Author Topic: NOW..we're getting somewhere!  (Read 15803 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: NOW..we're getting somewhere!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2013, 08:44:20 PM »
I just want to help Afro-Americans
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2013, 08:46:28 PM »
Finally, someone made a good comment on FB about this:

This is a waste of taxpayer dollars. Several studies have concluded that the vast majority of those on public assistance or utilizing their unemployment insurance have a much lower rate of positive results on a drug test than those not receiving benefits. Now, the taxpayers are saddled with the costs of running these tests, and the myriad of legal encumbrances that follow. Common sense dictates that this will not be signed. I won't post any links to studies here, as they would likely be attacked as favoring one side of the other, but should you doubt the veracity of these claims, I urge you to seek out the results on whichever bipartisan site that you choose to review the details within. This is designed to benefit the drug testing labs, who will reap millions of profits at the expense of the average, hard-working taxpayer. Don't let them tell you otherwise. The facts are simple to find.

The bold highlight seems to be pretty on point.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2013, 08:48:57 PM »
and a lot more Mexicans

Doesn't matter if it's Texas or any other state, it should be done everywhere.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2013, 08:50:39 PM »
Finally, someone made a good comment on FB about this:

This is a waste of taxpayer dollars. Several studies have concluded that the vast majority of those on public assistance or utilizing their unemployment insurance have a much lower rate of positive results on a drug test than those not receiving benefits. Now, the taxpayers are saddled with the costs of running these tests, and the myriad of legal encumbrances that follow. Common sense dictates that this will not be signed. I won't post any links to studies here, as they would likely be attacked as favoring one side of the other, but should you doubt the veracity of these claims, I urge you to seek out the results on whichever bipartisan site that you choose to review the details within. This is designed to benefit the drug testing labs, who will reap millions of profits at the expense of the average, hard-working taxpayer. Don't let them tell you otherwise. The facts are simple to find.

The bold highlight seems to be pretty on point.

lol

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2013, 09:04:14 PM »
If this goes nationwide, I'm sure you'll see a lot less gimmicks on here, haha!

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Drug-tests-for-unemployment-benefits-approved-208955991.html

Welfare sponges should be next!

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Workers who lose their jobs would have to clear a drug screening to qualify for unemployment compensation under a proposal approved by the Texas Legislature.

Under current law, employers take out insurance policies to help laid-off workers survive on weekly payments of $62 to $440. Those who are fired for cause, including failing an employer-sponsored drug test, do not qualify.

The changes approved Saturday would require laid-off workers to fill out state questionnaires. Answers considered suspicious would lead to drug tests. Workers who fail would lose their benefits.

Republican Sen. Tommy Williams said the program will help maintain a competent workforce.

Democrats have blocked a separate measure that would have required drug testing for welfare recipients. But the bill targeting unemployed workers will now go to the governor.

Sorry but treating people that become unemployed as possible drug users is crossing a bunch of lines and will end up costing the state even more money.

What's even worse Coach is your reference to them being called "lazy".  I worked for Alltel for many years and I was laid off along with over 300 people as the Alltel Center in Greenville, SC was shut down.  Kicking a person while they are down is not the Christian thing to do and treating them as a drug user without any real evidence is Un-American.  A questionaire to determine whether someone is using drugs....what a bunch of bullcrap.  The only thing they are using it for is an excuse to stall for payments or just hold things up. 

But honestly, I can bet that the drug testing companies kicked these politicians some payola and they are just returning the favor
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2013, 09:07:13 PM »
lol

Laugh all you want, but politicians and drug companies, as well as many other companies (gas companies, oil companies, pharmacies) in cahoots.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2013, 09:29:03 PM »

Sorry but treating people that become unemployed as possible drug users is crossing a bunch of lines and will end up costing the state even more money.

What's even worse Coach is your reference to them being called "lazy".  I worked for Alltel for many years and I was laid off along with over 300 people as the Alltel Center in Greenville, SC was shut down.  Kicking a person while they are down is not the Christian thing to do and treating them as a drug user without any real evidence is Un-American.  A questionaire to determine whether someone is using drugs....what a bunch of bullcrap.  The only thing they are using it for is an excuse to stall for payments or just hold things up.  

But honestly, I can bet that the drug testing companies kicked these politicians some payola and they are just returning the favor

It's not kicking a person when they're down Vince, it's holding them accountable. Here's a scenario for you...Lets just say you're an investor in someone else's business. You invest A LOT of money with the expectations of seeing a return. To add a little security to your investment, you want to see a prospectus, see a business plan, financials, etc. Why? Because you are investing money.

If we keep giving endless amounts of money (and the left seems to think the money is endless) to a non-productive society, do we not have the right to protect our investment? Now, obviously not everyone is going to be on drugs and those are the ones that don't have to worry, but you have to weed out the ones who milk the system. Who the fuck wants to explain how someone in an oppressed part of town that rents a shitty house or apartment can buy a $80k Benz? or $5000 wheels or BAGS OF WEED OR METH or other shit like that yet has been on welfare or UE for most of their lives? Fuck Vince, feel free to just hand out your money, not mine.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 09:39:45 PM »
lol you cant stay on ue for your lifetime more like less than a year
TEAM Nasser

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 09:41:45 PM »
lol you cant stay on ue for your lifetime more like less than a year

I believe your buddy Obama extended it to 99 weeks from 72. What a guy.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 09:45:31 PM »
Shouldn't drug test for unemployment, absolutely not!  Maybe for welfare.

