »
Poor Coach

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2013, 08:05:09 PM »
You are totally missing the point, its common sense and out of all the experts out there your dumb opinion was in the minority as most experts are claiming something had to be wrong prior and yet you have the audacity at rolling your eye at such a suggestion, talk about throwing your credibility down the toilet. There is no way of knowing the past but every break of this magnitude I have ever heard of started off before hand and was ignored.

Most experts are only speculating and admit they have no idea how it it happened. I told you my opinion if there is no other conclusion.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2013, 08:06:09 PM »
Poor Coach

Is it because I'm white? Why are you so racist?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2013, 08:20:23 PM »
Most experts are only speculating and admit they have no idea how it it happened. I told you my opinion if there is no other conclusion.
I have no problem accepting someones opinion even if it is wrong like in your case, but you did not just do that you rolled your eyes at something that turned out to be true, that is called ignorance.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 02, 2013, 08:23:27 PM »
I know of a female gymnast who had the same break happen. The surgeon noticed  that she had a small tumor growing in between the tib and fib creating pressure for quite sometime. Eventually, when she landed, it was just amount of expanding pressure which created the break. 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2013, 08:24:16 PM »
I have no problem accepting someones opinion even if it is wrong like in your case, but you did not just do that you rolled your eyes at something that turned out to be true, that is called ignorance.

Hi Onetimehard, meet Coach.  ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2013, 08:27:04 PM »