Author Topic: UFC 159 - If people are going to blame me for Kongos loss last night..  (Read 10640 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: UFC 159 - If people are going to blame me for Kongos loss last night..
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »
Silva was injured before that first Chael bout    plus he did not take him seriously   Silva literally clowns with every one      but at least has BJJ      that enabled him to slap on that triangle arm bar at the very end    plus he is NOT a weak person    even though people think he is because he looks like a bean pole     
He is insanely strong for what he looks for sure

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 12:54:38 PM »

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
Re: If people are going to blame me for Kongos loss last night..
« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 01:02:17 PM »
I insist you do. This is what this thread is about.

Just so I understand your elementary thought process:

Did the carb depletion ruin the intimidation factor mentioned in this unsportsmanlike, braggart thread?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=459056.0

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2013, 01:09:06 PM »
Just so I understand your elementary thought process:

Did the carb depletion ruin the intimidation factor mentioned in this unsportsmanlike, braggart thread?

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=459056.0

:-X

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2013, 01:12:29 PM »
:-X

Come on Joe....if you put it out there you gotta sack up and take a day of ribbing.   ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
Come on Joe....if you put it out there you gotta sack up and take a day of ribbing.   ;D
Hows Myrtle Beach?

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2013, 01:16:49 PM »
Geez Coach you letting this place get to you? You are successful in pretty much all aspects of life and you are giving a fuck about getbig ribbing you

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2013, 01:20:16 PM »
Seriously people, If I didn't think I wasn't going to get ribbed, I wouldn't have posted or started a thread...this is getbig. I fully know what to expect ;)

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »
Hows Myrtle Beach?

Never been to Myrtle Beach fuckface. Never been to either of the Carolinas.

But I spend a lot of time in Florida.

And I have a lot of spare time when I'm there.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2013, 01:22:08 PM »
Seriously people, If I didn't think I wasn't going to get ribbed, I wouldn't have posted or started a thread...this is getbig. I fully know what to expect ;)

Maybe you were carb depleted when you posted?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2013, 01:23:18 PM »
Maybe you were carb depleted when you posted?

Nope, just all hopped up on dayquil. Fever, cold and cough.

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2013, 01:24:34 PM »
Nope, just all hopped up on dayquil. Fever, cold and cough.

Prolly the aidz.... ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2013, 01:27:31 PM »
Just read he called Dana White to fight Jon Jones this morning.

Really!?!

If that's true, it will be the biggest super fight seen in the history of the UFC.

You have a link Joe?

"1"

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2013, 01:29:46 PM »
Really!?!

If that's true, it will be the biggest super fight seen in the history of the UFC.

You have a link Joe?

"1"

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/did-anderson-silva-call-dana-white-ask-jon-083651382.html

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2013, 01:30:05 PM »
Really!?!

You have a link Joe?

"1"

dana mentioned in his post fight press conference

that it was either jones or gsp

gsp wont fight him unless he can make 170

so it must be jones at 205
T

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2013, 01:34:07 PM »
Really!?!

You have a link Joe?

"1"

Bullshit!  I'd be really surprised if Silva is willing to fight an opponent closer to his size who isn't a b/c level fighter.   Silva is very comfortable being a very large fish among minnows in the middle weight division.
A

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2013, 01:35:29 PM »
Bullshit!  I'd be really surprised if Silva is willing to fight an opponent closer to his size who isn't a b/c level fighter.   Silva is very comfortable being a very large fish among minnows in the middle weight division.

Did you read the link I posted? Even he lost, it would be biggest payday of both of their lives.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2013, 01:38:20 PM »
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/did-anderson-silva-call-dana-white-ask-jon-083651382.html

Joe, those statements from Dana are too ambiguous in nature. He said Silva called and wants "the fight" tonight, but left it at a cliff hanger regarding who.

dana mentioned in his post fight press conference

that it was either jones or gsp

gsp wont fight him unless he can make 170

so it must be jones at 205

No, it doesn't have to be Jones. Anderson Silva used to fight at 168 pounds while in Pride. He can very easily fight at that lower weight if so desired and he also knows that a victory against GSP would come much easier than a victory against Jones.

That said, as an avid fan of Silva, I would prefer a fight against Jones. First, it would be the biggest fight in MMA history. You would have two undisputed champions finally meeting up to find out who the real king of all MMA is. Second, it would be the biggest pay per view event in UFC history, so Dana is probably ovulating as they speak about the potential.

I have a strong feeling that if this fight happens, it will go down at the end of the year.

