Author Topic: Study: The Keys to Happiness - Be Thankful, Acts of Kindness, Forgiveness...  (Read 1300 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Sonja Lyubomirsky of the University of California at Riverside has discovered that the road toward a more satisfying and meaningful life involves a recipe repeated in schools, churches and synagogues. Make lists of things for which you're grateful in your life, practice random acts of kindness, forgive your enemies, notice life's small pleasures, take care of your health, practice positive thinking, and invest time and energy into friendships and family.

"Research shows that people who are grateful, optimistic and forgiving have better experiences with their lives, more happiness, fewer strokes, and higher incomes," according to Easterbrook. "If it makes world a better place at same time, this is a real bonus."

http://www.livescience.com/7059-keys-happiness.html

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Couldn't agree more!  

For me these traits developed in me when I surrendered to the Lord's will for my life....the Holy Spirit took over from there!!  I take no credit for the change!

I often pray in the morning and keep my mind wrapped around God's word on a daily basis in some form or fashion and this keeps me centered and aligned with the Lord for the day ahead.  

And I tell you what, worshipping through CCM or gospel music has a tremendous positive impact!!  The Lord is like a spring of peace, happiness and light for me and I try my best to remain connected all day.  

Every evening my family prays and we simply give thanks and praise to God for all his many blessings and then we pray for others and above all pray that his will is being achieved in our lives.  

I'll tell you though, practicing random acts of kindness is a powerful tool to elevate your mood while helping others simultaneously.  Once you wrap your heart and mind around those acts of kindness they'll bring you tremendous joy and you'll begin to seek out opportunities for other acts of random kindness (again that's the Holy Spirit working LOL!).  It's nothing I discuss with others, just something that me and Lord know about and that's all that matters!

Purge_WTF

Good post, MOS.

I can personally attest to that article being true. I give thanks to God everyday for the multiple blessings He's given me, from the ones we take for granted (health, homes, etc.) to the most complex, like His giving us Christ to make atonement for us. I've also been tithing my income for years now, and I recently made six figures in the stock market.