Author Topic: Antoine Vaillant - Ten years of hard work - got his pro card!  (Read 431608 times)

Orhan

• Getbig II
Re: Antoine Vaillant - Ten years of hard work - got his pro card!
« Reply #1275 on: May 18, 2018, 12:07:04 AM »
What I don't get is how can you be a recovering addict,  but steroids are ok? I think he goes to meetings or has a sponsor, I wonder what their take is on PED'S.

i get what you mean but 2 different kettle of fish PED and rec drugs

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1276 on: May 20, 2018, 12:48:14 AM »
Legs are looking pretty sick!

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1277 on: May 20, 2018, 12:32:28 PM »
i get what you mean but 2 different kettle of fish PED and rec drugs
Yup

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #1278 on: May 20, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »
What I don't get is how can you be a recovering addict,  but steroids are ok? I think he goes to meetings or has a sponsor, I wonder what their take is on PED'S.

The people in AA/NA are fucking ignorant as can be when it comes to PEDs. They think "a drug is a drug" and you cannot get it through their dumb skulls the difference.keep in mind mostnofnthem are longtime skinny drunks and junkies who've never playedna sport so they understand nothing even when it comes to creatine and OTC supps. You gotta explain to thesenself-righteous fucks It's fucken hormones. Like telling a woman she can no longer use birth control. Just had this subject come up, saying I'd "never attain any sorta long term sobriety if i kept using even just testosterone", coming from a guy with not even a year sobriety, who hasn't even completed all 12 steps (not that those steps mean shit to me) and is already "sponsoring" people s*** like that isn't rare)& i have to remind them i had roughly 14 fucken years clean,& roughly 12yrs sober of alcohol (I didn't sit and dwele on it and hardly ever crossed my mind) while being around it nearly daily for a large portion of those 12/14yrs...  AA people tend to "take other people's inventory" while preaching about "not taking other people's inventory". AA isn't the only game in town.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #1279 on: May 21, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »

The people in AA/NA are fucking ignorant as can be when it comes to PEDs. They think "a drug is a drug" and you cannot get it through their dumb skulls the difference.keep in mind mostnofnthem are longtime skinny drunks and junkies who've never playedna sport so they understand nothing even when it comes to creatine and OTC supps. You gotta explain to thesenself-righteous fucks It's fucken hormones. Like telling a woman she can no longer use birth control. Just had this subject come up, saying I'd "never attain any sorta long term sobriety if i kept using even just testosterone", coming from a guy with not even a year sobriety, who hasn't even completed all 12 steps (not that those steps mean shit to me) and is already "sponsoring" people s*** like that isn't rare)& i have to remind them i had roughly 14 fucken years clean,& roughly 12yrs sober of alcohol (I didn't sit and dwele on it and hardly ever crossed my mind) while being around it nearly daily for a large portion of those 12/14yrs...  AA people tend to "take other people's inventory" while preaching about "not taking other people's inventory". AA isn't the only game in town.

one of the many reasons I left it in the new year after being around it since 91. What I found disturbing as well is this trend of "sponsors" and other know nothings manipulating people to get off ALL thier meds including some stuff like blood pressure heart etc.

I got sucked into it through family and work in my twenties, so everytime a year or 3 would pass I would drink and because of the whole "oh its progressive and you will die mentality" I would go all fucking out and turn things to shit quick because my attitude was "fuck it" I have to go back to this bullshit again in the rooms.

There are dozens of alternatives, challenge is the courts, schools ans places of employment have been brainwashed into thinking this is the only way they can get the monkeys to obey and still perform tricks.

Easy way to tell someone has been sucked into the "program" too much is when they have to base every tiny decision they make in life down to how it affects sobriety.

And taking advice from most of these people is akin to going to some stranger to ask life advice because he has not had a cigarette in 5 years

I rank the whole thing up there just under the Church of scientology

In my case when I was a regular and active in meetings(which is broken up into several stints of being clean for 1-3 1/2 years at a time over 27 years, if I was away from a regular meeting or 2 I would hear from at least 25 out of the 50 phone numbers I have in my phone.

When I started questioning things lightly to now 5 months later, I have heard from exactly 3 people, 2 of whom were just diggng for what was going on so they could run around and gossip about it.

so yeah, my life has been improving in ways it has not since 91 just because of the decision I made to de program and leave that fucking cult
"

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1280 on: May 21, 2018, 02:57:09 PM »
one of the many reasons I left it in the new year after being around it since 91. What I found disturbing as well is this trend of "sponsors" and other know nothings manipulating people to get off ALL thier meds including some stuff like blood pressure heart etc.

I got sucked into it through family and work in my twenties, so everytime a year or 3 would pass I would drink and because of the whole "oh its progressive and you will die mentality" I would go all fucking out and turn things to shit quick because my attitude was "fuck it" I have to go back to this bullshit again in the rooms.

There are dozens of alternatives, challenge is the courts, schools ans places of employment have been brainwashed into thinking this is the only way they can get the monkeys to obey and still perform tricks.

Easy way to tell someone has been sucked into the "program" too much is when they have to base every tiny decision they make in life down to how it affects sobriety.

And taking advice from most of these people is akin to going to some stranger to ask life advice because he has not had a cigarette in 5 years

I rank the whole thing up there just under the Church of scientology

In my case when I was a regular and active in meetings(which is broken up into several stints of being clean for 1-3 1/2 years at a time over 27 years, if I was away from a regular meeting or 2 I would hear from at least 25 out of the 50 phone numbers I have in my phone.