Silva will truck right through Weidman and then they will give him a full 5-6 months to get ready for Jones. Likewise, Jones won't be able to start training for that fight for another month and a half or so (for that fracture to heal up). That way, they will both get the same amount of time to train for the match and will bring the UFC the biggest draw in all sports for the end of the year.

That's my take..

"1"

P.S. If both Jones and Silva agree to that fight, I can see them both walking away with millions just for saying yes to it.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2013, 01:39:10 PM »
Did you read the link I posted? Even he lost, it would be biggest payday of both of their lives.

I did read it and I also see your point.  Maybe I am being overly skeptical.  Silva has never really fought an opponent like Jones and has never shown an inclination to accept a challenge as great as this one would be.  Hes been comfortable being dominant in an extremely weak division for a very long time. As a fan, I hope he fights Jones over GSP.  GSP/Silva makes no sense.
A

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2013, 01:40:58 PM »
i didnt realise silva had cut that low before

be difficult at his age

but to be fair i think gsp vs silva is a better fight

i think jones is unbeatable

whereas gsp vs silva can go either way
T

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2013, 01:44:56 PM »
  Silva has never really fought an opponent like Jones

Jones has never fought an opponent like Silva , what's your point  ???

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2013, 01:45:27 PM »
I did read it and I also see your point.  Maybe I am being overly skeptical.  Silva has never really fought an opponent like Jones and has never shown an inclination to accept a challenge as great as this one would be.  Hes been comfortable being dominant in an extremely weak division for a very long time. As a fan, I hope he fights Jones over GSP.  GSP/Silva makes no sense.

You think he is scared to fight someone like Jones?

You've heard of guys like Yushin Okami, Vitor Belfort, Forest Griffin, Dan Henderson, Rich Franklin and Nate Marquardt right?

All of those guys are killers. Those are guys that also go up in weight or have come down in weight to take on Anderson and have all lost to him.

The man is a master in so many arts (has like 4 black belts in different styles and is a professional boxer) and walks around at 230-240 pounds in the off season. While I understand that Jones is a machine, Anderson is a freaking killer.

Before anything else though, what all of these guys (Silva, Jones & GSP) have in common is that they are businessmen first and fighters second.

Just like Jones rejected the first fight against Chael, even though he annihilated him yesterday, it isn't surprising if neither guys want to fight each other from a financial standpoint.

Their reputations bring in way more money then their UFC contracts give out and a loss for any of them translates into a thinner wallet and less long term prospects.

"1"

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2013, 01:46:11 PM »

Hey Coach, I replied in your other thread that you asked me twice to respond in and then PM'd me about.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2013, 01:51:39 PM »
 great post OMR

plus I have seen Silva with the Cuban Boxing Team    and damn    he has really good Western Boxing

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2013, 01:53:14 PM »
Joe, those statements from Dana are too ambiguous in nature. He said Silva called and wants "the fight" tonight, but left it at a cliff hanger regarding who.

No, it doesn't have to be Jones. Anderson Silva used to fight at 168 pounds while in Pride. He can very easily fight at that lower weight if so desired and he also knows that a victory against GSP would come much easier than a victory against Jones.

That said, as an avid fan of Silva, I would prefer a fight against Jones. First, it would be the biggest fight in MMA history. You would have two undisputed champions finally meeting up to find out who the real king of all MMA is. Second, it would be the biggest pay per view event in UFC history, so Dana is probably ovulating as they speak about the potential.

I have a strong feeling that if this fight happens, it will go down at the end of the year.

Silva will truck right through Weidman and then they will give him a full 5-6 months to get ready for Jones. Likewise, Jones won't be able to start training for that fight for another month and a half or so (for that fracture to heal up). That way, they will both get the same amount of time to train for the match and will bring the UFC the biggest draw in all sports for the end of the year.

That's my take..

"1"

P.S. If both Jones and Silva agree to that fight, I can see them both walking away with millions just for saying yes to it.
It is not about what is easier that Anderson is concerned about, it is about what is more rewarding and a fight with GSP is a no win situation and extremely risky. Not risky that he might lose, it is not that cause he more then likely would win but the small margin of possibility that he will lose and if so that would completely destroy his legacy.

And a win would not do much cause people will just say -  Oh GSP is just a smaller opponent and will not see it as a significant feat.

Fighting Jones is risky in terms of losing but if he loses he looses nothing (but his winning streak) and if he wins he becomes truly THE GOAT,... At least that will be public perception.