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2013, 09:53:46 PM »
Very bad move.  The last thing you want is the Government empowered to drug test anyone.  Not only that, this program has been proven to be a wasteful failure that has done nothing but cost the taxpayers even MORE money as well as giving the Government more power to snoop in people`s private lives.

Why do you want to give the Government MORE power that it Should NEVER have?  ???

they already do have the power, they passed a law in my state allowing them to drug test state employees. of course, politicians are exempt from this new law  ::)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2013, 09:54:28 PM »
Shouldn't drug test for unemployment, absolutely not!  Maybe for welfare.

Really? Even if that person was dismissed for drugs?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2013, 09:56:59 PM »
they already do have the power, they passed a law in my state allowing them to drug test state employees. of course, politicians are exempt from this new law  ::)

I don't agree with that either. Politicians should be tested as well, same with Obamacare, they should not be exempt from it. As a matter of fact, technically they cannot be exempt from it.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2013, 09:58:52 PM »
Coach, how about testing for alcohol and tobacco too?

epic_alien

« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2013, 10:21:30 PM »
Very bad move.  The last thing you want is the Government empowered to drug test anyone.  Not only that, this program has been proven to be a wasteful failure that has done nothing but cost the taxpayers even MORE money as well as giving the Government more power to snoop in people`s private lives.

Why do you want to give the Government MORE power that it Should NEVER have?  ???

drug test is 300 bucks, some get that paid weekly for 2 years. id say it worth the test

if you think the government isnt snooping on you anyway your a fool.

now get back in he kitchen you skinnend cat looking freak

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2013, 10:34:13 PM »
drug test is 300 bucks, some get that paid weekly for 2 years. id say it worth the test

if you think the government isnt snooping on you anyway your a fool.

now get back in he kitchen you skinnend cat looking freak

Its not worth it if studies consistently show that the amount of people on drugs who are on welfare is extremely little compared to the amount of money it cost to test these people. Its a really bad decision and will only cost the tax payers a lot more money.

I thought conservatives were about cutting corners and saving money? This is obviously the total opposite.
X

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2013, 10:40:47 PM »
If this goes nationwide, I'm sure you'll see a lot less gimmicks on here, haha!

http://www.khou.com/news/texas-news/Drug-tests-for-unemployment-benefits-approved-208955991.html

Welfare sponges should be next!

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) -- Workers who lose their jobs would have to clear a drug screening to qualify for unemployment compensation under a proposal approved by the Texas Legislature.

Under current law, employers take out insurance policies to help laid-off workers survive on weekly payments of $62 to $440. Those who are fired for cause, including failing an employer-sponsored drug test, do not qualify.

The changes approved Saturday would require laid-off workers to fill out state questionnaires. Answers considered suspicious would lead to drug tests. Workers who fail would lose their benefits.

Republican Sen. Tommy Williams said the program will help maintain a competent workforce.

Democrats have blocked a separate measure that would have required drug testing for welfare recipients. But the bill targeting unemployed workers will now go to the governor.

So this would work well as long as all politicians and lobbyists agree to random drug tests as well
"

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2013, 12:02:01 AM »
Really? Even if that person was dismissed for drugs?

Correct. Too much power to the government for minimal returns, opens a can of worms. And most dismissed for drugs it's for marijuana. Not too many hardcore addicts holding down FTE.  Also too much power to the companies. And who's to day a getbigger shouldn't be able to do a couple lines of coke every now and then?

deadpan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2013, 04:25:58 AM »
I don't agree with that either. Politicians should be tested as well, same with Obamacare, they should not be exempt from it. As a matter of fact, technically they cannot be exempt from it.

another thing you're failing to realize is drug tests are hardly foolproof. some statistics show like a 20% false positive rate. it will just end up persecuting the wrong people

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2013, 04:49:21 AM »
As a card-carrying libertarian (small "L"), I find myself conflicted. The whole notion of governments using transfer payments to pay folks not to work is a anathema to my being. That said, to TA's point, the answer is probably not giving the government more power to regulate, because it has shown a disturbing propensity as of late to misuse any new regulatory power in creative ways not envisioned when the power was given.

Apart from shutting down the transfer payment bonanza completely, I find myself swayed by the notion of curtailing it in any way, so I am marginally on board with the testing, albeit with many caveats. Long-winded way to return to the middle...

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2013, 10:26:20 AM »
I believe your buddy Obama extended it to 99 weeks from 72. What a guy.

your living in the past doesnt exist anymore.
TEAM Nasser

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2013, 10:51:14 AM »
Coach makes more money than all of us. Why does he care?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2013, 11:03:55 AM »
I wonder how many posters in this thread have dealt with drug addiction?   

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2013, 11:07:45 AM »
WAR ON THE POOR

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2013, 11:08:41 AM »
This is an excellent move. Why the fuck should I have to get drug tested to keep my job, and someone else doesn't to get money without working.
If you prefer the alternative, then choose that, otherwise stop bitching about your situation.  Never understood why working people bitch about people on welfare, if they think it is so great, why don't they go on welfare.
V