Author Topic: Mitch K. sounds like he is going to let kobe go  (Read 2089 times)

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Mitch K. sounds like he is going to let kobe go
« on: April 30, 2013, 03:46:06 PM »
any one just hear that?

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Re: Mitch K. sounds like he is going to let kobe go
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 04:27:36 PM »
Wouldn't Kobe get 30 million if they kept him but would cost the team close to 85 million under the new rules? I'd let him go too. Scrap the team and rebuild.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 04:46:59 PM »
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=5291796

Everyone discusses this in the context of "no way the FO would disrespect Kobe like that" or "PR nightmare", "every team will line up to sign him" etc etc.

The only way this would happen is if Kobe and the FO got together and found a mutual benefit to Kobe being amnestied:

1. Kobe takes a full year to rehab. It would be understood he would not be coming back next season. No pressure to come back early and rescue what will be a lost season anyway. Come back fully healthy in the beginning of the season, rather than risk complications, setbacks, or injuring something else.

2. The money the Lakers save next year (80 million) not to mention in future seasons (no repeater tax penalty the following years) is money they can put back into the team. Opponents like to say "well, the Lakers aren't under the cap anyway" but it's not that simple. The Busses aren't Mark Cuban. They're not making billions of dollars in other ventures. The Lakers are all they have, and they're about to pay a huge estate tax after Dr. Buss's passing. 80 million is a LOT of money to them, and i think it actually exceeds their profit margin from the gate. No, that doesn't count their new TV money, but again, they're paying an estate tax estimated around ~300 million next year. A Kobe amnesty very well could be the difference between operating at a loss and a profit for the Busses next year.

3. Pau -- this is a big factor. Pau is gone next year either through amnesty or trade if Kobe isn't the one amnestied. If they can keep him next year, they can resign him after going over the cap with Free Agent X (and Y) signing next year. But if they trade him or he gets picked up off waivers, he's gone for good.

Kobe might consider amnesty given the above factors. My money still says it doesn't happen, but the above is the framework for an amnesty discussion. Again, it would only happen if Kobe was amenable to taking a whole year off (no way the Lakers do it if there's a chance Kobe wears another uniform), and did a joint announcement with the Lakers that it's best for him and the team so that they can minimize the PR fallout.

It would not be a Kobe-finds-out-through-the-media or getting a phone call at midnight the night before the announcement sort of thing, and then getting picked up on waivers and getting revenge on the Lakers, as people have predictably, absurdly, and thoughtlessly seen fit to insist in order to strawman this thing to death.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 04:52:17 PM »
send his ass to the washington wizards just like Mike

better yet trade his ass back to the Hornets

What hornets? exactly just retire

even tho he did have an amazing year shooting 20%  and 300 points off the free throw line

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 04:55:37 PM »
He might not even play next season, release his ass. He won't help anyways, he's a has been.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 05:04:32 PM »
He will Pull a Derek Rose on the Lakers

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »
Kobe needs to retire a Laker. Only an idiot would let him go.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 05:12:43 PM »
why did the 49ers let Joe Montana Go?

why did the cowboys let Emmit Smith Go?

why did the Chicago Let Micheal Jordan Go?

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »
  The NBA loves to give him free throws.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 05:13:59 PM »
why did the 49ers let Joe Montana Go?

why did the cowboys let Emmit Smith Go?

why did the Chicago Let Micheal Jordan Go?

Fair point. Although Jordan retired.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 05:14:27 PM »

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 05:16:15 PM »
Hyman Roth: There was this kid I grew up with; he was younger than me. Sorta' looked up to me, you know. We did our first work together, worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition, we ran molasses into Canada... made a fortune, your father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him, and trusted him. Later on, he had an idea to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Moe Greene, and the city he invented, was Las Vegas. This was a great man, a man of vision, and guts. And there isn't even a plaque, or a signpost, or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. NO one knows who gave the order. When I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe, I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead, I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen; I didn't ask who gave the order, because it had nothing to do with business!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 05:18:21 PM »
It is a business to a point. There are certain players who transcend business. I would punch my momma if I found out that Brady was cut/traded. I'm sure 95% of Laker fans feel like I do about Kobe.

