Author Topic: Blood pressure  (Read 3957 times)

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
Re: Blood pressure
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2013, 08:54:57 AM »
cool info thanks guys

insanity_bb

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »
go to a doc. If you have high readings twice in a row, most docs will give you meds. GET THEM! I got put on HZCT and lisinopril a couple months ago. Best thing I've done for my body yet. BP used to be 150-160/100. Now it is always around 125/75. Which is great considering I'm also eating like shit and on a 1.5g of aas. My doc didnt even ask questions. They dont fuck around with high BP.

but 140 probably isn't high enough to warrant meds.

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2013, 09:56:10 AM »
130/70 on tren, but I do a ton of cardio and dont eat garbage.

cswol's sodium and AAS induced BP must be at least 160/110 just sitting his fat ass on the couch

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2013, 10:34:55 AM »
Question: do you control estrogen while on (a supplement) cycle?

I have slightly high blood pressure, do cardio and eat fairly clean. Tried a herbal stack, the usual recommended products - not much difference.

I don't use an AI and haven't had my estrogen checked, currently running 250mg test with 350mg tren, obviously hard to answer without knowing estrogen levels but do you think you should be using an AI regardless of symptoms?  Guessing water retention can cause blood pressure to elevate, not that I feel like I'm holding any!

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2013, 10:50:20 AM »
I have slightly high blood pressure, do cardio and eat fairly clean. Tried a herbal stack, the usual recommended products - not much difference.

I don't use an AI and haven't had my estrogen checked, currently running 250mg test with 350mg tren, obviously hard to answer without knowing estrogen levels but do you think you should be using an AI regardless of symptoms?  Guessing water retention can cause blood pressure to elevate, not that I feel like I'm holding any!

I'm gonna start a thread on this and see what kind of responses we get. My personal experience is limited, I'm a rookie with gear, very new to it, but I research on my own time a lot, learned a decent amount from grad school, and talk to a handful of other doc buddies of mine, specifically 2 who are endocrinologists, and I tend to side with them.

Based on all my info, it makes sense to control estrogen, NOT crush it, but to keep it in check. Most of the shitty sides from gear come from aromatization. I know guys who have massive High BP issues (from mega bloating), and instead of just using an conservative AI dose, they take these huge doses of diuretics....it's insanity to me.

One of my workout buddies who is a great guy, but complete idiot when it comes to gear and health in general, had me check his BP last week. He's on 300mg test E, and 200mg deca...probably about 15% BF but holding massive water. He was 165/125. I had him order some Prami for the deca (prolactin sides) and some Exemstane as his AI. In 10 days, he's down to 135/100. Nothing else changed. Plus his bacne cleared up, his abs are sharper (less bloat), and he just looks and feels better. The whole thing really confirmed to me how important it is to control your estrogen.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »
go to a doc. If you have high readings twice in a row, most docs will give you meds. GET THEM! I got put on HZCT and lisinopril a couple months ago. Best thing I've done for my body yet. BP used to be 150-160/100. Now it is always around 125/75. Which is great considering I'm also eating like shit and on a 1.5g of aas. My doc didnt even ask questions. They dont fuck around with high BP.

but 140 probably isn't high enough to warrant meds.

I've tried all herbal remedies for BP and nothing helps. Even on only couple 100mg of test I have blood pressure issues - 160/100 roughly. Cardio and dandelion root and watching sodium helps but I have to fix this. I'm gonna have to go on that HCTZ and lisinopril. Any sides?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »
 ;)wonder what these two guys peak  blood pressure was, anyone know?
F

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 12:07:06 PM »
thinking of buying/stealing blood pressure measurement device

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 12:27:26 PM »
 ;)
F

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2013, 12:28:56 PM »
 Ruhl looks fucking horrible

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 12:33:30 PM »
130/70 on tren, but I do a ton of cardio and dont eat garbage.

cswol's sodium and AAS induced BP must be at least 160/110 just sitting his fat ass on the couch

This makes a huge difference.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2013, 01:46:01 PM »
thinking of buying/stealing blood pressure measurement device

Dont risk jail time bro, it's impossible to sneak finasteride into the slammer if you got popped. A sphygmomanometer is pretty cheap. Even the machine ones they have at pharmacies are pretty decent.

insanity_bb

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2013, 02:20:54 PM »
I've tried all herbal remedies for BP and nothing helps. Even on only couple 100mg of test I have blood pressure issues - 160/100 roughly. Cardio and dandelion root and watching sodium helps but I have to fix this. I'm gonna have to go on that HCTZ and lisinopril. Any sides?

No sides really. The main BP meds are insanely tolerable. HZCT is a mild diuretic so the only sides are you piss a little more and potassium is down a bit. But Lisonopril counteracts that.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2013, 05:02:05 PM »
That's really low ~ not dangerously low, but it can cause problems.  Do you get lightheaded or dizzy getting up from a lower position?
Not often. My sister also has very low blood pressure (lower than mine) and she does. I think having some muscle makes a lot of difference.

Also I've found that I never get woozy when my blood pressure is low. If it happens, it is only when it is actively dropping. So I'm most likely to black out during recovery following a workout. Don't know why, but that seems to be the norm.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2013, 03:35:02 AM »
have you tested it after training

yes once i got it checked after training and it was higher, but not much higher. when i was 300lbs back in 2008 n was training super heavy n using about 500-750 mgs of sust a week my readings where high, i just lost weight n that brought it back to normal, bodyweight makes a huge difference i think. also i cut back on the test alittle when i lost the weight but not sure if that made any difference, ive been on test before when i was lighter n my BP stayed cool
R

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2013, 09:00:15 AM »
Dont risk jail time bro, it's impossible to sneak finasteride into the slammer if you got popped. A sphygmomanometer is pretty cheap. Even the machine ones they have at pharmacies are pretty decent.
for the love of god

you're right