Author Topic: Impeachment  (Read 276284 times)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
Re: Impeachment
« Reply #975 on: December 13, 2019, 03:14:56 PM »
I think the only witnesses they should call are LTC "Don't Call Me Mr. Vindman, Eric Ciaramella, and Sondland.  Introduce the transcript.  Have a vote.  I'd like to see Schiff too, but they don't really need him if they call Ciaramella IMO.  

Seems perfectly legitimate to call Biden. He was the pointman for corruption in the Ukraine and then his crackhead son gets a job at a corrupt natural gas company for an absurd salary.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #976 on: December 14, 2019, 10:07:15 AM »
McConnell was just on Hannity and said there was zero chance of the president being removed. As we’ve all been saying it’s just a dog and pony show.

It's an "attempted" smear campaign before the upcoming election.

And, a futile attempt at that.

James

« Reply #977 on: December 14, 2019, 10:24:25 AM »
Bingo! Sen Josh Hawley absolutely NAILS IT Questioning Horowitz! Must watch video!

Well, I missed this exchange during the hearings ...Hawley destroys the DNC and FBI>> a must see!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #978 on: December 14, 2019, 10:33:05 AM »
Bingo! Sen Josh Hawley absolutely NAILS IT Questioning Horowitz! Must watch video!

Well, I missed this exchange during the hearings ...Hawley destroys the DNC and FBI>> a must see!

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

This was outstanding. What continually jumps out at me is how much more articulate and intelligent the Republican senators and Congress people are than the Democrats.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #979 on: December 14, 2019, 01:53:58 PM »
You and many others are barking up the wrong tree. The impeachment is about what Trump did. It is not an inquiry into what the Bidens may or may not have done.

The reason Trump withheld aid was because of corruption. I know Democrats want to act like Biden is sacrosanct but he isn’t. He was the pointman to the Ukraine.

Once it goes to the Senate, no more shifty and no more Nadler. The days of having your cake and eating it too are over.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #980 on: December 14, 2019, 03:05:24 PM »
Here comes the first possible defection.

New Jersey Democrat outspoken against Trump impeachment expected to switch parties, source says

(CNN)A freshman Democrat, who strongly opposes House Democrats' impeachment of President Donald Trump, is expected to switch to the Republican Party and is telling colleagues his intentions, according to a senior Democratic aide.

New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew was one of just two Democrats who in October voted against formalizing the impeachment inquiry, and announced earlier this month that he would vote against all articles of impeachment on the House floor. The full House of Representatives is expected to vote next week on two House Judiciary Committee-approved articles of impeachment, which will set up a trial in the Senate.

The move, while a symbolic boost for Trump, likely won't change the outcome of the House vote that would see Trump as only the third president in American history to be impeached. The expected switch comes as Van Drew struggles in New Jersey politics. Internal polling has shown he was losing major support from Democrats in the district, Democratic sources told CNN on Saturday.

The Washington Post, citing officials, first reported Saturday that Van Drew is expected to join the Republican Party "in the coming days" after meeting with Trump on Friday at the White House. The New York Times reported Saturday that the congressman could make an announcement as soon as next week.

CNN has reached out to Van Drew's office and the Trump administration for comment. Van Drew, his chief of staff and communications director did not respond to the Post's requests for comment Saturday.

According to the Post, Van Drew denied on Tuesday that he was switching parties.

"I'm not changing anything -- just doing my job. I'm still a Democrat, right here," he told the Post in a brief interview.
Van Drew said last week that he plans to vote against all articles of impeachment "unless there's something that I haven't seen, haven't heard before."

After voting against the formal inquiry in October, the New Jersey congressman said in a statement that "without bipartisan support I believe this inquiry will further divide the country tearing it apart at the seams and will ultimately fail in the Senate."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/14/politics/jeff-van-drew-democrat-switch-parties-republican-trump-impeachment/index.html

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #981 on: December 14, 2019, 03:34:58 PM »
If Ukrainian corruption was Trump's motivation, why withhold aid to Ukraine in July 2019 and not when the U.S. signed the $1 billion loan guarantee agreement in June 2016.  Or on December 22, 2017  when the United States agreed to supply Ukraine with more lethal weapons, including Javelin anti-tank missiles.

Instead of going rogue, why did Trump not follow  the usual practices of investigating foreign corruption? CIA's primary mission is to collect, analyze, evaluate, and disseminate foreign intelligence to assist the President and senior US government policymakers in making decisions relating to national security.

So, an ELECTED president is going rogue by not handing over a foreign policy authority to UNELECTED  bureaucrats.

Like everything else, you’ve got it ass backwards.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #982 on: December 14, 2019, 05:11:56 PM »

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #983 on: December 14, 2019, 06:25:30 PM »
Is there some type of certification required, that proves you’re a complete retard, before you can vote Democrat?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #984 on: December 14, 2019, 06:39:22 PM »
Is there some type of certification required, that proves you’re a complete retard, before you can vote Democrat?

MSNBC actually tried to defend Pelosi by saying that she later said she was talking about the Mueller Report. So, it wasn’t really going on for 2.5 years because they were using a different scam other than the Ukraine one to get Trump.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Nancy Pelosi just got duped in an interview to admitting that she has been working on impeaching me for “two and a half years.” In other words, she lied. This was the Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrats plan all along, long before the Ukraine phone call. Impeachment Hoax!

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #985 on: December 14, 2019, 11:06:54 PM »

IMPEACHMENT = IMPLOSION

;D

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #986 on: December 14, 2019, 11:57:59 PM »
Here comes the first possible defection.

New Jersey Democrat outspoken against Trump impeachment expected to switch parties, source says

(CNN)A freshman Democrat, who strongly opposes House Democrats' impeachment of President Donald Trump, is expected to switch to the Republican Party and is telling colleagues his intentions, according to a senior Democratic aide.

