Author Topic: Why I will never train at a commercial gym again...  (Read 22887 times)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Why I will never train at a commercial gym again...
« Reply #75 on: May 18, 2013, 06:32:21 PM »
By armory, you mean two non-functioning air rifles and a broken crossbow you got for $11.50 at a yard sale.

Yes, because that's how all folks in NH roll...

Seven Copper Coins

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2013, 06:39:57 PM »

If i had a gym like that truth is i would never use it.  Xbox, plasma..I'd be sitting on my ass in 5 minutes. I need the ritual of going to the gym, i enjoy it.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #77 on: May 18, 2013, 06:47:21 PM »
Because I love my home gym.

DB's that go to 120's. Kettlebells, foam and PVC rollers...

Chains, extra plates, rings...

This rack, with safety arms (saved my ass yesterday)...

Specialty bars (safety squat, buffalo bar)...

Trap bar!

Plyo boxes...

This bench

100 lb. bag

Pullups and ring mounts. Dips in the background...

The view from my C2 rower and Airdyne

Chalk!

50 Mbit in, WiFi, 10Tb of NFS storage and a DLNA server that transcodes all content to all devices (TV's, iOS, XBox, Computers). Public Minecraft server.

Sled...

...and 500 feet of driveway with a nice incline to drag it...

and a cement hole in the ground that is my lap pool awaiting its new liner...

Cool setup bro.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 19, 2013, 05:17:44 AM »

I'm also in NH. Nice gym you have there... Posted mine on here a couple of times, but I'll add it again...

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2013, 05:20:28 AM »
I'm also in NH. Nice gym you have there... Posted mine on here a couple of times, but I'll add it again...

Sweet! Maybe we need to do a NH meetup...

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2013, 05:28:31 AM »

nice, I see you even have those fake circus barbells laying around  :D

ukjeff

« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2013, 05:30:30 AM »
Sweet! Maybe we need to do a NH meetup...
ajwhartons true intentions starting to schmoe  ;D

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2013, 05:35:38 AM »
ajwhartons true intentions starting to schmoe  ;D

Outed!

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2013, 06:46:45 AM »
Quote from: el numero uno link=topic=479647.msg 6798373#msg 6798373 date=1368900731
Hot chicks in shorts are still a huge reason to go to a commercial gym. Awesome equipment nevertheless

But hot chicks are a minority. Usually you'll find out of shape fatties with a sickening lack of discipline. All they do is move a lot of air and use a lot of space.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 20, 2013, 04:47:29 AM »
nice, I see you even have those fake circus barbells laying around  :D

Those are real... The very large one was made by Andy Jackson (Jackson Barbell Co.).

http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/blogs/new-blog/2012-12/04-455-andy-jackson-and-jackson-barbell-company

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #85 on: May 20, 2013, 06:07:59 AM »
Because I love my home gym.

DB's that go to 120's. Kettlebells, foam and PVC rollers...

Chains, extra plates, rings...

This rack, with safety arms (saved my ass yesterday)...

Specialty bars (safety squat, buffalo bar)...

Trap bar!

Plyo boxes...

This bench

100 lb. bag

Pullups and ring mounts. Dips in the background...

The view from my C2 rower and Airdyne

Chalk!

50 Mbit in, WiFi, 10Tb of NFS storage and a DLNA server that transcodes all content to all devices (TV's, iOS, XBox, Computers). Public Minecraft server.

Sled...

...and 500 feet of driveway with a nice incline to drag it...

and a cement hole in the ground that is my lap pool awaiting its new liner...

is that a cisco switch?....if yes, what model?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2013, 06:49:54 AM »
is that a cisco switch?....if yes, what model?

2948G. But again, I am not using it as it uses a shitload of power and sounds like an airplane taking off. The NetGear 16 port gigE above it is my current switch.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2013, 07:05:55 AM »
2948G. But again, I am not using it as it uses a shitload of power and sounds like an airplane taking off. The NetGear 16 port gigE above it is my current switch.

LOL.....tell me about it.....these  2900's switches are loud as shit.....I'm not used to Netgear switch too much, But the model you have  here is pretty good.......I have a 32U rack at home with four 3750 switches, all running together. it's quite as a corpse...I'm thinking of getting a Netgear with Gigabit ports to host a couple VMware machines

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2013, 07:07:13 AM »
That is a nice set up, the greatest thing I ever did for my lifting career was open my own gym. I trained at many YMCA's and local Commercial gyms only to be told that we can't do this or we can't do that. About 4 years ago I partnered up with a guy to open a weightlifters only type gym that I managed til Jan of this year. In Jan I ventured out on my own and opened the "Exile Barbell" association here in my home town. Again the greatest thing I ever did. I'm at about 40 members and we keep it rough and rugged, no bitchy soccer moms, no old folks gasping and pointing, and no one telling me what I can and can not do. Cause it's all mine and if you don't like it get the fuck out. All my shit has been bought and paid for with cash money so no loans no credit cards and very very little overhead!!!

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #89 on: May 20, 2013, 07:08:36 AM »
.Pumpster quit the gyms as well, now training at home looks like.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2013, 07:18:45 AM »
That is a nice set up, the greatest thing I ever did for my lifting career was open my own gym. I trained at many YMCA's and local Commercial gyms only to be told that we can't do this or we can't do that. About 4 years ago I partnered up with a guy to open a weightlifters only type gym that I managed til Jan of this year. In Jan I ventured out on my own and opened the "Exile Barbell" association here in my home town. Again the greatest thing I ever did. I'm at about 40 members and we keep it rough and rugged, no bitchy soccer moms, no old folks gasping and pointing, and no one telling me what I can and can not do. Cause it's all mine and if you don't like it get the fuck out. All my shit has been bought and paid for with cash money so no loans no credit cards and very very little overhead!!!

do these members pay you monthly??...I wish someone in my area could do something like that or if I had the opportunity to do it, I'd do the same.....

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2013, 08:10:25 AM »

This is awesome. Talk about "living the dream!" I love the idea of these underground gyms where only the worthy train. Of course, I really don't think that I am worthy for most of these places...

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2013, 08:11:17 AM »

Cool setup bro.
i see jay likes your set up. Particularly your heavy bag.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2013, 08:12:52 AM »
i see jay likes your set up. Particularly your heavy bag.

Amazon Prime hates me because I got that bag delivered already filled. Free two-day. LOL.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2013, 09:41:46 AM »

How does your membership work with powerlifting/weightlifting only?