Author Topic: 2013 New York Pro - Competitor Lists  (Read 19558 times)

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
Re: 2013 New York Pro - Competitor Lists
« Reply #75 on: May 22, 2013, 10:58:11 AM »
i'm prob biased against Fouad. Not a fan of his physique or the personality he shows through his videos. oh well, that's what opinions are all about.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #76 on: May 22, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
i'm prob biased against Fouad. Not a fan of his physique or the personality he shows through his videos. oh well, that's what opinions are all about.
8)  It's all good and I am probably biased towards him too cause Fouad is my friend  :)

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: May 22, 2013, 11:28:10 AM »
8)  It's all good and I am probably biased towards him too cause Fouad is my friend  :)

I think he just comes off as a dick in his vids I've seen. Doesn't mean he really is though. I also think Antoine Vaillant is a weird guy.

Pros I like:
Coleman
Cutler
Greene
Jose Raymond (in interviews he seems cool)
Kim Kold
Chris Cormier

I do think ZKK if he was peeled and tapered his waist would be a force. Ramy seems to be the endgame of what ZKK was hyped to be. Should be a decent enough show. I might run up to Toronto and see the expo there and maybe I'll run into Fouad and meeting him in person might change my perception of him.

APlusPhotoShoots

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2013, 07:15:05 AM »
I could not agree more with the post " the Punisher " said ...... Wayne Demilla knew how to put an awesome show ..... every year I looked forward to going to that show ..... I used to go to almost every one of them .... I saw all of the greats back then ..... Berry Demey . Mike Christian, Lee Haney. Samir Bannout, Ron Love, Lee Labrada, Albert Beckles, Robby Robinson, Gary Strydom, etc. ...... I even went to the ones that were held at the Town hall theater ........ unfortunately those days are gone and so is that atmosphere that the show brought to the big apple ...... one of the best parts of the show was actually waiting outside on the sidewalk to see all your BB idols whether they were competing or just being a spectator ... that show drew a lot of top names in the industry ........ Never knew Wayne back then, but ended up knowing him when he tried starting the PDI organization ........ very nice guy ...... I tip my hat off to Wayne and Charles ..... next to the Olympia and the Arnold ..... the NOC was right up there !!!!!  just my 2 cents

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2013, 07:46:58 AM »
I could not agree more with the post " the Punisher " said ...... Wayne Demilla knew how to put an awesome show ..... every year I looked forward to going to that show ..... I used to go to almost every one of them .... I saw all of the greats back then ..... Berry Demey . Mike Christian, Lee Haney. Samir Bannout, Ron Love, Lee Labrada, Albert Beckles, Robby Robinson, Gary Strydom, etc. ...... I even went to the ones that were held at the Town hall theater ........ unfortunately those days are gone and so is that atmosphere that the show brought to the big apple ...... one of the best parts of the show was actually waiting outside on the sidewalk to see all your BB idols whether they were competing or just being a spectator ... that show drew a lot of top names in the industry ........ Never knew Wayne back then, but ended up knowing him when he tried starting the PDI organization ........ very nice guy ...... I tip my hat off to Wayne and Charles ..... next to the Olympia and the Arnold ..... the NOC was right up there !!!!!  just my 2 cents
This! NOC was my favorite show! Was there in 98, Called Wayne to get tickets talked on the phone for an hour with him! Great guy! the Beacon was my favorite venue for a Bodybuilding show!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2013, 09:28:57 AM »
noc would have 30 40 guys and even 18th through 30 had great builds,,muscle mag would pick each contestant and rundown pro/con on there build in great detail...

the Algebra Wizard

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: May 25, 2013, 09:57:42 AM »
This! NOC was my favorite show! Was there in 98, Called Wayne to get tickets talked on the phone for an hour with him! Great guy! the Beacon was my favorite venue for a Bodybuilding show!

yes , i saw Orville Burke win at the Beacon !!

