Author Topic: Muscle Beach History - by Stuntmovie  (Read 727628 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Muscle Beach History - by Stuntmovie
« Reply #850 on: December 29, 2013, 09:46:24 AM »
NJ, Since family members are actively involved in the making of major motion pictures, I see a lot of them the first week that they come out on the big screen (three to four a week at least) and they expect me to offer some comments on each and every one.

I'm not a great movie 'reviewer' because I only explain how I PERSONALLY FEEL about that particular film, so I'm often in conflict with a lot of others who feel differently about this or that movie.

I rate each movie on a scale of 1 - 10 and  I usually rate a movie high if "I FALL INTO IT".

"Falling into it" is the best way that I can explain my own individual  enjoyment experience.

And "falling into it" just might be how others rate a particular film, but they may be calling it something else.

So for the sake of argument ... here are some of my 'falling into it' experiences while watching what I consider to be exceptional movie making or acting, or whatever you want to call it.

THE WOLD OF WALL STREET ..... I fell into this one entirely. I actually felt that I was part of the story. And I don't think I was the only one in the theater who was laffing his ass off when Decaprio took too many ludes and crawl back to his car.

I also 'fell into' INSTRUCTIONS NOT INCLUDED which is probably my favorite movie of 2013 even though it had a very emotional moment at the ending. I enjoyed this film so much that I gathered up a group and saw it for my second time.

ANd unlike some other GetBiggers on thjis site, I honestly think that Casey Afflick is a great actor and will be reaching the top of the acting profession once he appears in a memorial motion picture. I though he did a hell of a great job in OUT OF THE FURNACE which I would have enjoyed more if I had not seen that similar story so many times before. But, all in all, it was a great movie ... but I only got to the doowway.

OFF TOPIC HERE.... Sorry about that.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #851 on: December 30, 2013, 11:07:31 AM »
i never go by reviews , i prefer to make up my own mind when it comes to watching and enjoying movies. most of the award winning films suck in my opinion, the english patient etc, etc. give me some good old fashion escapism any day of the week.
F

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #852 on: December 30, 2013, 11:43:40 AM »
Nothing personal Bill,but I can`t stand Casey Affleck,but I do think he`s better than his brother Ben.  :(

AVBG

« Reply #853 on: December 30, 2013, 12:06:35 PM »
Nothing personal Bill,but I can`t stand Casey Affleck,but I do think he`s better than his brother Ben.  :(

He was a standout performer as Robert Ford in the Jesse James movie

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #854 on: December 30, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »
WES ... Re Casey Aflick .... Them are fighting words, WES!

In fact I'm so pissed off right now (LOL) that I'll make a long range forecast regarding his Hollywood career.

Casey will be receiving Hollywood accolades not too far down his stardom path.

I was super impressed by hjis "stare down" performance with Woody H. when they first met in the OUT OF THE FURNACE flicker.

And I  totally agree with AVBG regarding his pereformance in that Jessie James movie.

So I ain't gonna invite ya to his Acdemy Award Reception when tht time comes!

( I'm so full of shit right now!)

But I still think he'll be 'breaking out' soon.

WES! Great physical condition. I just saw your photos on another post.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #855 on: December 30, 2013, 01:12:38 PM »
WES, Give this kid a break and hold any judgement until you see one of the following flicks or borth ....

SUPPOETING ROLE in INTERSTELLER …..A group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.  Director: Christopher Nolan

LEADING ROLE IN TRIPLE NINE (2015) …. A group of gang members and a corrupt cop plan the murder of a police officer in order to pull of their biggest heist yet across town.  Director: John Hillcoat

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #856 on: December 30, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »
He was a standout performer as Robert Ford in the Jesse James movie

It was Oscar worthy.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #857 on: December 30, 2013, 02:39:55 PM »
OK,he was good in his role in the Jesses James flick,I`ll give him that.

The first flick I saw him in was a movie called Gerry ( I think,not sure),his pal Matt Damon was in it also.

They walked around in cicles in the desert for 90 minutes.....shitty performances and a shit plot/concept.