New Jersey Rep. Jeff Van Drew was one of just two Democrats who in October voted against formalizing the impeachment inquiry, and announced earlier this month that he would vote against all articles of impeachment on the House floor. The full House of Representatives is expected to vote next week on two House Judiciary Committee-approved articles of impeachment, which will set up a trial in the Senate.

The move, while a symbolic boost for Trump, likely won't change the outcome of the House vote that would see Trump as only the third president in American history to be impeached. The expected switch comes as Van Drew struggles in New Jersey politics. Internal polling has shown he was losing major support from Democrats in the district, Democratic sources told CNN on Saturday.

The Washington Post, citing officials, first reported Saturday that Van Drew is expected to join the Republican Party "in the coming days" after meeting with Trump on Friday at the White House. The New York Times reported Saturday that the congressman could make an announcement as soon as next week.

CNN has reached out to Van Drew's office and the Trump administration for comment. Van Drew, his chief of staff and communications director did not respond to the Post's requests for comment Saturday.

According to the Post, Van Drew denied on Tuesday that he was switching parties.

"I'm not changing anything -- just doing my job. I'm still a Democrat, right here," he told the Post in a brief interview.
Van Drew said last week that he plans to vote against all articles of impeachment "unless there's something that I haven't seen, haven't heard before."

After voting against the formal inquiry in October, the New Jersey congressman said in a statement that "without bipartisan support I believe this inquiry will further divide the country tearing it apart at the seams and will ultimately fail in the Senate."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/14/politics/jeff-van-drew-democrat-switch-parties-republican-trump-impeachment/index.html

CONFIRMED

https://news.yahoo.com/democratic-rep-jeff-van-drew-220448426.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #988 on: December 15, 2019, 12:01:52 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #990 on: December 16, 2019, 05:53:39 AM »
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/12/14/collin-peterson-says-likely-vote-against-impeachment?fbclid=IwAR0OFnc-STatSPJz0meBZfHrht6XfxgRd4z8GkXYk2BSQ0BZlHF8VJYhWMI

Another defection. 

The only way you can vote for impeachment AFTER the inquiry was if you made up your mind beforehand, as it proved zero.

That's the easiest way to call these people out.
Y

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #991 on: December 16, 2019, 08:53:36 AM »
The only way you can vote for impeachment AFTER the inquiry was if you made up your mind beforehand, as it proved zero.

That's the easiest way to call these people out.

There are some liberals calling for not handing the articles over to the Senate as if they didn’t know it was doomed to failure from the start.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #992 on: December 16, 2019, 09:32:33 AM »

There are some liberals calling for not handing the articles over to the Senate as if they didn’t know it was doomed to failure from the start.

There are definitely democrats who are giving pause.

Likely won't be enough to change the outcome.

Those on the fence in red districts know they'll get primaried by the democrats if they vote against, and likely lose if they vote for.
Y

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #993 on: December 16, 2019, 09:49:15 AM »

Those on the fence in red districts know they'll get primaried by the democrats if they vote against, and likely lose if they vote for.

431 current members of the house, so 216 need to vote yes to move things to the Senate. 
If Republicans vote party line, 18 of the 233 Democrats would have to vote no to stop it.  Exciting times!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #994 on: December 16, 2019, 09:50:29 AM »

Talk about a short-sighted approach.  I read that Republicans need a net gain of 19 seats to take back the House.  There are 31 Democrats in Trump districts and something like 8 million or more Republican voters stayed home during the 2018 midterms.  With Trump on the ballot, and this ridiculous partisan impeachment, they are setting themselves up for losing the House.  

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #995 on: December 16, 2019, 10:07:14 AM »
Talk about a short-sighted approach.  I read that Republicans need a net gain of 19 seats to take back the House.  There are 31 Democrats in Trump districts and something like 8 million or more Republican voters stayed home during the 2018 midterms.  With Trump on the ballot, and this ridiculous partisan impeachment, they are setting themselves up for losing the House.  

100% agree.

They pushed themselves into a corner.

I don't want 100% of one party in control - I want strength on both sides.

But the left has gone batshit.
Y

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #996 on: December 16, 2019, 10:37:31 AM »
100% agree.

They pushed themselves into a corner.

I don't want 100% of one party in control - I want strength on both sides.

But the left has gone batshit.

Yeah I typically like divided government, but agree that the left is nuts.  We are going to see continued partisan investigations if Trump wins and the Democrats keep the House. 

Plus there is no way Schiff, Nadler, Pelosi et al. should be running anything given how blatantly dishonest they have been with the public.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #997 on: December 16, 2019, 01:41:40 PM »
I have been too lazy to look this up. So, thanks for the numbers. What's is also exciting and confusing is what happens if the House votes to impeach and it goes to trial in the Senate. It may seem like a slam dunk for Trump to be acquitted but the process in very complicated.

If your interested in reading the Senate rules on impeachment, check out this link: https://www.lawfareblog.com/imagining-senate-trial-reading-senate-rules-impeachment-litigation

The only thing that will make it complicated is that the Senate will be run according to the rules rather than whatever that was in the House. Same conclusion either way.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #998 on: December 16, 2019, 05:34:52 PM »
Crying Chuckie Schumer leading the Democrats in their impeachment farce.

History is going to annihilate Pelosi, Schiff, Schumer, and Nadler.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #999 on: December 16, 2019, 06:55:06 PM »
Report: Democrats Have the Votes to Impeach President Trump
MATTHEW BOYLE  16 Dec 2019
House Democrats now have the votes to impeach President Donald J. Trump on Wednesday, the Wall Street Journal reported late Monday.
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/12/16/report-democrats-have-the-votes-to-impeach-president-trump/