Author Topic: Chris Harris in a 1 liter 3 cylinder Formula Ford for the Road  (Read 2599 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World

che

• Getbig V

Parker

• Getbig V
Re: Chris Harris in a 1 liter 3 cylinder Formula Ford for the Rd
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 08:05:59 PM »
Awesome , how much ?
For you Che, you can have the only one, because of who you are.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 08:11:43 PM »

Hey Parker, do you know anything about the Rolls-Royce Ghost being built on the BMW 7 series chassis?  I caught a second of Top Gear and heard that...

???

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »
For you Che, you can have the only one, because of who you are.

I don't think I can afford it , I would love to drive that thing .

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »
Hey Parker, do you know anything about the Rolls-Royce Ghost being built on the BMW 7 series chassis?  I caught a second of Top Gear and heard that...

???
Yeah, since Rolls was bought by BMW (per an agreement with VW, who owns Bentley) they are not going to develop a whole new chassis for it. I believe both the Phantom and the Ghost are built on the 7 series chassis. I don't follow them that much, but as far as I know, they use modified 7 series chassis.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 08:43:46 PM »
Yeah, since Rolls was bought by BMW (per an agreement with VW, who owns Bentley) they are not going to develop a whole new chassis for it. I believe both the Phantom and the Ghost are built on the 7 series chassis. I don't follow them that much, but as far as I know, they use modified 7 series chassis.

Oh cool, I had no clue.  Wikipedia says they share 20% of the same parts. 

Your knowledge knows no bounds....  :o

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 09:07:30 PM »
Oh cool, I had no clue.  Wikipedia says they share 20% of the same parts. 

Your knowledge knows no bounds....  :o
VW used an existing chassis for the Bentley Conti GT and Flying Spur, I believe it was the same chassis as the A6, I'm am not sure. And they still share chassis, and engines.

The Germans are going use their existing chassis, they are not going spend billions engineering a whole new chassis. Remember Rolls doesn't come out with new products often, their product life last a long time. The current Phantom has been out since 2003, and they just "updated it".

VW has taken a different  strategy with Bentley. They have the marque come out with more products, and a shorter time line.

The two cars I believe that looked like VW and BMW thought that they could make the best of the same car would be the Bentley Azure/Brooklands Coupe and the Rolls Phantom Coupe.
Both have that upright look.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
Re: Chris Harris in a 1 liter 3 cylinder Formula Ford for the Road
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 09:14:05 PM »

;)
Gracie Rules

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 09:19:43 PM »
VW used an existing chassis for the Bentley Conti GT and Flying Spur, I believe it was the same chassis as the A6, I'm am not sure. And they still share chassis, and engines.

The Germans are going use their existing chassis, they are not going spend billions engineering a whole new chassis. Remember Rolls doesn't come out with new products often, their product life last a long time. The current Phantom has been out since 2003, and they just "updated it".

VW has taken a different  strategy with Bentley. They have the marque come out with more products, and a shorter time line.

The two cars I believe that looked like VW and BMW thought that they could make the best of the same car would be the Bentley Azure/Brooklands Coupe and the Rolls Phantom Coupe.
Both have that upright look.

Huh,

Well is it a good idea to buy a $250,000 Ghost when you can get a 7 series for $80,000? ???

Sorry to get off topic lol

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 09:22:51 PM »

That's the VW Phaeton platform, specifically designed for the Phaeton and the Continentals. Shared components are from the A8. ;)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
Re: Chris Harris in a 1 liter 3 cylinder Formula Ford for the Road
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 09:24:26 PM »
  ;)

Palatov D4. This would be amazing for trackdays..

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 09:45:25 PM »
That's the VW Phaeton platform, specifically designed for the Phaeton and the Continentals. Shared components are from the A8. ;)
Thank you. I knew it was one of those...funny how the Phaeton could never sell well, but the cars it's chassis was built on sure did sell.
Huh,

Well is it a good idea to buy a $250,000 Ghost when you can get a 7 series for $80,000? ???

Sorry to get off topic lol
depends on what you want...And the rolls is more than it's chassis. The 300c/Dodge Charger/Challenger as far as I know is still rolling on an old modified Benz E/S class chassis, but they damn sure aren't E or S classes...

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 10:11:32 PM »
The 300c/Dodge Charger/Challenger as far as I know is still rolling on an old modified Benz E/S class chassis, but they damn sure aren't E or S classes...

haha... okay good point!  I get it, lol