That being said,I haven`t see the other flicks you mentioned Stunt,so I`ll reserve judgement until I so so,plus I don`t want you guys gunning for me!  :D

Thanks for the kind words on the physique Stunt.......I`m forever trying to stay at least a half a step in front of that relentless  "Father Time" guy.  ;)

All the best bud,and please continue this thread.....good stuff.....reading it in installments.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #858 on: January 01, 2014, 09:25:56 AM »
Here's some Las Vegas New Year's Eve news ..... Nothing out of the ordinary this year, folks ,,,,, but you never know what this evening's news will bring ....

More than 180 fireworks per second shot from the roofs of seven Strip hotels at the stroke of midnight, continuing for eight minutes.
More than 335,000 visitors were expected in Las Vegas for one of the world’s largest New Year’s Eve gatherings, bringing an estimated nongaming economic impact of $213 million, according to the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. Both figures are on par with last year’s numbers.

Despite the crowds, Las Vegas police said in a press release that the celebration was “one of the most orderly in recent history.” As of 1:30 a.m., police were reporting seven arrests within the Strip corridor. The Downtown Area Command, which covers Fremont Street, reported no arrests.

Las Vegas police made two DUI arrests in connection with the New Year’s Eve celebration.

Fremont Street Experience celebrated the Downtown Countdown on New Year’s Eve with performances from Papa Roach, Blues Traveler, Loverboy, Vince Neil and Adelitas Way.

The main event in town was America’s Party on the Strip, where the showgirls and Jack Sparrow were out early trying to capitalize on the event, which was picketed by a group wielding signs calling to “Stop Abortion. End Sodomy. Halt Islam.”

More than 10,000 circuits were set to ignite the 88,000 pyrotechnics in split-second unison from seven Las Vegas Boulevard resorts — MGM Grand, Aria, Planet Hollywood, Caesars Palace, Treasure Island, The Venetian and the Stratosphere —  making for a choreographed-to-music spectacle.

Fireworks were by the same company on New York’s Long Island, Fireworks by Grucci, planning to break a Guinness World Record for biggest fireworks display on New Year’s Eve.

That record-breaking show was in the United Arab Emirates city of Dubai with 1,250 explosions per second for a total of about 450,000 fireworks.

Maybe WIGGS can elaborate!

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #859 on: January 01, 2014, 02:04:11 PM »
Stunt, you're the man this thread always delivers, Wes, you don't like Casey Affleck, he's a much better actor than Ben!

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #860 on: January 02, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »
Thanks, RR! But we've been getting off track lately. There's only so much history that you can talk about history .... and I think we've said just about all of it under this topic.

I think that the most  interesting part of this topic was the picture of Mr MB sitting on the 'runway' as a very young kid. Of all the millions of people ... there sits Mr MB in real life and we actually 'know him' via this crazy internet board  ... yada, yada, yada.

That photo alone has given one of my writer friends an idea for a screenplay about  a series of such photos of one individual throughout his lifetime  and the stories behind each of them.

I like that idea and have been offering suggestions with the hope of get some minor 'producer's' credit if it ever gets produced.

Or fall off a horse or somehting!

Happy New Year to ya all.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #861 on: January 02, 2014, 01:47:12 PM »
Stunt, you're the man this thread always delivers, Wes, you don't like Casey Affleck, he's a much better actor than Ben!
I`m a better actor than Ben Affleck  Ronnie!!  ;D

O.Z.

• Getbig IV
  • Team Swimmers
« Reply #862 on: January 04, 2014, 04:33:31 AM »
OK,he was good in his role in the Jesses James flick,I`ll give him that.

The first flick I saw him in was a movie called Gerry ( I think,not sure),his pal Matt Damon was in it also.

They walked around in cicles in the desert for 90 minutes.....shitty performances and a shit plot/concept.

That being said,I haven`t see the other flicks you mentioned Stunt,so I`ll reserve judgement until I so so,plus I don`t want you guys gunning for me!  :D

Thanks for the kind words on the physique Stunt.......I`m forever trying to stay at least a half a step in front of that relentless  "Father Time" guy.  ;)

All the best bud,and please continue this thread.....good stuff.....reading it in installments.

