Author Topic: Private Investigative Industry?  (Read 3796 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Private Investigative Industry?
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2013, 10:13:51 AM »
With a degree you'd be going into the FBI or straight to an upper rank in the PD, wouldn't you?  It's not like you're going to be a beat cop.

$30k a year isn't worth crossing the street for, nevermind getting excited about.  Your story is kinda fishy.

I think like 80% of local cops here have a degree.

Red29

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 10:33:02 AM »
Degree's are a dime a dozen. You would start out as a beat cop like everyone else.

Exactly.

Fishy? LOL. Last job I had I made $8 an hour. It sucked. Forgive me for being a little excited at the prospect of nearly doubling my previous income  ::)

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2013, 10:34:39 AM »
Exactly.

Fishy? LOL. Last job I had I made $8 an hour. It sucked. Forgive me for being a little excited at the prospect of nearly doubling my previous income  ::)

$8.00 an hour?   You should have kept that to yourself, champ.

Do you even lift?
K

Red29

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2013, 10:50:20 AM »
$8.00 an hour?   You should have kept that to yourself, champ.

Do you even lift?

No I don't lift. I fucking train.

Don't worry, I know you along with 80% of this website are trolling gimmick fags anyway.

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2013, 10:53:20 AM »
No I don't lift. I fucking train.

Don't worry, I know you along with 80% of this website are trolling gimmick fags anyway.

If you were so smart, you'd make more than $8.00 a hour there, creampuff.

hope this helps
K

Red29

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2013, 10:55:38 AM »
If you were so smart, you'd make more than $8.00 a hour there, creampuff.

hope this helps

Changed my life.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2013, 08:21:58 PM »
With a degree you'd be going into the FBI or straight to an upper rank in the PD, wouldn't you?  It's not like you're going to be a beat cop.

$30k a year isn't worth crossing the street for, nevermind getting excited about.  Your story is kinda fishy.

:D

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2013, 09:41:19 PM »
Degree's are a dime a dozen. You would start out as a beat cop like everyone else.

I'm surprised.  Figured most cops would have joined up after HS.

Surely he'd do better than $30k a year as a cop. 

Exactly.

Seriously, unless you're apprenticing in something, don't waste your day for money like that.  You'd be better off training, schooling, or looking for better pay.  You'd do better than $8 mowing lawns or carrying building rubble.

$15/hr is equally insulting for a college grad.  You'd never afford to live and pay off college, could you?  Why consent to take a job that sees you living in perpetual debt?  Imo you'll find something better if you keep looking.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2013, 10:11:50 PM »

Seriously, unless you're apprenticing in something, don't waste your day for money like that.  You'd be better off training, schooling, or looking for better pay.  You'd do better than $8 mowing lawns or carrying building rubble.

$15/hr is equally insulting for a college grad.  You'd never afford to live and pay off college, could you?  Why consent to take a job that sees you living in perpetual debt?  Imo you'll find something better if you keep looking.

Don't listen to these guys. If you're enthusiastic about this job, go for it. Your passion and your enthusiasm for the job will fuel your efforts to excel, ..and as a result you could see yourself very successful, and achieving more than just the base pay. An enthusiastic attitude, and a job well done can propel you onto promotion after promotion, after promotion.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad about what you do to earn an income.

It may be entry level, ...but that's only just the beginning, ...it doesn't end there.

And as shit as some may consider the position, ...it could always be worse. Good Luck at your interview.

w

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2013, 11:17:26 PM »
If I wanted to make him feel bad I would have hacked on him for aspiring to be an insurance company stooge.  I'm just saying he could make more money doing something else.  $15/hr isn't worth his time.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2013, 11:24:40 PM »
Shouldn't be a chump or a bitch for an insurance company.

Get a license, and do your own work.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2013, 11:26:06 PM »
When you're slapped, you'll take it and like it.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2013, 07:03:15 AM »

My experience is confined to the US but in most places you can't be a cop until you are at least 21 yrs of age. As far as salary goes, that varies widely. A 2 yr officer here makes about $68,000 base pay. You can add bi lingual pay, shift differential, Field Training Officer pay and work overtime here and there to add to that.