Author Topic: Antoine Vaillant - Ten years of hard work - got his pro card!  (Read 432818 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Antoine Vaillant - Ten years of hard work - got his pro card!
« Reply #925 on: May 16, 2016, 11:00:26 AM »
;D Hi, friend (yeah, busy).

Can't stick around for more than a few minutes, but perhaps it would be helpful to first provide an account of what we mean by 'morality'? Is it synonymous with such things as ethics and self-interest? BTW, just took a quick look at the Haidt  :-\  (does he define the term?).

Kahn, I am only a little into the book. I'd have to check back. Why the  :-\ :-\ ?

I think morality is equated to well-being (this is how Sam Harrison defines it). In other words, morality is connected to the psychological, physical, emotional, and spiritual fulfillment of being healthy, happy and comfortable (I know well-being can be defined in many different ways).

I guess the best example I can give is that it is morally wrong to engage in child sexual abuse, since we know these actions hinder people from being healthy, happy, and comfortable. Thus, it is moral to protect and nurture children.

I don't know if this is the type of example you're looking for. Youre much more articulate when it comes to this stuff!

Kahn, I found this. This quote appears to define the processes of moral thinking/feeling, but not what morality actually is (what is considered moral).

Jonathan Haidt is a social psychologist who defines moral as: the sudden appearance in consciousness of a moral judgment,including an affective valence (good–bad, like–dislike), without any awareness of having gone through steps of searching, weighing evidence,or inferring a moral conclusion. Moral intuition is therefore the psychological process that the Scottish philosophers talked about, aprocess akin to aesthetic judgment. One sees or hears about an event and one instantly feels approval or disapproval.[9] Haidt argues that many people do not utilize conscious reasoning to make our judgments.
X

Kahn.N.Singh

• Getbig IV
  • Die Weltgeschichte ist das Weltgericht
« Reply #926 on: May 16, 2016, 11:13:25 AM »
Kahn, I am only a little into the book. I'd have to check back. Why the  :-\ :-\ ?

I think morality is equated to well-being (this is how Sam Harrison defines it). In other words, morality is connected to the psychological, physical, emotional, and spiritual fulfillment of being healthy, happy and comfortable (I know well-being can be defined in many different ways).

I guess the best example I can give is that it is morally wrong to engage in child sexual abuse, since we know these actions hinder people from being healthy, happy, and comfortable. Thus, it is moral to protect and nurture children.

I don't know if this is the type of example you're looking for. Youre much more articulate when it comes to this stuff!

Kahn, I found this. This quote appears to define the processes of moral thinking/feeling, but not what morality actually is (what is considered moral).

Jonathan Haidt is a social psychologist who defines moral as: the sudden appearance in consciousness of a moral judgment,including an affective valence (good–bad, like–dislike), without any awareness of having gone through steps of searching, weighing evidence,or inferring a moral conclusion. Moral intuition is therefore the psychological process that the Scottish philosophers talked about, aprocess akin to aesthetic judgment. One sees or hears about an event and one instantly feels approval or disapproval.[9] Haidt argues that many people do not utilize conscious reasoning to make our judgments.

Hey, SF!

I just took a look at some sample pages, and quickly took issue with how he framed the "Rationalist Delusion" (pp. 34, 103) -- e.g., Plato, (Aristotle), and Kant knew that reason was not enough to be moral, but that it needed to be complimented by the "will." Doing the 'good' involves more than just 'knowing' the good. But, again, I just gave Haidt's book a peek.

Be well.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #927 on: May 16, 2016, 11:16:18 AM »
Hey, SF!

I just took a look at some sample pages, and quickly took issue with how he framed the "Rationalist Delusion" (pp. 34, 103) -- e.g., Plato, (Aristotle), and Kant knew that reason was not enough to be moral, but that it needed to be complimented by the "will." Doing the 'good' involves more than just 'knowing' the good. But, again, I just gave Haidt's book a peek.

Be well.

Thanks, Kahn!!

But I guess I should take the topic back on course to moral relativism vs moral absolutism.

I am not too sure where Haidt stands on this issue.
X

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #928 on: May 17, 2016, 03:06:13 AM »
Thanks, Kahn!!

But I guess I should take the topic back on course to moral relativism vs moral absolutism.

I am not too sure where Haidt stands on this issue.

What would Kant say about your fear of beaches and buffet food?  :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #929 on: May 17, 2016, 09:57:29 AM »
What would Kant say about your fear of beaches and buffet food?  :D

X

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #930 on: June 08, 2016, 08:59:06 AM »
Update :

Antoine Messaged me yesterday. He has been in a facility since may 6th, which would explain why it was impossible to reach him.

He says he's doing great, feeling great, and will be back in about 4 more weeks. He says thanks to those who showed concern and support.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #931 on: June 08, 2016, 09:08:51 AM »
Update :

Antoine Messaged me yesterday. He has been in a facility since may 6th, which would explain why it was impossible to reach him.