Grenache

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2013, 03:07:37 PM »
Sami Al Haddad & José Raymond @ Prejudging:

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2013, 03:13:21 PM »
Sami Al Haddad & José Raymond @ Prejudging:

Sami has this show on lock

ukjeff

« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »
by a mile. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2013, 06:08:03 PM »
noc would have 30 40 guys and even 18th through 30 had great builds,,muscle mag would pick each contestant and rundown pro/con on there build in great detail...

Yeah man.   I used to drive down to see that show - saw Cottrell, Phil Hill, Yates, and (I think) Nasser win.  Maybe one more.   Munzer and Pavol Jablonicky always looked fantastic, and I always thought they got robbed.   Yates was unreal.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2013, 06:22:12 PM »
Yeah man.   I used to drive down to see that show - saw Cottrell, Phil Hill, Yates, and (I think) Nasser win.  Maybe one more.   Munzer and Pavol Jablonicky always looked fantastic, and I always thought they got robbed.   Yates was unreal.
good years...

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2013, 06:25:41 PM »
Munzer sad story he went down early in life, but one of the most ripped people and had size as well.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2013, 09:18:15 PM »
Sami has this show on lock
The IFBB must still be pissed at him from competing in that other pro league. Second yr he should have won.

Lobstah

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh crap.
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2013, 12:35:11 AM »
The IFBB must still be pissed at him from competing in that other pro league. Second yr he should have won.
Actually, though Sammi really did look great, I had Aaron Clark winning the show. Just as conditioned as Sammi, but WAY more muscle. Sammi alone wins EVERY show EVERYWHERE. Sammi next to Clark was outsized in the quads, hams, and glutes. I thought Aaron should have gotten first, Sammi second, and Jose third.
Now the real question is WHERE THE FUCK WAS ENGLISH? When did homeboy back out of the show? And WHY (or at least what reason is he GIVING, if any)? Isn't there an IFBB penalty for that?

Rajkapoor

• Getbig III
« Reply #90 on: May 26, 2013, 01:55:52 AM »
Actually, though Sammi really did look great, I had Aaron Clark winning the show. Just as conditioned as Sammi, but WAY more muscle. Sammi alone wins EVERY show EVERYWHERE. Sammi next to Clark was outsized in the quads, hams, and glutes. I thought Aaron should have gotten first, Sammi second, and Jose third.
Now the real question is WHERE THE FUCK WAS ENGLISH? When did homeboy back out of the show? And WHY (or at least what reason is he GIVING, if any)? Isn't there an IFBB penalty for that?
you just a white boy lover.clark is grossly over rated.212lb and looked small compare to sami and jose.where he is gonna go.end of story.you will find out in few more shows.dugdale deserved 3rd.close call between sami and jose could have gone either way.from pics and movie i had jose winning.he was denser dryer and shredded compare to sami.looks like sami put on some new muscle so was not as tight as he was last year.looks great anyway actually this is first time sami impressed me.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: May 26, 2013, 11:40:22 AM »
I am a big fan of Clark, but he should have been 3rd. Look at the pics he is smaller than Sami.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #92 on: May 26, 2013, 03:18:10 PM »
I am a big fan of Clark, but he should have been 3rd. Look at the pics he is smaller than Sami.
agree, I actually thought Clark did not bring his best.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2013, 05:19:21 PM »
agree, I actually thought Clark did not bring his best.
He did. He was the best condition guy at the show. He just needs time to get bigger. Remember he won his pro card at the USA as aHW at  203# and was 212# at this show. He will grow into the open class.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #94 on: May 26, 2013, 05:23:47 PM »
He did. He was the best condition guy at the show. He just needs time to get bigger. Remember he won his pro card at the USA as aHW at  203# and was 212# at this show. He will grow into the open class.
his back looked sharper to me at his USA win

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2013, 06:53:39 PM »
sammi as great as he looks and he does is almost too tall for 212 and too small for open in terms of overall body mass /size.raymond is very short next to him which he is but has compact,dense look and no not pretty but he outmuscles sammi in some poses,sammi has long torso and its apparent in some poses .he would have to be 220/230 at his height to do damage in open,sammi has great build,full bellies ,he's stuck in between.daremm charles was good example 5'9 guy who in open class had to get bigger each yr to get into the smaller shows placing's,sammi could that but who knows.