Author Topic: Arnold Schwarzenegger - 1980 only - the lean dry champ  (Read 587112 times)

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: What drugs was Arnold on to be this lean ?
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2014, 05:56:08 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2014, 05:58:55 PM »

So many people JUST DON'T KNOW what these competitors go through. I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's bitter-sweet.

When you are standing on that stage under the lights and you have gone meticulously and consistently through your contest prep THE WAY YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO... it is what is called a "near death experience" ~ yes, you are elated, especially if you are in the top 5 (REGARDLESS OF WHAT SHOW YOU ARE DOING) and you feel like you are dying.

If you end up placing even higher than the Top 5, you get a rush of adrenaline. Now, where that comes from nobody knows. Is it stored somewhere? The drugs have already done their job. Maybe it's the last of a Vic or a Perc that you popped?

It's the one last shred of ANYTHING you have left in you.

I wonder how many here have seen committed bodybuilders during EVERY STEP of their contest prep? I'm talking the 3 cardio sessions a day, where maybe you are watching their kid for them (Female or Male contender) and then the workouts, the borrowing of the gym's refrigerator so that they can eat the measly little bit of Talapia and Broccoli that they might have. At this point, there is no rice, no sweet potato, no Oatmeal, which would be considered a HUGE TREAT at this time.

They look at you, you can see that haven't been sleeping. They are starving. They still push out their cardio sessions. Sometimes the cardio is continued with bloody nose, or only God knows what, and they push. Unstoppable.

Regulars in the gym don't know what to think. They don't understand what they are seeing.

All that work. All that time. They literally LIVE AT THE GYM...

and the rest of us sit back and go "Oh, it's the drugs... I could be just like that if I did the same thing..." LMAO

NO, you couldn't.

[rant][/end rant]

I have 3 competitors right now who are gasping from a National Qualifier. Anyone in California knows exactly which show I'm talking about.

two more smaller shows coming up....

You wanna talk about the reality of a plastic trophy here?

Anyone here know where I'm coming from (even though I'm going off???) lol ~
I POSTED A PIC IN NAVY_MIKES THREAD WHERE I WAS DRY TO BONE AND WAS FEELING IT..

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2014, 06:44:36 PM »
Although he was dehydrated and almost fainted twice during filming of Predator (he even went to see a doctor)

his leanest (lower BF) for a moviel roll was in Red Heat

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2014, 06:46:09 PM »
RED HEAT

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2014, 06:47:27 PM »
RED HEAT

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »
Red Heat

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2014, 06:54:40 PM »
Although he was dehydrated and almost fainted twice during filming of Predator (he even went to see a doctor)

his leanest (lower BF) for a moviel roll was in Red Heat

Was probably because of the tropical heat than his conditioning.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2014, 06:58:08 PM »
Nope, he was 240 pounds for Terminator 1. I have the Flex magazine from December 1984, where he states he bulked up to 240 pounds for the role. For T2 he was 215 pounds.

For Terminator he was 236 lbs....

His heaviest has been Conan the Destroyer, at the beginning of film Arnold was 236 same as T1, at the end I think he was 241 lbs. (he gained 5 lbs of lean mass) and you can really notice it if you have the dvd specially the scene where he is fighting the monster with the infamous horn .

Woooshhhhhhhhhhhh

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2014, 06:58:48 PM »
Was probably because of the tropical heat than his conditioning.

Exactly.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: May 13, 2014, 07:02:58 PM »
Here is Arnold T1 at 236 lbs

And then Conan the Destroyer at 241 lbs

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #160 on: May 13, 2014, 07:41:54 PM »
In 1980, After 5 years break he came back leaner than ever ,  what drugs you think  he was on ? 

Looked great and very athletic.

WoooSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Amphedamines....they were prescribed to bodybuilders just like their steroids back in the 70's
A

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2014, 07:55:33 PM »

So many people JUST DON'T KNOW what these competitors go through. I've said it before, I'll say it again. It's bitter-sweet.

When you are standing on that stage under the lights and you have gone meticulously and consistently through your contest prep THE WAY YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO... it is what is called a "near death experience" ~ yes, you are elated, especially if you are in the top 5 (REGARDLESS OF WHAT SHOW YOU ARE DOING) and you feel like you are dying.

If you end up placing even higher than the Top 5, you get a rush of adrenaline. Now, where that comes from nobody knows. Is it stored somewhere? The drugs have already done their job. Maybe it's the last of a Vic or a Perc that you popped?

