Author Topic: Cswol doing 55 x 225 at the gym - video  (Read 38327 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: cswol wanted me to video him doing 225 x 55
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »
 Well he has been ready. I was on vacation. Arizona. Nevada. Back tonight. I broke my right ankle. I had injured it grappling before I left. It was weak. I pushed it too hard in the Grand Canyon. Not a bad break though. I need to realize I am 43 and not 23. So put the blame on me. Not him.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2013, 07:02:37 PM »
Well he has been ready. I was on vacation. Arizona. Nevada. Back tonight. I broke my right ankle. I had injured it grappling before I left. It was weak. I pushed it too hard in the Grand Canyon. Not a bad break though. I need to realize I am 43 and not 23. So put the blame on me. Not him.
Sorry to hear I broke my left ankle twice playing basketball.

cswol

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2013, 07:27:50 PM »
for the record im not juiced to the gills, i havent been juiced to the gills since 2003, im on the poormans program, lucky to be where im at, i plan to live until im 105

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2013, 07:31:20 PM »
i plan to live until im 105

Are you talking about non-earth years or something?   ???

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2013, 09:37:05 PM »
Odds are that the video will never be posted. 
If something does get posted, I'm sure it'll be comprised mostly of 1/4 or 1/8th reps...  And Cswol will be a laughing stock.  (As if he wasn't already!)

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2013, 10:07:14 PM »
Lol you two clowns should just stop bumping this and hope it drops off the page.

225 x 55 controlled smooth reps is a huge strength feat, would,make him a mid 500s bencher at least

I suspect it will be 1/4 reps bounced off his fat manboobs , lifts it about three niches then drops and bounces it again maybe twenty times with arce yanking up the bar on the last five reps. Then he polishes off a family bucket of KFC and injects a gram of test in the locker room before calling out the twinks on gb

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2013, 10:10:14 PM »
  I just want to film it. He will have another one spot him.

liquid_c

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2013, 10:17:27 PM »
Lol you two clowns should just stop bumping this and hope it drops off the page.

225 x 55 controlled smooth reps is a huge strength feat, would,make him a mid 500s bencher at least

I suspect it will be 1/4 reps bounced off his fat manboobs , lifts it about three niches then drops and bounces it again maybe twenty times with arce yanking up the bar on the last five reps. Then he polishes off a family bucket of KFC and injects a gram of test in the locker room before calling out the twinks on gb

Probably more.  It really depends on the person.  Some people have more endurance than others while others have more 1 rep strength.   I have only managed it 40 times clean full extension touching the chest with no bouncing and butt flat on the bench and my bench is a bit beyond the range you mentioned.  

I don't care if cswol weighs 350lbs.  225 for 55 reps is a hell of a feat if it is done correctly.  Personally I've very skeptical.  

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2013, 10:49:27 PM »
Probably more.  It really depends on the person.  Some people have more endurance than others while others have more 1 rep strength.   I have only managed it 40 times clean full extension touching the chest with no bouncing and butt flat on the bench and my bench is a bit beyond the range you mentioned. 

I don't care if cswol weights 350lbs.  225 for 55 reps is a hell of a feat if it is done correctly.  Personally I've very skeptical. 
ya that is friggin insane, 55 reps  :o  I don't care if they are even half reps, that is still fucken impressive. I don doubt anyone though, can he do it? maybe? he is a big guy.

Now I have done 515 on a flat bench raw and have done 46 reps with 2 plates and not locking out (but still good), would have done 36-38 locking out. I did do 65 reps once with 185 though

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2013, 11:07:10 PM »
  There are NFL guys who are almost 7 and almost 300 and can only do it 15 times

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2013, 11:10:25 PM »
Yeah some ppl are better at higher reps Esp. if they learn how to drop and bounce the reps. personally I never did more than twenty or so even at my biggest, but I go slow and pause each rep on my chest.. Nfl style bounces for five inch reps don't impress me but even then fifty plus is a LOT and more than some weak fat oilbag could do

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #62 on: April 30, 2013, 06:58:54 AM »
CSwol.......you don't need Arce to video tape it.....just get someone else....not a hard thing to do.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #63 on: April 30, 2013, 07:05:38 AM »
I'd be shocked if they're even 3/4 reps, I'd give him tons of credit for even that. No way they are full chest tap / elbow lock.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2013, 07:12:27 AM »
Whats the world record for reps at 225? Isn't C-Swol claiming close to that?  :o

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: April 30, 2013, 07:16:49 AM »
I know a guy who did 52x225 at a charity event a few years back. Touch & go but no bouncing and full reps... he was one of the best benchpressers in Europe at that time and was a heavyweight.

