Author Topic: What will murder do to the sport  (Read 19294 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: What will murder do to the sport
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2005, 09:47:41 PM »
Pinnacle's new slogan:  "Our stuff is so good, you'll murder your competition!"
Ron: "I am lazy."

body88

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2005, 09:52:28 PM »
Pinnacle's new slogan:  "Our stuff is so good, you'll murder your competition!"

Muscle Techs defense,

new Cell Tech will make you 1699378% less likley to commit cold blooded murder!!!!!

Bast06

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2005, 09:52:58 PM »
It's good for it.  Any press is good press.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2005, 09:55:22 PM »

I must disagree.  And I usually agree with that@

Not in BBing- not when the ENTIRE industry is based upon supplement sales, and there have been recent actions by politicians to lump together steroids with supplements and ban creatine.

if creatine was banned, watch the Colorado Pro not happen!  Watch the sponsors drop and athletes pull out.

If Craig plays the fool and takes the stand and blames steroids, there will be more legislation to stop kids from taking those "pesky gateway drugs" available at GNC.

body88

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2005, 09:56:35 PM »

I wonder what Arnold will say

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2005, 10:40:43 PM »
240 slow down, the Colorado Show is doing well son. ;D
S. Ray

suckmymuscle

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2005, 12:08:30 AM »
This whole Titus thing is going to draw some serious attention to Bodybuilding and it will smear a huge mark on the already fucked up sport

question is will this cause the whole industry to get douched and cleaned up?

could this terrible event actually be good for the sport after this blows over?

No one cares about bodybuilding, with or without murderers. When Bertil Fox killed his wife and lover, who cared besides people who live in St.Barts? No one. Well, besides Sports Illustrated, who did a front article on how freakish bodybuilders are. Nothing will change.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2005, 12:11:10 AM »
I agree. Nobody gives a shit.  ;D
"Shut the F up and train"

airrick

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Treat others the way you want to be treated.
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2005, 12:13:03 AM »
Like the majority of the nation reading this news, they will bring up steroids and blame it on steroids!!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2005, 05:22:56 AM »
Oh come on, if you has to pick one IFBB pro "most likely to murder someone and be stupid enough to leave the body in his own car"...

LOL

it had to be the afterhours party white niglet host gangsta craiggers

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2005, 06:51:51 AM »
The history of boxing is jam-packed with far more corruption, bad boys and dirty deeds than bodybuilding, and has never really changed. The front-end that you see on Pay TV is almost like a modern mafia front for the sleaziness of the reality.

This will 'hurt' BB near term, but it gets so little mainstream press that the few mostly negative articles that are picked up are mostly ignored by a public that has already made up their mind. Now, a few positive articles might make a reasonable impact, but yet another negative one - "Oh look, honey, some 250-pound ex-convict has murdered someone. Oh, and he was a bodybuilder I've never heard of, too..." - will soon be absorbed and forgotten.

If Arnold was involved, maybe they'd have a story that would stick. As it is, Titus is a nobody even in pro bodybuilding, so nobody outside of it is going to give a fuck.
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2005, 06:56:43 AM »
S. Ray

LOL... I'm sure it is.

Although I think I can name one guy who could use a rugged all-terrain vehicle like a Hummer right about now. I hear the mexican roads aren't all that nice...

I'm just worried about the long-term effects of something like that.  The media LOVES stuff like this- steroids.  Hell, remember ESPN bashing arnold dueing the ASC this year?  This story has all the making of good media/news- sex, 3-way, drugs, attractive people, las vegas, a burned up red jag, killer on the run...

If someone had written this 2 weeks ago, they would have been laughed off the boards for writing anything so farfetched.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2005, 06:59:41 AM »
I agree. Nobody gives a shit.  ;D

Ditto.  In fact, hasn’t this question been answered already?  As I recall, Titus is not the first body builder charged with or convicted of murder.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2005, 06:59:41 AM »
The history of boxing is jam-packed with far more corruption, bad boys and dirty deeds than bodybuilding, and has never really changed. The front-end that you see on Pay TV is almost like a modern mafia front for the sleaziness of the reality.

This will 'hurt' BB near term, but it gets so little mainstream press that the few mostly negative articles that are picked up are mostly ignored by a public that has already made up their mind. Now, a few positive articles might make a reasonable impact, but yet another negative one - "Oh look, honey, some 250-pound ex-convict has murdered someone. Oh, and he was a bodybuilder I've never heard of, too..." - will soon be absorbed and forgotten.

If Arnold was involved, maybe they'd have a story that would stick. As it is, Titus is a nobody even in pro bodybuilding, so nobody outside of it is going to give a f**k.

