Author Topic: supps don't work.....FOOD  (Read 2761 times)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
supps don't work.....FOOD
« on: May 03, 2013, 06:25:29 PM »
That's easy: GNC's Pre-Workout Amino Complex.

Works great, no stimulants, and is cheap (when you get it on clearance and with the Gold Card). The last time I bought it, it costs me only $9 and change.

If you train four times a week like me, this will last at least a month.

McWay shilling junk again

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: supps don't work.....FOOD
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 06:36:30 PM »
McWay shilling junk again

Why is this product "junk?"

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »
Even with creatine, there are limits. The first time you load with it, you'll fall in love, thinking you've found the Holy Grail. I sure did: 7 lb. in one week; 12 lb in two and a half weeks, using Phosphagen HP.

Suffice it to say, I have NOT replicated those results since then. That's why I call creatine the "crack" of sports nutrition supplements.

I bust your balls a lot McWay, but this I definitely agree with...you hit it right on the money....Creatine will draw you in for the first two or three weeks and you will feel like superman.....I got so big on Creatine the first time I used it that people would see me in the street and go "wow"

My brother touched my arm and it was hard as a rock......and he said "wow"....one of my female students rubbed up against me in the hallway accidentally an she felt how hard my arms and chest was and said "wow"....

I really felt strong and felt like I could put my dick thru a wall during sex...then I ran out of creatine.....and later on tried to load again....then....nothing .....no results........I was frustrated to say the least...couldn't understand what was going on...then found out that Creatine only works once.....on first-timers....

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 06:40:25 PM »

Why is this product "junk?"

because supps don't work.....FOOD

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 06:46:50 PM »
because supps don't work.....FOOD

Interesting.

I hope that you'll back your ambiguously vague claim by providing the scientific studies disproving ALL supplements' effectiveness, followed by the scientific studies supporting food's ability to "work," after which you'll specify precisely what "work" means in the context of your over-generalized, over-simplistic post above.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 06:55:40 PM »

Interesting.

I hope that you'll back your ambiguously vague claim by providing the scientific studies disproving ALL supplements' effectiveness, followed by the scientific studies supporting food's ability to "work," after which you'll specify precisely what "work" means in the context of your over-generalized, over-simplistic post above.

its over-simplistic because its factual.......its been borne out over the centuries since the days of the cavemen...the more food you eat, the more weight you gain...simple....the more nutritionally dense foods you eat, followed with some exercise to burn off excess carbs, boost metabolism and build strength and muscle, the bigger and leaner you get.....supplements are fool's gold....and are overpriced.....if supplements actually worked, the government would be all over the asses of the supp companies.....

why do you think Ephedra was banned???....BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY WORKED....and when something actually works, it gets abused....and then deaths follow...the government doesn't regulate supps because they know SUPPS ARE JUNK

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 07:10:43 PM »
its over-simplistic because its factual.......its been borne out over the centuries since the days of the cavemen...the more food you eat, the more weight you gain...simple....the more nutritionally dense foods you eat, followed with some exercise to burn off excess carbs, boost metabolism and build strength and muscle, the bigger and leaner you get.....supplements are fool's gold....and are overpriced.....if supplements actually worked, the government would be all over the asses of the supp companies.....

why do you think Ephedra was banned???....BECAUSE IT ACTUALLY WORKED....and when something actually works, it gets abused....and then deaths follow...the government doesn't regulate supps because they know SUPPS ARE JUNK

So, supplements only work if they can kill you?

How are you even defining work? Not all supplements are designed to help one lose or gain weight. That's why you can't make over-simplistic blanket statements like "supps don't work."

Anyway, like I asked above: PROOF?

Proof that creatine does NOT support ATP production,
Proof that Branched Chain Amino Acids do NOT facilitate protein synthesis at the cellular level,
Proof that melatonin does NOT help regulate circadian rhythmicity,
Proof that orally administered Arginine does NOT increase hGH secretion from the adenohypophysis,
Proof that EFA's do NOT fight inflammation while supporting neural and cardiac health,
Etcetera, etcetera...

I have lots of links from legitimate medical resources saved on two computers that prove the respective efficacy of the "supps" above. By clustering all supplements together, you claim they don't work. I want proof, or your claims are unsubstantiated and you're full of shit.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 07:39:22 PM »

So, supplements only work if they can kill you?

How are you even defining work? Not all supplements are designed to help one lose or gain weight. That's why you can't make over-simplistic blanket statements like "supps don't work."

Anyway, like I asked above: PROOF?

Proof that creatine does NOT support ATP production,
Proof that Branched Chain Amino Acids do NOT facilitate protein synthesis at the cellular level,
Proof that melatonin does NOT help regulate circadian rhythmicity,
Proof that orally administered Arginine does NOT increase hGH secretion from the adenohypophysis,
Proof that EFA's do NOT fight inflammation while supporting neural and cardiac health,
Etcetera, etcetera...

I have lots of links from legitimate medical resources saved on two computers that prove the respective efficacy of the "supps" above. By clustering all supplements together, you claim they don't work. I want proof, or your claims are unsubstantiated and you're full of shit.
u got my ear,,,

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2013, 03:06:10 AM »
u got my ear,,,

S,

Tell me which one(s) you are interested in specifically, and I'll forward you any information I have. Much of the online info is from the PubMed site - if you're feeling ambitious, you can search it. Necrosis and I reference them a lot on here. I have some stuff saved/bookmarked at work, some on my phone, some on my tablet, and some on a laptop; all in some semblance (or not) of order. Some information, too, is from textbooks and class notes I've kept from lectures on the endocrine system, etc. It may take me a little while to find it, but let me know what you're after.

It just irritates me when someone comes on here making generic, generalized, baseless claims that they won't can't back up. We discourage that type of shit here to preserve the integrity of the board. Andre's a good dude, but before slamming the whole supplement world, he needs to do his homework.

Also, I'll be PM'ing you sometime about a board idea (not this one) on here that may interest you.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2013, 03:14:29 AM »
u got my ear,,,

I'm getting ready for work, but here's a link I found near the top of a folder on my tablet regarding Arginine and hGH: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15809017

And, here's a link to the main search site: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/topics/a/
Very good resource!

Also, if growth hormone stimulation is what you're after, let me know. I've got quite a few links to studies on that, and Arginine may be something you want to actually limit at certain times, in favor of more effective choices.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 07:30:23 AM »

I'm getting ready for work, but here's a link I found near the top of a folder on my tablet regarding Arginine and hGH: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15809017

And, here's a link to the main search site: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/topics/a/
Very good resource!

Also, if growth hormone stimulation is what you're after, let me know. I've got quite a few links to studies on that, and Arginine may be something you want to actually limit at certain times, in favor of more effective choices.

Dude..you're selling this guy drreams!....the vast majority of supps don't work.....except in the mind of the user....they are by and large, garbage....and any effects they do have is marginal at best......you would fit in really well in MUSCLETECH's marketing department...they should have you in the ads with the white lab coat on

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 04:44:14 PM »
Dude..you're selling this guy drreams!....the vast majority of supps don't work.....except in the mind of the user....they are by and large, garbage....and any effects they do have is marginal at best......you would fit in really well in MUSCLETECH's marketing department...they should have you in the ads with the white lab coat on

So, you've gone from "supps don't work.....FOOD" to "the vast majority of supps don't work" to "any effects are marginal..." You're all over the place.

Since you referenced the link I posted, I would love to hear your expert analysis dissecting the flaws in the study of Syracuse University's Dept of Exercise Science.

Look:
Either counter my proof with concrete proof of your own, or admit that you have none and troll elsewhere.
So far you have demonstrated zero credibility in this thread by failing to substantiate any of your claims, which aren't even derived from anecdotal data, but from your own, baseless, screwed up belief system.

No offense, but you're really not intelligent/informed enough to form opinions that contradict or criticize science.

Hustle-Tech manipulates data and misrepresents facts using half-truths. You are employing a somewhat similar tactic right now called deflection. So, in the interest of staying the course, if your next post here does not contain in it some kind of science to support the claims in your last several posts, I will split this topic, sending everything after, and including your original post, to the V-board, as it has no place among the constructive discussion of this board.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »
he's not selling nothing i already know,some interestin ghtings regarding training and some pre workout /post workout that could help aid in process not build outragoeus muscle claims,,everyone one time or another have tried a claimed hyped supp,i use very basic stuff protein,multi,some old school creatine on training days,,,i've ben lifting long time 44 yrs old i am not falling for nothing stupid,,,i'm in great shape and maintaining shape i had 20/30's quite well....i understand where ur coming from on one end.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2013, 08:03:51 AM »

So, you've gone from "supps don't work.....FOOD" to "the vast majority of supps don't work" to "any effects are marginal..." You're all over the place.

Since you referenced the link I posted, I would love to hear your expert analysis dissecting the flaws in the study of Syracuse University's Dept of Exercise Science.

Look:
Either counter my proof with concrete proof of your own, or admit that you have none and troll elsewhere.
So far you have demonstrated zero credibility in this thread by failing to substantiate any of your claims, which aren't even derived from anecdotal data, but from your own, baseless, screwed up belief system.

No offense, but you're really not intelligent/informed enough to form opinions that contradict or criticize science.

Hustle-Tech manipulates data and misrepresents facts using half-truths. You are employing a somewhat similar tactic right now called deflection. So, in the interest of staying the course, if your next post here does not contain in it some kind of science to support the claims in your last several posts, I will split this topic, sending everything after, and including your original post, to the V-board, as it has no place among the constructive discussion of this board.

wow...now you're melting down...and being a bully....I have a right to my opinion....and I don't have to give you reams of links to state what we have all known for centuries....that if you eat a lot of good food combined with exercise that you will grow....plain and simple......we don't need a bunch of studies to know this.....we know this to be factual.....why all the threats?...take it easy..its not like you to lose it like this

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 11:07:17 PM »
I bust your balls a lot McWay, but this I definitely agree with...you hit it right on the money....Creatine will draw you in for the first two or three weeks and you will feel like superman.....I got so big on Creatine the first time I used it that people would see me in the street and go "wow"

My brother touched my arm and it was hard as a rock......and he said "wow"....one of my female students rubbed up against me in the hallway accidentally an she felt how hard my arms and chest was and said "wow"....

I really felt strong and felt like I could put my dick thru a wall during sex...then I ran out of creatine.....and later on tried to load again....then....nothing .....no results........I was frustrated to say the least...couldn't understand what was going on...then found out that Creatine only works once.....on first-timers....

haha... what a delusional fucking douchebag you are!  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 11:10:30 PM »
haha... what a delusional fucking douchebag you are!  ;D

dont you ever have anything positive to add to a discussion?...quit trolling

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 12:30:27 PM »
Supps work, I just feel people grow higher quality and longer lasting muscle if the majority of it comes from whole food.

I think you have better retention from whole food because the building process (itself) creates memory. You can put on weight/muscle fast as hell with supps but who wants to be taking something forever?