If you have a chance watch 'Killer Inside Me' with Casey

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #863 on: January 04, 2014, 05:07:25 AM »
Cool,will do...I`m a movie freak.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #864 on: January 04, 2014, 10:28:10 AM »
OK, WES! And while you're at it ... watch me in PAL JOEY and a couple of others I have forgotten.

And I gotta agree that Casey is a hell of a great actor and just waiting to "break out".

And his older brother now has a great reputation in Hollywood both as an actor and as a producer.

And while we're at it DO NOT waste your money on THE MARKED ONES.

The kids in kit did a good job but the story and the ending is pure crap.

Or maybe ... I just didn't understand it.

Any intelligent explanation would be appreciated.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #865 on: January 04, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »
Casey Affleck can fool you because his playing of any role is subtle but strong.  Gone Baby Gone and Ain't Them Bodies Saints for example. Out Of The Furnace, that pissed off inner fire, another example. Brother Ben, like George Clooney, is talented but (in my view) Casey Affleck is better. I know Brother Ben's wife is not what would be called hot...but, man something about her,,don't know what(?).

Woody Harrelson , best supporting actor for Out Of The Furance, no doubt. Christian Bale, best all around actor today. Jennifer Lawrence, outstanding actress and major babe out there today. She in American Hustle....my, my,my.

Stunt:  This is the time of the year video's of movies considered for the awards are passed out to voting members. You get any yourself? I know a couple of ladies who get these films.
F

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #866 on: January 04, 2014, 05:11:01 PM »
JPN, I didn't get any movies for AA consideration but my nephew has received a couple and we talk about the latest Hollywood offerings weekly but we have not discussed AA considerations just yet as he is in Canada on another production and has little time to talk story even though it's his favorite work related subject and I'm sort of the big mouth when it comes time to being a  Hollywood movie critic.

Here an opinion that may cause a lot of arguments among some GetBiggers ... I HATED "The Hunger Games" and was completely bored but it turned out to be a major hit.

I also disliked Jennifer Lawrence in that movie (mainly because I hated the movie) but I had a complete turn-a-round after seeing her in AMERICAN HUSTLE.

It would be great to see Harrelson get a nomination, but I don't that will be happening this time out.

But that scene in which Casey Afflick confronted him was a classic in my opinion.

You may find this to be of some interest .... we have a family friend who is in his early 20's .... a great athlete with a great Hollywood look and an I-Can_Do-Anything attitude.

I asked some family members to give him some attention for a couple of roles such as Ender in "ENDER'S  GAME" and as FOUR in "Divergent", but on each occasion he was 'forgotten' simply due to the fact that he was not represented by an accredited Hollywood agent.

Then by some quirk of fate, he got a call from a mutual friend and did some minor work in a forthcoming motion picture, but he still has not gotten an agent ... mainly due to the fact that he enjoys recording his music here locally in Las Vegas and actually believes that everything will fall into place without exerting too much effort to make it happen eventually.

Kurt

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #867 on: January 08, 2014, 03:10:37 PM »
If he has the charisma, and can go through life that way, good for him.
He will have much less stress that way. Unfortunately, many like him take advantage of others' generosity in the process.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #868 on: January 08, 2014, 06:15:08 PM »
Thanks, KURT! You sound like the voice of experience ... and you are correct
in both regards....

He has charisma. He's als a great athlete, singer, and piano player.

And he will most likely t ake advantage of others but t he family is wealthy and helps him financial while he's enrolled in college but after that ... who knows.

Good comment by the way.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #869 on: January 08, 2014, 08:05:14 PM »

SUPPOETING ROLE in INTERSTELLER …..A group of explorers make use of a newly discovered wormhole to surpass the limitations on human space travel and conquer the vast distances involved in an interstellar voyage.  Director: Christopher Nolan

LEADING ROLE IN TRIPLE NINE (2015) …. A group of gang members and a corrupt cop plan the murder of a police officer in order to pull of their biggest heist yet across town.  Director: John Hillcoat

Really looking forward to these two, stunt.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #870 on: January 08, 2014, 08:42:53 PM »
OK, WES! And while you're at it ... watch me in PAL JOEY and a couple of others I have forgotten.