He says he's doing great, feeling great, and will be back in about 4 more weeks. He says thanks to those who showed concern and support.

that top 2 pics here should be placing or getting looks looks great on full 'steam'last pic he looks'normal for him'but still a cool build to be sporting for beach/fun.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #932 on: June 08, 2016, 09:18:13 AM »
Praying for Antoine. Seems like a legit funny and good guy.

Simple Simon

« Reply #934 on: July 08, 2016, 12:26:32 PM »
whats up with him?

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #935 on: July 08, 2016, 11:22:21 PM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #936 on: July 09, 2016, 04:10:41 AM »
Recs I think.

Good for him, makes more sense than wasting his life eating chicken and lifting weights.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #937 on: July 09, 2016, 11:34:30 AM »
Good for him, makes more sense than wasting his life eating chicken and lifting weights.

At least having a sack of dope will get you ass, massive muscles only gets you heart failure  :o

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #938 on: July 09, 2016, 12:33:32 PM »
well I hope things work out for him and that from personal experience he would be wise to not get too ahead of himself in the first year and just take things slowly one step at a time because addicts by nature tend to have too many expectations or have too many of them placed on them when they are in the part where they can't meet them.

and if he is already in a relation sounds like he is better off to avoid that the first year because too many get involved in relations the first year and become too dependant on the other half, which leads to relapse when they dont get their own way.

other than that, good luck and keep the faith, he's gonna need it
"

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #939 on: July 09, 2016, 01:01:24 PM »
well I hope things work out for him and that from personal experience he would be wise to not get too ahead of himself in the first year and just take things slowly one step at a time because addicts by nature tend to have too many expectations or have too many of them placed on them when they are in the part where they can't meet them.

and if he is already in a relation sounds like he is better off to avoid that the first year because too many get involved in relations the first year and become too dependant on the other half, which leads to relapse when they dont get their own way.

other than that, good luck and keep the faith, he's gonna need it

A good woman could make him more stable by keeping an eye on him, but it seems impossible to him to make it work on the long run.

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #940 on: July 09, 2016, 01:20:43 PM »
A good woman could make him more stable by keeping an eye on him, but it seems impossible to him to make it work on the long run.

I get what you are saying but most advice given to addicts whether through rehab, a doctor, 12 steps, group therapy or all essentially suggest not to get into any new relationships the first year or make any drastic changes to current ones for the main reason you ended with.

its kinda like we have to learn to be comfortable in our own sober skin first before we can comfortably offer ourselves to another as part of a good relation, of which it does not work well if only one person is carrying the whole deal and having to walk on eggshells because they feel like they might set off the person to relapse by stepping on their toes or kicking their ass when needed
"

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #941 on: July 09, 2016, 02:38:05 PM »
I get what you are saying but most advice given to addicts whether through rehab, a doctor, 12 steps, group therapy or all essentially suggest not to get into any new relationships the first year or make any drastic changes to current ones for the main reason you ended with.

its kinda like we have to learn to be comfortable in our own sober skin first before we can comfortably offer ourselves to another as part of a good relation, of which it does not work well if only one person is carrying the whole deal and having to walk on eggshells because they feel like they might set off the person to relapse by stepping on their toes or kicking their ass when needed

Agreed.

1 day at a time, and focusing on one's self right out of the gate is priority. Relationship woes could compromise many things.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #942 on: July 09, 2016, 02:51:13 PM »

Never saw it that way before, since I'm only addicted to Getbig, but this explanation seems to make sense from a therapeutic view.
It sucks to see a young, smart & funny guy struggle like this :-\

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
« Reply #943 on: July 09, 2016, 03:10:20 PM »
Never saw it that way before, since I'm only addicted to Getbig, but this explanation seems to make sense from a therapeutic view.
It sucks to see a young, smart & funny guy struggle like this :-\

when it comes  to addiction that type often suffers the most, trust me I was once all three of those and inside was the worst
"

rocco-x

• Getbig III
  • when all else fails just blame it on the "man"
« Reply #944 on: July 10, 2016, 08:52:08 AM »
I just subscribed to his YouTube channel. He's got some pretty cool vids.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #945 on: July 24, 2016, 03:40:34 PM »
ANTOINE VAILLANT - DJ NOAH - ARMS RELOAAADEDDD!

denarii

• Getbig V
« Reply #946 on: July 24, 2016, 04:29:54 PM »
he won his pro card living in a basement with a tranny schmoe right? maybe he needs to go back there.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #947 on: July 25, 2016, 03:05:05 AM »
Update :

Antoine Massaged me yesterday. He has been in a facility since may 6th, which would explain why it was impossible to reach him.

Fixed.

Colossus_1986

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #948 on: August 04, 2016, 03:02:43 PM »

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #949 on: August 04, 2016, 06:04:16 PM »
I think it's great he is training hard but not so sure he should be putting any drugs in his body.