Author Topic: Step-By-Step Keto Guide  (Read 5238 times)

animal1991

• Getbig III
Step-By-Step Keto Guide
« on: May 20, 2013, 01:08:27 AM »
The following information is basically a summary that is found in Lyle McDonald's Ketogenic Handbook:

First and foremost, for one to lose bodyfat, one must be in a calorie deficit:
-the most simple way to do this is to simply multiply your current bodyweight by 12, this will give you your caloric level that you will need to consume to lose fat ie if you weigh 200lbs, then 200 x 12 = 2400 kCal. This is how much calories you must consume.

The next step is to set your protein intake:
-in the book, Lyle recommends a protein intake of 0,9g/lb bodyweight ie using our 200lb person, he will need to take in around 180g protein per day.

The next step is to limit carb intake:
-carb intake should be less then 30g/day, this equals only to around 120 kCal of carbs coming only from fibrous veg like broccoli, spinach etc.

The next step is to set fat intake:
-this is calculated by subtracting your protein calories and carb calories from your total calorie intake, then divide that number by 9 to get your fat grams
-protein 180 x 4 = 720 kCal
-carbs 30 x 4 = 120 kCal
-fat = (2400 - 720 - 120) ÷ 9 = ±170g

So your macronutrients will be as follows:
Protein = 180g
Fat = 170g
Carbs = <30g

Now that you know your calorie intake and macro nutrient lay out, you must follow the following cycle:
Sunday - Friday Evening: eat the above low carb menu
Friday Evening: start carb load
Saturday: carb load

From Friday evening till Saturday evening the carb load should last between 24-30 hours.
-so if you start carb loading 17:00 Friday, then you should stop carb loading between 17:00 and 23:00 on Saturday.
-during this time you can eat basically what you want, but it is best to keep fat intake lower, protein moderate, and carbs high.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Step-By-Step Keto Guide
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2013, 02:19:21 AM »
in my own personal experience, cutting cals to bodyweight times 10 to 12 and eating about .6-.7 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight works like a charm

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 05:00:17 AM »
I hate that lyle macdonald homo making a name for himself off duchaine's carcass.

No easy way to diet...just cut the cals and keep going period.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 05:48:30 AM »
I hate that lyle macdonald homo making a name for himself off duchaine's carcass.

No easy way to diet...just cut the cals and keep going period.

exactly

these peeps are just fucking c0cksucking leeches who want to make a profit on others insecurities

FUCK THEM!!!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »
exactly

these peeps are just fucking c0cksucking leeches who want to make a profit on others insecurities

FUCK THEM!!!

I cut calories too, it's the easiest most solid way...

You can really easily drop some pounds quick doing keto though, and look really good.  I get the best skin complexion when I'm not eating carbs and feel like I think way clearer.  The longest I've gone is a week at no more than 10g carbs a day.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »

You can really easily drop some pounds quick doing keto though, and look really good.  I get the best skin complexion when I'm not eating carbs and feel like I think way clearer.  The longest I've gone is a week at no more than 10g carbs a day.

Same here too. Sleep is great, 8 hrs and I wake up feeling refreshed and never felt like napping. Lots of benefits, better boners too. Just don't like eating all that meat.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 10:51:15 PM »

Cutting calories definitely works, no way around it. I just find keto easier to stick to, have less cravings, hunger, more energy and strength gain even while dieting.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 10:52:13 PM »
Same here too. Sleep is great, 8 hrs and I wake up feeling refreshed and never felt like napping. Lots of benefits, better boners too. Just don't like eating all that meat.
I would agree, keto definitely has a great impact on sex drive and I believe the diet raises natural test quite a bit

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 12:49:55 AM »

holy shit!

only 10 crab grams a day?

how the fuck do you do that ???

i like my carbs too damn much to give them up, and i'm pretty damn ripped while eating them anyways 8)

sub-5 baby! sub-fucking-5 lol

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2013, 02:53:54 AM »
it basically comes down to whatever method allows you to eat the least calories is the best method

for me i gotta have some carbs and fats help to control my appetite

also it's better for me to eat 4 smaller meals then 2 big meals, as this method helps me to control my appetite better

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2013, 03:30:33 AM »
Also with ketosis my appetite is killed 90% of the time.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2013, 01:32:38 PM »
Also with ketosis my appetite is killed 90% of the time.

Fats provide more and longer-lasting satiety. They also support optimal hormone levels. Our gonadotropic/sex hormones are lipid-soluble cholesterol derivatives.

Just don't tell that to the trolls on here who preach that "a calorie is a calorie," and that it doesn't matter what you eat. The above information is entirely too much for them to wrap their feeble little minds around.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2013, 03:00:47 PM »
i'm one of those "a calorie is a calorie" trolls

so are you this lean ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
Quod erat demonstrandum.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »
so that's a no then

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 04:24:38 PM »

Fats provide more and longer-lasting satiety. They also support optimal hormone levels. Our gonadotropic/sex hormones are lipid-soluble cholesterol derivatives.

Just don't tell that to the trolls on here who preach that "a calorie is a calorie," and that it doesn't matter what you eat. The above information is entirely too much for them to wrap their feeble little minds around.
True you got to have fats in there short chained carbs only work around about 3-4 hours.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 04:31:03 PM »
so that's a no then

You're lean. Good job. Whatever you're doing works well for you.

In so far as the physiological effects of different nutrients, all calories are not equal. They have different effects on the body. No educated person would argue this point.

And, please don't make the over-simplistic assumption that everyone's goal is to be small and shredded.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 04:33:13 PM »
True you got to have fats in there short chained carbs only work around about 3-4 hours.

Shh... Don't let all of the good secrets out. It confuses some.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 04:48:54 PM »

You're lean. Good job. Whatever you're doing works well for you.

In so far as the physiological effects of different nutrients, all calories are not equal. They have different effects on the body. No educated person would argue this point.

And, please don't make the over-simplistic assumption that everyone's goal is to be small and shredded.

small is relative

and remember, not everyone has the same goals and desires physique-wise as it's all based upon opinion, nothing more and nothing less

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 04:56:06 PM »
small is relative

and remember, not everyone has the same goals and desires physique-wise as it's all based upon opinion, nothing more and nothing less

Oh, absolutely. And you look good, friend! "Small" was not meant as a jab at you. I did mean it in relative terms. I'm currently trying to add size, hence a caloric deficit is not ideal for me. But, my current body composition/conditioning does not denote any deficiency in my macronutrient knowledge.

Shredded is your goal, and you have done very well accomplishing that. But, there are profound differences between the effects of different nutrient sources.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 05:22:51 PM »
thanks dude

and yeah sometimes i am a sensitive pussy ;D

i was talking to my girlfriend about an idea that i had to train some peeps, and she made some comments about this and i misconstrued what she said as i thought that she was saying that i don't look so great, so she saw "the hurt" on my face and asked me "what's wrong?" and i told her that i felt like she was saying that my physique sucked ass, but she wasn't saying that at all

brutal sensitivity on my part ;D ;D ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 05:52:34 PM »
thanks dude

and yeah sometimes i am a sensitive pussy ;D

i was talking to my girlfriend about an idea that i had to train some peeps, and she made some comments about this and i misconstrued what she said as i thought that she was saying that i don't look so great, so she saw "the hurt" on my face and asked me "what's wrong?" and i told her that i felt like she was saying that my physique sucked ass, but she wasn't saying that at all

brutal sensitivity on my part ;D ;D ;D

It's good to take pride in how we look, so long as we don't let it consume us. You look good, brother. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. You give me a benchmark for when I seek conditioning.