Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
October 20, 2014, 04:36:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Photos: 'Born-again' celebrities  (Read 2304 times)
Man of Steel
Getbig V

Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2013, 01:02:10 PM »

supposedly

the jesus was sent to die for the sins of humanity since the death of a mortal would not be enough to cleanse the sins

but isnt that a little bit "convenient?"

how about... they just assassinated the so-called anoited (messiah) and then found out "oh hey it's ok, it was Jehova's plan after all"

where is the evidence of all this

can i just kill someone

and then claim it was all a divine master plan that fell into place?

You could kill someone and then claim that, but your events weren't indicated via prophecy hundreds and hundreds of years prior to the event; further, you wouldn't have done anything to demonstrate that you yourself were divine.  A bit further, it's unlikely there's someone unbiased and unassociated with you that would have attested to the events.

Jesus Christ had divine prophecy, demonstration of his divinity and unbiased, outside party attestation of what he had done; plus, his life caused countless others to suddenly abandon their former lives and surrender themselves to Christ's will almost over night.   Events such as that are far more than convenient.
Report to moderator   Logged

avxo
Getbig V

You've given me multiple traumatic brain injuries!

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2013, 01:13:40 PM »

You could kill someone and then claim that, but your events weren't indicated via prophecy hundreds and hundreds of years prior to the event; further, you wouldn't have done anything to demonstrate that you yourself were divine.  A bit further, it's unlikely there's someone unbiased and unassociated with you that would have attested to the events.

Jesus Christ had divine prophecy, demonstration of his divinity and unbiased, outside party attestation of what he had done; plus, his life caused countless others to suddenly abandon their former lives and surrender themselves to Christ's will almost over night.   Events such as that are far more than convenient.

Please... there was no prophecy and what is interpreted as such is allegory that is then stretched beyond all credibility. And that's just one criticism I can levy against this post.
Archer77
Getbig V

Team Shizzo

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2013, 01:13:46 PM »

Agree, but they will die anyway

Yes.

A
Man of Steel
Getbig V

Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2013, 01:26:42 PM »

Please... there was no prophecy and what is interpreted as such is allegory that is then stretched beyond all credibility. And that's just one criticism I can levy against this post.

By all means, don't hold back.  Maybe you'll present something I haven't heard before.

DroppingPlates
Getbig V

Where are my brave brothers and sisters?

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2013, 03:26:20 PM »

nope. If you find jesus you will have eternal life. Amen Smiley

Dream on, and on judgment day you will dream forever. Amen
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.20 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!