Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board
Ventura wins $1.8M from Chris Kyles estate
(1/48) > >>
Dos Equis:
Shameful.

Ex-Minn. Gov. Jesse Ventura sues Navy SEAL Chris Kyle’s widow
By Jessica Chasmar-The Washington Times Sunday, June 2, 2013

Former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura has decided to substitute Chris Kyle’s wife, Taya, in a defamation suit he has filed against the slain Navy SEAL.

Mr. Ventura last year sued the decorated sailor, who authored “American Sniper,” claiming that the book’s description of a California bar fight defamed him, the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports.

Kyle, nicknamed America’s “most lethal sniper,” was killed at a Texas shooting range in February by a young veteran he was mentoring.

“Although Kyle is deceased, his ‘American Sniper’ book continues to sell and it is soon to be made into a movie,” read the claim filed last week by attorney David Bradley Olsen.

Mr. Ventura’s attorneys said the claims live on despite Kyle’s death, and “it would be unjust to permit the estate to continue to profit from Kyle’s wrongful conduct and to leave Governor Ventura without redress for ongoing damage to his reputation,” the Star Tribune reports.

Mrs. Kyle’s attorney filed a response Wednesday, calling the development a disappointment.

“Continuing this action will serve no useful purpose,” lawyer John Borger wrote, “and likely will promote public perception of Jesse Ventura as someone who has little or no regard for the feelings and welfare of surviving family members of deceased war heroes.”

A hearing is slated for June 17 in Minneapolis, the Star Tribune reports.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/2/ex-minn-gov-jesse-ventura-sues-navy-seal-chris-kyl/
Shockwave:
What a fucking classless scumbag. I lost all respect for him. Side wasn't even a SEAL.
Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Shockwave on June 07, 2013, 04:01:35 PM ---What a fucking classless scumbag. I lost all respect for him. Side wasn't even a SEAL.

--- End quote ---

Yep.  You need to pick your battles.  This is one he really shouldn't be fighting. 
Archer77:
I don't know.  I'm mixed about this.  Very tacky but business is business.  If it didnt happen or happen the way Kyle said it did, Ventura should have the right to clear his name. 
Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: Archer77 on June 07, 2013, 04:49:13 PM ---I don't know.  I'm mixed about this.  Very tacky but business is business.  If it didnt happen or happen the way Kyle said it did, Ventura should have the right to clear his name. 

--- End quote ---

I can see both sides of this, although he doesn't really need to clear his name.  I doubt he has lost anything as a result of the allegations made against him.  It sounds like he just wants money.  And now it will come at the expense of a widow and her kids.  Pretty bad PR move.  Also selfish.  Shortsighted.  Heartless.  Etc.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version