Author Topic: Can You Build Muscle With Minimal Rest Between Sets?  (Read 3096 times)

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
Can You Build Muscle With Minimal Rest Between Sets?
« on: April 24, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »
How long do you rest in between sets? I'd like my workouts to be shorter but am unsure if the time in between sets can make a difference.

What is your opinion on this?

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: Can You Build Muscle With Minimal Rest Between Sets?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:05:24 PM »
i think you should rest at least 2 minutes between sets.....if your goal is to build muscle.

legs.....maybe 3 minutes.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 10:06:28 PM »
If bikini slut is a women, then she needs some dick in her life. That's my opinion, and it's the truth.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 10:36:28 PM »
i think you should rest at least 2 minutes between sets.....if your goal is to build muscle.

legs.....maybe 3 minutes.

Thanks.....so what about if you want to lose fat?

That seems like a lot for the legs. I'll usually go two.

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
If bikini slut is a women, then she needs some dick in her life. That's my opinion, and it's the truth.

You offering? If not then answer the original post.

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 11:05:46 PM »
You offering? If not then answer the original post.

Wait, are you saying you'd like my member to be in yours?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 05:22:36 AM »
Id personally if was trying to shorten a workout would alternate sets of different excercises eg if training chest and back instead of resting 2 mins between sets of benches id do a set of benches rest 1 min then do a set of rows back and forth till all sets are complete.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2013, 08:16:11 AM »
Thanks.....so what about if you want to lose fat?

That seems like a lot for the legs. I'll usually go two.
if you are trying to lose fat......focus on your diet.......rest long enough between sets to let your breathing return to normal.....don't rush into the next set. just my 2 cents.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2013, 08:36:39 AM »
Bass Generator bring up a good point. That bench/row thing (SS's) has worked for a lot of men in the past . Overhead presses & chins, dips & lat pulldowns, etc. Saves time and you don't need that many sets. Arnold & Columbo were famous for their fast pace bench/row combos sets. And just about any other body part.

General rule of thumb is between 90 to 120 seconds for a general BB'ing workout. The pace of the workout can be important. Usually purpose is to approach any workout with serious intent. For some, 60 seconds break between sets (usually Pec's, arms, delts & calves), if you can make the adjustment, also has it's place. Between BB'ing exercises, 3 to 4 minutes.

Suggest that you may want to find a workout partner who may share the need for speed and a faster workout approach.Thought you may have one already.  Good Luck.
F

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 10:34:45 AM »
Yes you can.. supersets and pre- exhaust are king in my opinion and condition you.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 07:04:48 AM »
Sounds simplistic because lifting isn't rocket science. If you want to build strength make sure you rest enough between sets to give maximum. If you want to build muscular endurance lifting with minimum rest will build it. It will just limit the amount of weight you can use.

A moderate or light weight can be really heavy if you work out quickly. I remember a good bodybuilder at a gym I worked out in used something like 5 sets of 12. He was like a machine. My friend said to him you use really lightweights. The guy asked him to train back and chest with him the next day. The heavy trainer couldn't keep up and didn't finish the workout.