I doubt that cswol can beat that but even if it's half reps still impressive but would rather see him doing 30 full reps instead - which would still be an amazing feat of strength.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2013, 07:22:46 AM »
Whats the world record for reps at 225? Isn't C-Swol claiming close to that?  :o

The NFL combine record is 51 reps according to Wikipedia (Justin Ernest in 1999; never heard of him).  I can't find a video of it.

Here is Stephen Paea doing 49 reps a couple years ago.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2013, 07:24:25 AM »
Guinness World Records issued a challenge: 80 reps at 225 un-equipped.  :o  What the hell is the record then?

Edit: It's for decline bench press. Still.
http://challengers.guinnessworldrecords.com/suggestions/1161

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2013, 07:40:51 AM »
Guinness World Records issued a challenge: 80 reps at 225 un-equipped.  :o  What the hell is the record then?

Edit: It's for decline bench press. Still.
http://challengers.guinnessworldrecords.com/suggestions/1161

Not sure if there even is an official record for 225 for reps. Would have to set some rules first though because there is a huge difference between half reps and bouncing and touch&go full reps.

The guy I mentioned did not train specifically for this challenge, it was actually the first time he had ever tried benching 225 for as many reps as he could (well except for the times when 225 was close to his 1RM / his regular training weight .. but that's gotta be like 20 years ago). I'm sure a guy like this who is just a great benchpresser and a heavyweight could easily get up to 70 or even more reps if he trained with this goal in mind. It makes a big difference if you're usually training in a low rep range or if you're doing high-rep sets. Not only the muscle fibres have to be thick and strong but also the energy/ATP/glycogen storage has to be large enough (sarcoplasmatic hypertrophy) as well as the ability to quickly remove the lactic acid that builds up.. it's kinda like the difference between training for 100m or 400m.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2013, 08:00:24 AM »

Haha Fucking Classic!  ;D

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2013, 08:07:58 AM »
Haha Fucking Classic!  ;D

Love the comments from those permabulkers who look like shit and like a walking heart attack... calling everyone who is lean "twink" just because they lack the willpower to diet down and if they did most would realize they don't have that much actual muscle on them. Was laughing about some of the comments in the men's physique("bikini") thread ... most of the guys in that division are certainly not small or swimmers but actually carry quite a bit of lean muscle and are training just as hard as most other larger bodybuilders but they just use less drugs.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2013, 08:10:06 AM »
Love the comments from those permabulkers who look like shit and like a walking heart attack... calling everyone who is lean "twink" just because they lack the willpower to diet down and if they did most would realize they don't have that much actual muscle on them. Was laughing about some of the comments in the men's physique("bikini") thread ... most of the guys in that division are certainly not small or swimmers but actually carry quite a bit of lean muscle and are training just as hard as most other larger bodybuilders but they just use less drugs.
Dave19 running wild on the retards today!!!

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2013, 08:23:21 AM »
Dave19 running wild on the retards today!!!

;D

I look similar to some of the guys in that physique division and while I might not look like a meathead with clothes on I'm certainly not small by any means. I don't get asked if I "swim alot" or do pilates but people instantly consider me a bodybuilder - which I'm not really comfortable with anymore. When asked I just say I lift weights or do powerlifting because bodybuilding has such a bad image.. and that's well deserved if you take a look at most bodybuilders. Zero athletic ability and all abouts the looks ... nope that's not for me anymore. I prefer being strong and fit with functional power and endurance.. the body will come with it anyway. No need to be that big anyway except if you wanna attract schmoes.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2013, 08:25:00 AM »
;D

I look similar to some of the guys in that physique division and while I might not look like a meathead with clothes on I'm certainly not small by any means. I don't get asked if I "swim alot" or do pilates but people instantly consider me a bodybuilder - which I'm not really comfortable with anymore. When asked I just say I lift weights or do powerlifting because bodybuilding has such a bad image.. and that's well deserved if you take a look at most bodybuilders. Zero athletic ability and all abouts the looks ... nope that's not for me anymore. I prefer being strong and fit with functional power and endurance.. the body will come with it anyway. No need to be that big anyway except if you wanna attract schmoes.
Meltdown.

dave19

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2013, 08:31:53 AM »
Meltdown.

No not really.. I always say to each his own. I used to enjoy bodybuilding myself but just changed my mind... but as long as you're happy with what you do it's all good no matter if you're a delusional 300lbs permabulker or a 150lbs twink ;)