I wonder how many here have seen committed bodybuilders during EVERY STEP of their contest prep? I'm talking the 3 cardio sessions a day, where maybe you are watching their kid for them (Female or Male contender) and then the workouts, the borrowing of the gym's refrigerator so that they can eat the measly little bit of Talapia and Broccoli that they might have. At this point, there is no rice, no sweet potato, no Oatmeal, which would be considered a HUGE TREAT at this time.

They look at you, you can see that haven't been sleeping. They are starving. They still push out their cardio sessions. Sometimes the cardio is continued with bloody nose, or only God knows what, and they push. Unstoppable.

Regulars in the gym don't know what to think. They don't understand what they are seeing.

and the rest of us sit back and go "Oh, it's the drugs... I could be just like that if I did the same thing..." LMAO

NO, you couldn't.

[rant][/end rant]

I have 3 competitors right now who are gasping from a National Qualifier. Anyone in California knows exactly which show I'm talking about.

I do not agree with your mentality here that unless you feel close to death after living on tilapia and broccoli and doing 3hrs of cardio a day your not true bodybuilda. Come on man. Of course if your not suffering pre contest somethings wrong but to make it the main sign of physical perfection is warped sir.

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #162 on: May 13, 2014, 08:49:09 PM »
Twins was out in 1988 and he was 230 pounds.

He was 210 pounds for both "Twins" and "Red Heat"

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #163 on: May 13, 2014, 10:37:42 PM »
I do not agree with your mentality here that unless you feel close to death after living on tilapia and broccoli and doing 3hrs of cardio a day your not true bodybuilda. Come on man. Of course if your not suffering pre contest somethings wrong but to make it the main sign of physical perfection is warped sir.

I think you may have mis-read or misunderstood what perspective I was taking.

It's cool. A lot get's lost in translation.

And I agree with your last statement. I am a third party. I don't claim to be a "guru" but I do what I can to help these "kids" stay safe during and after their contests. And by "kids" I mean '30 somethings' ~

The near death experience when dried out and possibly having used more, when more was not necessary... among other things...

I'll drop that for now. It get's to in depth.

Now, before and after these contests I am also dealing with multiple photographers in the gym... before and after. These competitors talk about how they are feeling and how they felt. Some are standing there with a plastic trophy trying to explain to me how it's not the trophy, it's something they want to look back on...

Problem is; if they keep it up... someone else may be looking back on it instead.

This is a world that I thrive in. I know that there are a lot of people here that do also. People will disagree with mis-chosen words, or they will know exactly what message I am attempting to convey.

And the irony? The irony is that I love seeing a muscular body that looks like an anatomy chart with a thin layer of Saran Wrap on it. So, what does that make me?

A schmoe? A thong-jockey lover? I actually like seeing the females shredded up more than the dudes. The females are always cool. The dudes always seem to have a severe attitude malfunction and can't handle their placings. The females are much more gracious. Not sure why that is....

Oh well... rambling again. My trademark.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: May 13, 2014, 10:53:30 PM »
He ran several miles a day in the late 70's/early 80's, reducing his offseason bodyweight from 250-260 to 199 pounds. He slowly gained some of that back in the 80's, starting with Conan the Barbarian, but even during the filming of that movie he was between 212-220 pounds. He beefed up in 1984 to 240 pounds for The Terminator. He would never see that bodyweight again. By the early 1990's he was back down to 210-215 pounds. Today, a much shorter man (by close to 3"), I wonder was he weighs.

Wow. Arnold must have suffered a lot of spinal compression. I thought I was doing poorly with a loss of about 1 1/2 inches in height over the years. I am happy to say I am almost back down to what I weighed when I was 18 years old. My waist is still 2" larger though. I guess I need to work on that.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: May 13, 2014, 10:59:19 PM »

NO, you couldn't.

[rant][/end rant]

Bodybuilding for me has always been about being healthier. There is no way in hell, I would ever have competed given what competitors go through. The possibility of a trophy and a little cash or if lucky a lucrative endorsement is just not worth it to me. Truth is, people outside the bodybuilding world, which is most people, probably think most bodybuilders are just freaks anyway.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »

I think you may have mis-read or misunderstood what perspective I was taking.

It's cool. A lot get's lost in translation.