Yet, manly men beating each other is accepted, whereas men oiling up, putting on a small trunk and posing to music is not. My point, is that bodybuilders, go agains the norm of acceptable behavior for heterosexual males, while fighters conform to that norm. Because of this, "mainstream" sports magazines try to validate their prejudiced viewpoint, of men who are bodybuilders being overral freak of natures, by showing them behaving freakishly. Too bad for us.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2005, 07:00:57 AM »
The Bertil thing was completely off the radar.

This won't make any difference, one case isn't enough to make a difference and no one cares about bodybuilding anyway.

Zugzwang

• Getbig II
  • adirtyjob.blogspot.com
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2005, 07:06:21 AM »
Exactly. Although Patrica Cornwell has just come forward and said she always suspected Titus was Jack The Ripper, too.
adirtyjob.blogspot.com

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2005, 07:48:18 AM »
LOL... I'm sure it is.

Although I think I can name one guy who could use a rugged all-terrain vehicle like a Hummer right about now. I hear the mexican roads aren't all that nice...

I'm just worried about the long-term effects of something like that.  The media LOVES stuff like this- steroids.  Hell, remember ESPN bashing arnold dueing the ASC this year?  This story has all the making of good media/news- sex, 3-way, drugs, attractive people, las vegas, a burned up red jag, killer on the run...

If someone had written this 2 weeks ago, they would have been laughed off the boards for writing anything so farfetched.

Agreed. this is a very media freindly case. this case could be another Buttafuco/Fisher

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2005, 07:54:08 AM »
Agreed. this is a very media freindly case. this case could be another Buttafuco/Fisher

I'm telling you... there will be back-to-back episodes of CSI and America's Most Wanted featuring Craiggers and Kelly.
Ron: "I am lazy."

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2005, 12:57:54 PM »
S. Ray

Let me tell you a story Shawn.  Remember a few years back when their were wrestling wars and Vince Mac was trying to wipe out all competition.  Well a small upstart promoter had a show that was sold out.  It was a small indy, but had a couple of stars that Vince had let go.  The story goes that Vince paid the building's owner to lock the joint up for the night.  When all the people and stars showed up, all they had was an empty building that was locked up tighter than a frogs ass and that's water tight.  The show never went on and the indy had to fold all because of 1 show.  All his $$$ was tied up in promoting, advertising, vendors ect... but in the end because of a chained up building, the whole upstart indy folded.  Never let your guard down.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

MuscleMuppets

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2005, 04:24:54 PM »

It would have required a lot more people to be in the trunk of that car to clean this sport up.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2005, 05:00:10 PM »
Ditto.  In fact, hasn’t this question been answered already?  As I recall, Titus is not the first body builder charged with or convicted of murder.

Get back in your cage, white puppy.......

Don't make me corral you by the collar....... >:(

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2005, 05:16:21 PM »
This whole Titus thing is going to draw some serious attention to Bodybuilding and it will smear a huge mark on the already fucked up sport

question is will this cause the whole industry to get douched and cleaned up?

seriously the IFBB and pros need to volunteer w/ orgs like united way etc like the NFL does......

baking people in your show time rotisserie(jags trunk) will not help the sport...

>:(

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2005, 06:15:09 PM »
Steroids tell people to do some crazy shit sometimes.   In this case they told Craig to melt down a huge metal automobile using kerosine and he beleived the lie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-X

Here's the problem.....Craig was off when it happened.   It was the lack of steroids that was clouding his brain.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2005, 08:07:24 PM »
Pecker in the trunk mayber would have been interesting.  AT least the #1 publication in the world would make it front page news.

Richard2004

• Getbig IV
  • REAL explosive strength!
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2005, 08:38:30 PM »
As an earlier poster alluded to, over the last 60-plus years, at least, "bodybuilding" has had its share of participants who were either murderers, robbers, arsonists, drug users/dealers, gang leaders, hit men, etc., making sensational negative press and besmirching the BB lifestyle.  But, despite this, BB continues to survive as a closet cult/lifestyle!

As before, the mass media will have their "shark-feeding-frenzy" on the alleged Titus' murder...hey, maybe even a TV movie...and then, this sensationalism, too, will pass!

But, unlike previous decades in the history of BB, we NOW have a firm foundation of millions of socially responsible, drug-free, "recreational bodybuilders" (good citizens!) who are weight-training at home and in gyms, world-wide!  These wonderful individuals present, and help establish/perpetuate, an undeniable POSITIVE image of BB to the general pubic and the media...so desperately needed to help counter the periodic sensational negative press of a handful of BB miscreant murderers, drug dealers/users, gang leaders, etc.!  Thank God!!