Author Topic: Next Gen Console Fail-Games 100 dollars-Xbox One-500 Dollars-PS4 even more $  (Read 36444 times)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
ET was an Atari 2600 game actually.

What games do you have that are "worse"?

There was Superman... That was terrible... Sure ET was bad... What do you have to back up your statement?

Even stupid games like Super Spike V-Ball were 100 times better than most games today.

Super Spike V-Ball? Come on, man, get serious.

Super Dodgeball? Maybe. Just be sure to pick Iceland.

EDIT: I get what you're saying, I think, a game like Super Mario Bros. 3 (in my GOAT list) is miles better than a complex, poorly designed game that looks great. I don't think anyone is arguing that, or are they, I'm having trouble keeping track.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Super Spike V-Ball? Come on, man, get serious.

Super Dodgeball? Maybe. Just be sure to pick Iceland.

Super Spike V-BALL was FANTASTIC!!! How dare you say anything about it... I spend DAYS... NAY WEEKS playing that with my friends.

Super Dodgeball was also freaking sweet.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
Super Spike V-BALL was FANTASTIC!!! How dare you say anything about it... I spend DAYS... NAY WEEKS playing that with my friends.

When it comes to old school sports games.....

Super Dodge Ball is up there with my absolute favorite being Little League World Series by SNK. Great controls, solid graphics, pretty deep and simple to pick up. In college I brought my NES in to the house I lived in one year and we played the hell out of it.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

X2 on Super Spike Vball

You had the "power" team with limited speed but huge spiking ability, the "all around" team, the "defensive" team and the "speed" team.

I always had a blast playing with friends on that game and utilizing each teams strengths to gain an edge. Blowing a guy off the screen with a huge spike was always a blast!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
I never compare old games vs new ones. I think it is better to go by console generations. There are a few games that stand the test of time like: Mario Bros., Pacman, Tetris etc....

P.S. Name me a better Hockey game than Blades Of Steel for the Nes  :D

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

P.S. Name me a better Hockey game than Blades Of Steel for the Nes  :D

Any hockey game made by EA and 2K Sports post 1990.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Any hockey game made by EA and 2K Sports post 1990.
not for pure fun factor. No way. You can pick that game up today, and have a blast playing with a buddy.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
not for pure fun factor. No way. You can pick that game up today, and have a blast playing with a buddy.

Agreed.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Nah, hockey games are by far the most consistent sports franchise in gaming in terms of quality. 

Blades of Steel is more comparable to NFL Bltz or NBA Jam.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Nah, hockey games are by far the most consistent sports franchise in gaming in terms of quality. 

Blades of Steel is more comparable to NFL Bltz or NBA Jam.
No shit  ;D Actually that is a great point. Blades of Steel is hockey's version of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz. Good post.

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
No shit  ;D Actually that is a great point. Blades of Steel is hockey's version of NBA Jam and NFL Blitz. Good post.

Yeah, and that's not a bad thing necessarily.  Just a taste preference.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Yeah, and that's not a bad thing necessarily.  Just a taste preference.
Genre: Brainless sports games  ;D

polychronopolous

• Getbig V

Mutant league football/hockey and Pigskin Footbrawl 8)

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

No doubt.  I like sports simulations but there is def a market for the arcade type sports games.

I still think one of the best sports games ever was the arcade version of Arch Rivals.  Double Dribble and Tecmo Bowl arcade versions are up there as well.  

Anyone remember Mat Mania?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
No doubt.  I like sports simulations but there is def a market for the arcade type sports games.

I still think one of the best sports games ever was the arcade version of Arch Rivals.  Double Dribble and Tecmo Bowl arcade versions are up there as well.  

Anyone remember Mat Mania?
Ah Tecmo Bowl. The home of the end zone to endzone, touchdown pass  ;D

GigantorX

• Getbig V
I never compare old games vs new ones. I think it is better to go by console generations. There are a few games that stand the test of time like: Mario Bros., Pacman, Tetris etc....

P.S. Name me a better Hockey game than Blades Of Steel for the Nes  :D

That's probably more fair.

Earlier generations were bound by some pretty tight technical limitations. Now, that isn't to say that some of the NES's best don't compare to today's best but it's an uneven comparison. Like comparing NBA/NFL/MLB athletes across different decades. Some of the best from earlier decades definitely could play in today's era but many simply could not.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
ET was an Atari 2600 game actually.

What games do you have that are "worse"?

There was Superman... That was terrible... Sure ET was bad... What do you have to back up your statement?

Even stupid games like Super Spike V-Ball were 100 times better than most games today.

LOL your nostalgia blinds you

next you'll tell me that going to the library to do research was better than using the internet at home

E

E

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
LOL your nostalgia blinds you

next you'll tell me that going to the library to do research was better than using the internet at home

E

it took a lot new intelligence for sure.

Better? No. Unless you want information to be accurate.

Keep on believing your nonsense. I certainly don't have to validate my opinion almost all of the industry will agree with me.

One random dudes opinion isn't going to change my mind.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
it took a lot new intelligence for sure.

Better? No. Unless you want information to be accurate.

Keep on believing your nonsense. I certainly don't have to validate my opinion almost all of the industry will agree with me.

One random dudes opinion isn't going to change my mind.

who agrees with you?  they all must be comparing the best nintendo games to the recent medal of honor haha

speaking of that game it got horrible reviews yet you can't understand why people didn't like it, perhaps your taste is bad

E
E

GigantorX

• Getbig V

King Shizzo

• Getbig V

Omg!!!! I loved that game. Such a classic. Same with the RBI baseball, and Bases Loaded games.  8)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
who agrees with you?  they all must be comparing the best nintendo games to the recent medal of honor haha

speaking of that game it got horrible reviews yet you can't understand why people didn't like it, perhaps your taste is bad

E

What are you talking about?

I didn't like it either.

I've said there were some good things in it, but overall, it was a terrible game.

So I don't know what you mean by "Yet you can't understand why people didn't like it."

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Omg!!!! I loved that game. Such a classic. Same with the RBI baseball, and Bases Loaded games.  8)

Baseball Stars was the shit too.  Tecmo had a good BB I remember as well.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot

Baseball Stars was the shit too.  Tecmo had a good BB I remember as well.
konami had bases loaded.

That was probably my favorite.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
konami had bases loaded.

That was probably my favorite.

Bases Loaded was Jaleco.