Author Topic: Question about Jesus, the early years. Serious answers only.  (Read 10143 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: Question about Jesus, the early years. Serious answers only.
« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2013, 10:07:33 AM »
wow, awesome Stella, you're right, they never actually said 3 men. I never thought about that. I think because there was 3 different gifts people (including me  :D) assumed they were 3 men. And to think I have read this over 100 times.  :)

Oh yeah, that's true people could be relating it to the stated gifts as well.  Not sure I'd ever thought about that!
R

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Question about Jesus, the early years. Serious answers only.
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2013, 02:10:05 PM »
If it was known that Jesus was the next messiah the day of his birth, the north star, the three wisemen etc... Why is it his childhood wasn't documented?  Life as a 2, 3, 4, 8 year old, hitting puberty, voice changing, etc....  It seems the story goes from his birth then just jumps 15 years to him working in a blacksmith shop, but what happened in between?  You would think he would have had an entourage his whole life if they knew he was so special from the start.

I'm being serious.  Maybe this was documented but I would like to know more.  When I tried to google it I just got links about baby Jesus.

That's just it. He WASN'T seen as special at the start. His legitimacy was questioned from the get-go. Remember that Joseph thought Mary was creeping on him and was going to divorce her secretly, before the angel of the Lord told him what happened.

Now, imagine you're Joseph. Your future wife, for whom you've paid a huge dowry (either via your parents or by working several years), is knocked up and you ain't touched no parts of that booty. In fact, she hasn't even lived in your house, as it was common for the betrothed to remain in her parents' place for at least a year.

Your friends and family know the situation. Now try to convince them that she was impregnated immaculately.

Plus, they were from Nazareth. Jesus' own disciples once said, "Can anything good come from Nazareth? Replace Nazareth with Compton and you get the drift.

Remember that the Pharisees, priests, and even the common people were waiting for a Jewish superman to liberate them from Roman bondage and make Israel great again, as it was in the days of David and Solomon. Do you think the lion's share of them actually believed that their Messiah would be the (step)son of a carpenter from the rat-hole of a city that was Nazareth?