When I started questioning things lightly to now 5 months later, I have heard from exactly 3 people, 2 of whom were just diggng for what was going on so they could run around and gossip about it.

so yeah, my life has been improving in ways it has not since 91 just because of the decision I made to de program and leave that fucking cult

Well to touch on this, don't they "allow" certain types in AA, to smoke cigarettes, knowing that it's an outlet for their impulse (that might otherwise lead to drug use) ?

I would suppose juice is the same thing. Probably not the healthiest thing to use (and abuse) , just like cigarettes. But if you have a 1-track mind and can focus only on that outlet, and not have it be a gateway to other things, than why not?!

I've never been an addict before, and I know the temptations of recreational drugs, but I almost feel like the times I was ever on gear, that I wanted to make the most of it so I'd be eating a LOT healthier during that time. Doing consistent cardio. Not drinking / smoking or taking wtv pills.

I think like you said, a lot of the misconception is that the general idea of "a drug is a drug" applies to this topic, but that's wrong because testosterone is not a drug. 

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1281 on: May 21, 2018, 07:07:29 PM »
[quote author=Colossus_1986 link=topic=465752.msg9042400#msg9042400 date=1526939829

I've never been an addict before, and I know the temptations of recreational drugs, but I almost feel like the times I was ever on gear, that I wanted to make the most of it so I'd be eating a LOT healthier during that time. Doing consistent cardio. Not drinking / smoking or taking wtv pills.

[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head of something I’ve wondered about. I wish I had a know-it-all medical analyst inside my body who could tell me whether the negative aspects of giving my body more testosterone (and other things) than it wants is more than offset (or not offset) by the intensive cardio along with low fat low sodium diet during contest prep (for example, conflicting impact on heart ventricles, plaque, blood pressure, etc?). I hate to convince myself that I am doing myself any favors if I am not, but I generally feel healthy and energized during contest prep.

By the way, AA is flooded with caffeine and nicotine. It is not the mission to quit these two, and it definitely is not the mission to discontinue standard medications (or even PEDs in my view). Alcohol and recreational drugs only as I understand it.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1282 on: May 22, 2018, 10:03:11 AM »
Good q&a

balzac

• Getbig IV

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1284 on: May 30, 2018, 10:28:19 AM »
Old school conditioning.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1285 on: May 30, 2018, 10:38:06 AM »
He should consider switching to the classic physique class

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1286 on: May 30, 2018, 04:51:49 PM »
He should consider switching to the classic physique class

Definitely has classic lines. He's been a depleted 245-247 so making 230 (if 6ft) would be tough but not impossible.  Not sure where he will be once fully carbed up.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1287 on: May 30, 2018, 07:40:47 PM »
Definitely has classic lines. He's been a depleted 245-247 so making 230 (if 6ft) would be tough but not impossible.  Not sure where he will be once fully carbed up.
That is a lot of muscle to give up.  It did work well for Regan Grimes

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1288 on: May 31, 2018, 09:01:52 PM »
Antoine Vaillant ONTEST PREP CHRONICLES EP 24 : 3 DAYS OUT: DAY IN THE LIFE

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1289 on: May 31, 2018, 09:20:49 PM »
Antoine Vaillant ONTEST PREP CHRONICLES EP 24 : 3 DAYS OUT: DAY IN THE LIFE

Hey Gregzs I've been picking up your slack.  ;)

48hrs out cannonball delts!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bjc4agHhaty/?hl=en&taken-by=antoinev87

io

• Getbig II
« Reply #1290 on: June 01, 2018, 04:06:14 PM »
Rooting for him this weekend!

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1291 on: June 01, 2018, 05:21:13 PM »

He's shown nothing but appreciation for all those who have supported and helped him..class act.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1292 on: June 02, 2018, 10:49:26 AM »

X2!

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1293 on: June 04, 2018, 12:18:35 AM »
X2!

4th place is a great accomplishment and he should be elated except for the fact that he got fucked.  He was the most complete bodybuilder on the stage.
Depending on what you like, he should have been 1st to Akim's 2nd or vice versa.

ikke

• Getbig II
« Reply #1294 on: June 04, 2018, 11:23:06 AM »
1. Akim
2. Antoine
3. WTF with rewarding those quads ???
Toronto used to be credible judging no ?

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1295 on: June 04, 2018, 11:46:44 AM »
1. Akim
2. Antoine
3. WTF with rewarding those quads ???
Toronto used to be credible judging no ?

Cedric got a gift and the rest is more of the same bs.

Shredded for photo shoot.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjmvzPShbIo/?hl=en&taken-by=antoinev87

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #1296 on: June 04, 2018, 11:48:11 AM »
4th place is a great accomplishment and he should be elated except for the fact that he got fucked.  He was the most complete bodybuilder on the stage.
Depending on what you like, he should have been 1st to Akim's 2nd or vice versa.

Juan & Akim looked great, but Ced's 3rd placing was nothing but a gift :-\
Conditioning wise, Ant smoked all of them.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #1297 on: June 04, 2018, 01:10:19 PM »
If this dude can gain some size and still keep his conditioning crisp, he can do really well

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1298 on: June 04, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »

Akim was about 246/48 and looked his best ever.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1299 on: June 04, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »

Disagree on Juan, but Akim was his best ever.  He really needs to re-evaluate his back situation.  All that heavy lifting while making his lats look pretty good from the front and they are thick, don't look so good from the back.  Needs to back off on the heavy deads and rows and start carving out more detail.  Just my opinion. 

Juan also needs to stop the fucking ego lifting.  Upper body is good from the front and sides but his back sucks as do his thighs.  Hams are pretty good.  Needs to stop squatting and going to hacks and sissy squats.