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 05:18:36 PM »
Hyman Roth: There was this kid I grew up with; he was younger than me. Sorta' looked up to me, you know. We did our first work together, worked our way out of the street. Things were good, we made the most of it. During Prohibition, we ran molasses into Canada... made a fortune, your father, too. As much as anyone, I loved him, and trusted him. Later on, he had an idea to build a city out of a desert stop-over for GI's on the way to the West Coast. That kid's name was Moe Greene, and the city he invented, was Las Vegas. This was a great man, a man of vision, and guts. And there isn't even a plaque, or a signpost, or a statue of him in that town! Someone put a bullet through his eye. NO one knows who gave the order. When I heard it, I wasn't angry; I knew Moe, I knew he was head-strong, talking loud, saying stupid things. So when he turned up dead, I let it go. And I said to myself, this is the business we've chosen; I didn't ask who gave the order, because it had nothing to do with business!
a mormon was the banker involved in the development of las vegas true story

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 05:22:06 PM »
  Good info   History Channel rocks

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 05:32:40 PM »
everyone in the league knows he s toast, he lost all his value in a split second, he cant provide anything to anyone anymore  with such a career ending injury. His performance will be reduced by like 70%. That's just the way it is. Not going to shed a tear tho, they re so grossly overpaid cattle in the firstplace, but cattle nonetheless. From now on it will only get uglier when whore will leave and he will crash into depression. There s a reason dude was so good/focused at bball; he had absolutely nothing else in his life. Without bball he would have had 20 diff kids from 10 different black and white obese women.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 06:35:27 PM »
everyone in the league knows he s toast, he lost all his value in a split second, he cant provide anything to anyone anymore  with such a career ending injury. His performance will be reduced by like 70%. That's just the way it is. Not going to shed a tear tho, they re so grossly overpaid cattle in the firstplace, but cattle nonetheless. From now on he will only get uglier when whore will leave and he will crash into depression. There s a reason dude was so good/focused at bball; he had absolutely nothing else in his life. Without bball he would have had 20 diff kids from 10 different black and white obese women.

His life after basketball will be a fukced up one for sure...Supposedly one of the biggest douche bags on the planet...I don't think there will be too many business minded people lining up to work with him. He doesn't have the mind and the charisma of an MJ...

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 06:43:12 PM »
not just kobe lol...

howard is probably the most immature headcase in the league in a long time. Since van gundy raped him on tv for everyone to see the kind of duplicit douche he is, it all has been going down for him.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 06:47:49 PM »
not just kobe lol...

howard is probably the most immature headcase in the league in a long time. Since van gundy raped him on tv for everyone to see the kind of duplicit douche he is, it all has been going down for him.

That looked more like a get lost loser kinds has sweep

Then a good try big man pat on the ass

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 08:30:54 PM »
 :D ;D

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 08:41:49 AM »
Will make for some nice drama in the offseason! I like Kobe hope he goes out gracefully!

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 08:47:55 AM »

Owner

Team

Net worth

Paul Allen

Portland

$20 billion

Micky Arison

Miami

$5.3 billion

Rich DeVos

Orlando

$3 billion

William Davidson

Detroit

$2.8 billion

Glen Taylor

Minnesota

$1.8 billion

Melvin Simon

Indiana

$1.6 billion

E. Stanley Kroenke

Denver

$1.4 billion

Mark Cuban

Dallas

$1.3 billion

Herb Simon

Indiana

$1.2 billion

Michael E. Heisley

Memphis

$850 million

Robert Johnson

Charlotte

$750 million

Howard Schultz

Seattle

$700 million

Donald Sterling

L.A. Clippers

$500 million

Cablevision

New York

$494 million

Larry Miller

Utah

$480 million

Dan Gilbert

Cleveland

$478 million

Bruce Ratner

New Jersey

$400 million

Robert Sarver

Phoenix

$400 million

Jerry Buss

L.A. Lakers

$380 million

Wyc Grousbeck

Boston

$360 million

Chris Cohan

Golden State

$325 million

Ed Snider

Philadelphia

$310 million

Steve Belkin

Atlanta

$300 million

Maple Leaf Sports Entertainment
Toronto

$297 million

Jerry Reinsdorf
Chicago

$280 million

Herb Kohl
Milwaukee

$279 million

Abe Pollin
Washington

$180 million

George Shinn
New Orleans

$100 million

Joe Maloof
Sacramento

$100 million

Gavin Maloof
Sacramento

$100 million

Leslie Alexander
Houston

$80 million

Peter Holt
San Antonio

$80 million

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 08:51:03 AM »
Great movie and truth

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 09:01:17 AM »
Let his ass go, he is done aging is a bitch. He could probably play in Europe for awhile.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 09:13:57 AM »
if you really watch kobe play, he is a brick laying mason

The Majority of his points come from ticky tack ref calls that send him to the line