And I gotta agree that Casey is a hell of a great actor and just waiting to "break out".

And his older brother now has a great reputation in Hollywood both as an actor and as a producer.

And while we're at it DO NOT waste your money on THE MARKED ONES.

The kids in kit did a good job but the story and the ending is pure crap.

Or maybe ... I just didn't understand it.

Any intelligent explanation would be appreciated.
Bill where are you in Pal Joey.....what scene or scenes if I may assk?

Little know trivia Factoid,but I was Sinatras stand in in Pal Joey..true story!  :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #871 on: January 08, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »
One more question my friend,did you ever meet any of the famous makeup artists the Westmores?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #872 on: January 09, 2014, 09:40:19 AM »
WOW, WES!! You asked two (2) amazing questions!

And my response to both of them may be amazing coincidences!

"Could you be my long lost brother? ... is NOT one of of hem though!

But first I gotta make a pot of coffee, feed the cat, let loose the dog, and brush my teeth.

Stand by to stand by, but I hope to answer up before you yourself do any of the above and read this post.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #873 on: January 09, 2014, 10:40:42 AM »
OK, WES! I'm back to answer your questions, but I gotta answer by offering some stories in an effort to paint a more accurate picture providing I can still recall the actual details.

Back in 1955 or so, they made a movie called PICNIC and that was the first time I saw KIM NOVAK on the screen ,,, and I sort of fell in love. Loved that song for years to follow also ... MOON-GLOW.

Then in 1956 or so Hollywood came to San Francisco to shoot some scenes for PAL JOEY which starred Kim and a fuy named Frank Sinatra.

An attempt was made to keep the shooting locations secret  so that they could shoot without a major distraction, so I decided to drive around the city (7 by 7 miles in each direction) in an attempt to find KIM and introduce myself as one of her biggest fans. ( I hope she's reading this!)

Me and some friends bought or possibly stold some beer and drove all over the city and while I was driving up Grant Ave (the major road through san Francisco's CHinatown) I noticed a large crowd of CHinese individuals lined up neatly on the sidewalk all heading in the same direction but completely  motionless while listening to some guy wearing a baret yeloling at them through a megaphone.

Me, being as smart as I think I am, put two and two together and realized that we were diriving past a  photo shoot which most likely was for the PAL JOEY production.

So I hopped out of the car after asking one of my friends to drive around for an hour or so and then come back and pick me up. (Impossible to find a parking space in Chinatown).

So I 'casually' joined all these Chinese individuals and paid attention to the guy yellng at 'us' in the purple(?) baret.

He was my first 'director' and he directed me/us to just walk up the street just like a crowd of Chinese and one haole individual would normally do .... and then come back if this scene had to be shot again .. and then we could stand in another line to get paid.

SO somewhere up in front someone yelled "ACTION!" and me and the Chinese crowd started walking.

We walked a short distance and then I saw a lot of lights and a very professional looking motion picture camera on a moving dolly (my first official gaze of professional movie making gear).

So I figured that it was time for me to ACT and gave a quick thought to what I would normally do while walking up the street in Chinatown ... so I deciuded to look at my watch to see what time it was.

And that's when someone yelled in a very loud voice "CUT!! CUT!! CUT!! DAMN IT!"

And he continued ... "What the hell are you looking at your wrist for!!? You don't even have a watch!"

So once again we got lined up ... Me and a bunch of CHinese individuals.

And someone up front yelled "ACTION" .. and we started moving!

And once again I was all lit up with that damn professional looking camera on that damn dolly right in front of me ... but actually a little bit off to my right side.

ANd to my surprise .... I guess I didn't read the script ... I hear a loud BANG and some guy who looked like SINATRA cojmes flying out of a doorway and hits my knees knocking me over a bit.

And then another "CUT!" and tht was the end of that and all my Chinese film-mates went to another line to get paid. I joined them thinking I'd at least get paid a bit extra for my 'stunt" work ... only to discover that my name was not on the list of Chinese guys , which caused a lot of "What the hell" What the hell!" type comments from a couple of the Hollywood guys who oversaw us Chines individual guys.

So I didn't get paid that nite but some of the Hollywood guys in the background informed me that I'd most likely be on a motion picture screen getting knocked over by Frank Sinatra simply because Frank was tired and didn't want to shoot that scene again,

In fact he was so tired that I never even got the chance to say that I saw his face! In was out of Chinatown in a flash!

So niow I'm thinking... Maybe it wasn't even FRANK who knocked me over after all.

Maybe it was you, WES!!

And to be perfectly honest, I don't recall ever seeing that movie!

I just hope 'my scene' was never cut.

Next up .... My 'date' with KIIM!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #874 on: January 09, 2014, 11:16:32 AM »
OK, WES! I'm back to answer your questions, but I gotta answer by offering some stories in an effort to paint a more accurate picture providing I can still recall the actual details.

Back in 1955 or so, they made a movie called PICNIC and that was the first time I saw KIM NOVAK on the screen ,,, and I sort of fell in love. Loved that song for years to follow also ... MOON-GLOW.

Then in 1956 or so Hollywood came to San Francisco to shoot some scenes for PAL JOEY which starred Kim and a fuy named Frank Sinatra.

An attempt was made to keep the shooting locations secret  so that they could shoot without a major distraction, so I decided to drive around the city (7 by 7 miles in each direction) in an attempt to find KIM and introduce myself as one of her biggest fans. ( I hope she's reading this!)

Me and some friends bought or possibly stold some beer and drove all over the city and while I was driving up Grant Ave (the major road through san Francisco's CHinatown) I noticed a large crowd of CHinese individuals lined up neatly on the sidewalk all heading in the same direction but completely  motionless while listening to some guy wearing a baret yeloling at them through a megaphone.

Me, being as smart as I think I am, put two and two together and realized that we were diriving past a  photo shoot which most likely was for the PAL JOEY production.

So I hopped out of the car after asking one of my friends to drive around for an hour or so and then come back and pick me up. (Impossible to find a parking space in Chinatown).

So I 'casually' joined all these Chinese individuals and paid attention to the guy yellng at 'us' in the purple(?) baret.

He was my first 'director' and he directed me/us to just walk up the street just like a crowd of Chinese and one haole individual would normally do .... and then come back if this scene had to be shot again .. and then we could stand in another line to get paid.

SO somewhere up in front someone yelled "ACTION!" and me and the Chinese crowd started walking.

We walked a short distance and then I saw a lot of lights and a very professional looking motion picture camera on a moving dolly (my first official gaze of professional movie making gear).

So I figured that it was time for me to ACT and gave a quick thought to what I would normally do while walking up the street in Chinatown ... so I deciuded to look at my watch to see what time it was.

And that's when someone yelled in a very loud voice "CUT!! CUT!! CUT!! DAMN IT!"

And he continued ... "What the hell are you looking at your wrist for!!? You don't even have a watch!"

So once again we got lined up ... Me and a bunch of CHinese individuals.

And someone up front yelled "ACTION" .. and we started moving!

And once again I was all lit up with that damn professional looking camera on that damn dolly right in front of me ... but actually a little bit off to my right side.

ANd to my surprise .... I guess I didn't read the script ... I hear a loud BANG and some guy who looked like SINATRA cojmes flying out of a doorway and hits my knees knocking me over a bit.

And then another "CUT!" and tht was the end of that and all my Chinese film-mates went to another line to get paid. I joined them thinking I'd at least get paid a bit extra for my 'stunt" work ... only to discover that my name was not on the list of Chinese guys , which caused a lot of "What the hell" What the hell!" type comments from a couple of the Hollywood guys who oversaw us Chines individual guys.

So I didn't get paid that nite but some of the Hollywood guys in the background informed me that I'd most likely be on a motion picture screen getting knocked over by Frank Sinatra simply because Frank was tired and didn't want to shoot that scene again,

In fact he was so tired that I never even got the chance to say that I saw his face! In was out of Chinatown in a flash!

So niow I'm thinking... Maybe it wasn't even FRANK who knocked me over after all.

Maybe it was you, WES!!

And to be perfectly honest, I don't recall ever seeing that movie!

I just hope 'my scene' was never cut.

Next up .... My 'date' with KIIM!

NICE ...