And I agree with your last statement. I am a third party. I don't claim to be a "guru" but I do what I can to help these "kids" stay safe during and after their contests. And by "kids" I mean '30 somethings' ~

The near death experience when dried out and possibly having used more, when more was not necessary... among other things...

I'll drop that for now. It get's to in depth.

Now, before and after these contests I am also dealing with multiple photographers in the gym... before and after. These competitors talk about how they are feeling and how they felt. Some are standing there with a plastic trophy trying to explain to me how it's not the trophy, it's something they want to look back on...

Problem is; if they keep it up... someone else may be looking back on it instead.

This is a world that I thrive in. I know that there are a lot of people here that do also. People will disagree with mis-chosen words, or they will know exactly what message I am attempting to convey.

And the irony? The irony is that I love seeing a muscular body that looks like an anatomy chart with a thin layer of Saran Wrap on it. So, what does that make me?

A schmoe? A thong-jockey lover? I actually like seeing the females shredded up more than the dudes. The females are always cool. The dudes always seem to have a severe attitude malfunction and can't handle their placings. The females are much more gracious. Not sure why that is....

Oh well... rambling again. My trademark.

I dunno abou tthat... I have the exact opposite experience. the women are split personality psycho's with hair-triggers.

a man has many years to learn how to behave with androgens in his bloodstream, even many times the 'normal' level... women don't. give a girl androgens and introduce stress (dieting for a show.. pressure to not embarrass herself onstage, ect..) and you have a volatile mix.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #167 on: May 14, 2014, 12:11:20 AM »
I dunno abou tthat... I have the exact opposite experience. the women are split personality psycho's with hair-triggers.

a man has many years to learn how to behave with androgens in his bloodstream, even many times the 'normal' level... women don't. give a girl androgens and introduce stress (dieting for a show.. pressure to not embarrass herself onstage, ect..) and you have a volatile mix.

Makes sense.

I suppose I should just consider myself lucky.

I sure as hell ain't sayin' I'm right!

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #168 on: May 14, 2014, 02:12:38 AM »
I think some people don't take into consideration how hard and long he trained. He allegedly trained for hours, twice a day. I train 4 times per week for 2-3 hours now doing a lot of volume with olympic lifts and basic lifts and it burns calories like hell. I have never dieted down on 2500-2700 calories... and I weight 74kg now. Imagine what could be caloric maintenance for 110kg monstrous Arnold training for 4h+ per day 6 times per week... I think anything below 3000 would be starvation.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #169 on: May 14, 2014, 02:23:03 AM »
I think some people don't take into consideration how hard and long he trained. He allegedly trained for hours, twice a day. I train 4 times per week for 2-3 hours now doing a lot of volume with olympic lifts and basic lifts and it burns calories like hell. I have never dieted down on 2500-2700 calories... and I weight 74kg now. Imagine what could be caloric maintenance for 110kg monstrous Arnold training for 4h+ per day 6 times per week... I think anything below 3000 would be starvation.

Arnold ate a lot more than people think... also "clean eating" back then was a lot different than it is today.

I know the drugs and lipo have a lot to do with getting rid of low back fat, but he NEVER managed to do that like the competitors are forced to today.

He still had a good 10mm on his low back.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #170 on: May 15, 2014, 03:55:31 AM »
Kidding aint ya, arnolds lower back was sick compared to most today, even had the xmas tree going on in the late 60's

Arnold ate a lot more than people think... also "clean eating" back then was a lot different than it is today.

I know the drugs and lipo have a lot to do with getting rid of low back fat, but he NEVER managed to do that like the competitors are forced to today.

He still had a good 10mm on his low back.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2014, 04:12:11 AM »
Kidding aint ya, arnolds lower back was sick compared to most today, even had the xmas tree going on in the late 60's
arnold  ::) ::)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2014, 04:36:25 AM »
Arnold brought in and excellent xmas tree, glutes and hams were a bit undeveloped and undefined compared to the rest of him.

Halo your a black man in a white mans body, your love for Coleman is sickening.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2014, 04:41:50 AM »
Arnold brought in and excellent xmas tree, glutes and hams were a bit undeveloped and undefined compared to the rest of him.

Halo your a black man in a white mans body, your love for Coleman is sickening.
i used to not like coleman, i considered him trash next to dexter jackson

but he grew on me

no homo

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #174 on: May 15, 2014, 05:18:08 AM »
Any one has a bigger/better quality version of this pic?

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHH