Author Topic: obtaining insulin for diabetics without medical insurance, what is the best way?  (Read 974 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Greetings esteemed members of Steroids Info & Hardcore,

I have a question regarding medical use of insulin in diabetics. Say you have a relative in an underdeveloped African country who has diabetes.

What is the cheapest way to obtain insulin for that person? Bear in mind the person has no medical insurance

Also general info I request:

Are there different brands or types of insulin? Are they all the same substance chemically?

I figured since bbers abuse insulin in mass quantities they must have a cheaper way of getting it? How do they typically do it?

Much appreciated, this person will surely die prematurely without insulin.

Sincerely Anabolichalo

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
I've only seen pre-loaded pens. Never any vials. These people all had insurance though.

EH

• Getbig III
Greetings esteemed members of Steroids Info & Hardcore,

I have a question regarding medical use of insulin in diabetics. Say you have a relative in an underdeveloped African country who has diabetes.

What is the cheapest way to obtain insulin for that person? Bear in mind the person has no medical insurance

Also general info I request:

Are there different brands or types of insulin? Are they all the same substance chemically?

I figured since bbers abuse insulin in mass quantities they must have a cheaper way of getting it? How do they typically do it?

Much appreciated, this person will surely die prematurely without insulin.

Sincerely Anabolichalo

you can buy Regular Insulin (Humulin R/Novolin R) over the counter w/o a prescription at any US pharmacy (Walmart,CVS, Rite Aide, ect...)... will cost under $30/bottle.

With Regular insulin, she'll probably be doing at least 2 shots/day, probably 3, maybe 4.

Shipping it to Africa would be the problem, it'd have to be shipped QUICKLY and shipped with cold packs. Heat will damage the insulin. It'll take a lot for it to be completely useless/dead, but it will be weaker if exposed to too much heat for too long.

Different insulins metabolize at different rates. R, L, N, U, Lantus, 70/30, ect... If you can get Lantus, she can do a single shot per day.

I preffer R, since I can judge the onset/duration better.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
it will go on a commercial flight with somebody, guess he can put it  in some sort of cooler bag with cold packs