Author Topic: The Top 15 To Never Go Pro  (Read 7330 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
Re: The Top 15 To Never Go Pro
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2013, 12:39:38 PM »
Dude looked pretty good

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2013, 12:40:46 PM »
Who took the overall that year? I'm under the impression that Stan turned Pro in 95.

Either way. It's a shame indeed that he couldn't pull it together when it mattered. All I know is that he looked freaky yet pleasing long before Photoshop was the norm.

That was Dave Fisher. McCrary was second that year. He was also second in '94 to Jeff Poulin, who won the overall and turned pro. 1995 was when McCrary finally won the heavyweight and overall title.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2013, 12:50:25 PM »
That was Dave Fisher. McCrary was second that year. He was also second in '94 to Jeff Poulin, who won the overall and turned pro. 1995 was when McCrary finally won the heavyweight and overall title.

Man I remember all those names. Just been looking at placings over the years. Don Long, DeMayo, Curtis Leffer, Poulin, Mike Francios. Man, what an era. I'm going home in a few weeks and I think it's about time to dust off the old Flex and MuscleMag's. Just to remember why I still drag myself to gym 9pm on a Sunday night for leg training

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2013, 01:03:37 PM »
Man I remember all those names. Just been looking at placings over the years. Don Long, DeMayo, Curtis Leffer, Poulin, Mike Francios. Man, what an era. I'm going home in a few weeks and I think it's about time to dust off the old Flex and MuscleMag's. Just to remember why I still drag myself to gym 9pm on a Sunday night for leg training

I actually met Stan McCrary at the 2005 Southeaster USA in Orlando. He seemed pretty mellow, while hocking his "Topamania" gear. I think he was still with MuscleTech at the time. His girlfriend won the fitness show there. And the guest poser, Marcus Haley, still basking over his 2005 North American win and getting his pro card as a result.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2013, 01:16:32 PM »
I actually met Stan McCrary at the 2005 Southeaster USA in Orlando. He seemed pretty mellow, while hocking his "Topamania" gear. I think he was still with MuscleTech at the time. His girlfriend won the fitness show there. And the guest poser, Marcus Haley, still basking over his 2005 North American win and getting his pro card as a result.

Cool. What's Fletcher up to these days? He completely retired from the scene then?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2013, 09:28:02 PM »
Cool. What's Fletcher up to these days? He completely retired from the scene then?

I've never seen Fletcher in person. I've only read about him, recalling an article that stated he lived in Germany for over a decade.

If he was a citizen there, why didn't he try to win Germany's national title and turn pro via that route.

Much like Victor Richards went to Nigeria (although I know of no Nigerian national champion before or since Richards to turn pro), Jimmy Mentis used his dual citizenship and went to Greece to win its national title and earn a pro card. Unlike Richards, Mentis actually competed on an IFBB pro stage.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2013, 11:18:29 PM »

One of the biggest gyno what mankind has ever seen..

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 05:45:18 AM »
IN NJ BEAU MATLOCK/ROB LOPEZ,GREAT BUIDLS,MUSCLE BELLIES,STRUCTURE AND CONDTION ...MATLOCK GREAT POSER BOTH WERE CONSIDERED S RAY AND OR WHEELER CLONES...