Author Topic: Systema Russian Martial Art  (Read 1519 times)

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
Systema Russian Martial Art
« on: May 01, 2013, 08:14:03 AM »
I've heard about Systema for like 10 years. Mostly bad (it's like Krav Maga, they claim to be able to beat UFC champs, but don't spar, it's too deadly to practice live speed, etc etc) all the normal claims that cause u to dismiss a style completely.  

However, this past weekend, a good friend I haven't seen for years was telling me for last 10 years he's practicing "authentic Systema, (with the Russian creators) by seminars, and traveling for privates. He swears by it and them, claiming people that are doubters were exposed to "fake" Systema, and not a single person trained with Mikhail, Valdimir, or his son Daniel, ever have any doubts. Mikhail the founder imparticularly is supposed nearly walk on water. Despite being in 60's and very overweight, my friend said he's seen him do thing that defy explanation. For instance, hit guys in body and they collapse 10-20 seconds later and can't get up for half hour; handcuffed behind back and 5 big, veteran cops not only can't get him out the door, he wrecks them with trips, foot sweeps, etc; can disarm 6 plus guys with training knives that leave a mark to indicate a would be cut without being touched, etc.

Now my friend is older guy, with no less than 30 years martial arts. And while he did start with Karate and other less useful arts, he did train alot of boxing, Muay Thai, and BJJ (Royler and Royce Gracie affiliate, achieved the rank of brown belt. He is also a very large man, 6 foot 3, over 250lbs., and mostly muscle. In addition he has a reputation for clearing out bars in brawls, beating up toughest bullies, etc. I have seem him help out bouncing at a "HateBreed" concert and he goes into the mosh pit when guys are jumping someone and wipes guys out easy. I say all this to highlight, he's big, tough, well trained, knowledgeable in multiple martial art styles considered to be most effective, and has real world fight experience.  HE claims the Systema guys are most dangerous in the world (again he stresses the "real" guys mentioned) and Mikhail would easily beat him, in face he said ur better off killing yourself, cause he can torture you with unarmed techniques of he wants to take to next level that would make you beg for death. He says he would bet on Mikhail against almost any UFC fighter (and he's hosted seminars to train with biggest UFC stars at his gym for over 10 years like Frank Shamrock, Tito Ortiz, Liddell, Rampage, Couture, etc) in an unregulated fight with no gloves.

Usually when I hear this kinda shit, I LMAO. It goes back to UFC 1-3 where all the McDojos said if they could bite and groin attack, etc they would kill all these "sport fighters" i.e. Gracie, Shamrock, Frye, etc. which we know is a joke. No one trains McDojo karate in a suburban strip mall, weighing 150 lbs and magically can destroy pro fighters on the street because now the few rules in MMA don't apply. I thought everyone knew better by now, 150 some ufcs have given us that empircal data of what "really" works. But my friend is beyond legit, beyond tough and swears by this. He said no biting or groin shots or tricks, that the core Systema guys would literally fuck up 99% of any pro combat athlete of any style.  Age, conditioning (or lack thereof) would be zero impact, these guys are that good...

Any opinions? I'd like to know if Arce or anyone has trained with or know students of the real Russia Systema system? Any stories, facts, opinions, or discussion appreciated.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Systema Russian Martial Art
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 08:15:56 AM »
Did you cut-and-paste that, or write it? Made my head hurt. 

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 08:17:40 AM »
The text is a weapon in itself.  :D

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 08:18:09 AM »
It's easy to disarm someone when they aren't expecting it.  But if a trained cop knows you are some sort of martial artist, he is able to protect his gun better and makes it real hard to disarm him.

A huge success factor for any martial artist is the element of surprise, but when people expect it your percentage of beating them goes way down.

Submissionfytr

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2013, 08:18:40 AM »
I wrote it. Sorry about that, tried to use paragraphs, lol! I'm in the gym alone, in case new members come by and I'm bored so I figured I would get it all out...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 08:19:30 AM »
The text is a weapon in itself.  :D
I gave myself a standing eight.    ;D

crownshep

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 08:30:14 AM »