Author Topic: Next Gen Console Fail-Games 100 dollars-Xbox One-500 Dollars-PS4 even more $  (Read 36437 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Nicademus just proved yet again, he is a moron. hahha

ROFL!  ;D

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Don't be mad it's just a video game.   It makes you come off as very feminine and petty.

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
Sony won the next console generation tonight. I pre-orderd a PS4 already after their E3.

cephissus

• Getbig V
they haven't "won" anything... the used game thing / "supporting consumers" stuff is going to mean very little in the long run

sony is off to a good start, but i highly doubt either ms or sony is going to be able to make a huge dent in the other's marketshare over the entire generation, much less over something as trivial as "used games policy".  nintendo, on the other hand, made an absolutely horrendous mistake with the wiiu.  there is no hope for underpowered consoles.

the only reason the used game fiasco is such a talking point is a lack of other talking points...

EH

• Getbig III
who the fuck has time to play video games?

I still have a fucking ps2... and maybe, MAYBE, on a Wednesday night... if I don't have any early clients, i'll play SOCOM 3 for 20mins. before bed.

what adult has time to sit through an entire game of Madden anymore? let alone waste $300 on a console?

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Lol sony made a funny

&feature=youtu.be

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
it's not like the NSA have back door access to the camera and mic and measuring you HR, aura of your soul and xray of your brainwaves and thought pattern or anything like that  ::)

Oh wait, the brainwave controller comes only with XBOX 2... ::) ::)

it's all fun and games..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
they haven't "won" anything... the used game thing / "supporting consumers" stuff is going to mean very little in the long run

Yup.   Everybody talks about Steam, but they fail to mention there's no used market there.   People are making too big a deal about his.  People will buy the console that has the games they like, and the ones their friends have so they can play online.
Y

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
both consols are gonna lose money, there gonna have to make games more realistic and mature if they want adults with fat wallets to buy something bad ass
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Sony is going to win this one.  Microsoft dropped the ball big time with the always on and used game restrictions. The only thing that may save the xbox one are their exclusive titles.
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Sony is going to win this one.  Microsoft dropped the ball big time with the always on and used game restrictions. The only thing that may save the xbox one are their exclusive titles.

It's not going to have the effect you think it will.
Y

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
It's not going to have the effect you think it will.

What won't?  Used game restrictions.  How does it work?
A

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
My only problem is, why did they make their next gens so similar? :D

Why can't one be white and the other black etc, one have blue lights and the other have red

They even used similar half-pattern

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!

To think, I supported Xbox since 2001 and now its turned into a Television Cable Box which puts limits and restrictions on its customers.

PS4 is better so far.

It hasn't. MS is trying to position it as the main media portal that also connects to tablets/smartphones. It will still have tons of games and multiple media streaming options. If you haven't been able to figure this out, you haven't been paying much attention. Will it work? We will see in 5 years.

For the PS4, publishers are still free to put whatever restrictions/online passes/etc. in their games, the "NO DRM, No online check in" is for physical media only, not a deal breaker but still caveat.

2 systems with 2 differing takes. I'll go out on a limb and proclaim this upcoming generation will end much like this current one did, in a dead heat.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

Used game restrictions aren't going to have a huge impact on console sales.   There will continue to be pressure applied from the publishers and it will become the norm.

Y

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

2 systems with 2 differing takes. I'll go out on a limb and proclaim this upcoming generation will end much like this current one did, in a dead heat.

Last one ended in a dead heat, but their starting points were very different.
Y

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Used game restrictions aren't going to have a huge impact on console sales.   There will continue to be pressure applied from the publishers and it will become the norm.

I appreciate your opinion.
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I appreciate your opinion.

Do you think it will?
Y

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!

Each game must be installed on the HD and is then linked to the owners Xbox Live account via the entering of a passcode included with the game.

To sell your used game (I'm assuming from what I've read)

-Deactivate game from your account.
-Take physical media to an official used game retailer.
-They assign a new passcode
-They sell game.

MS did mention that there will be a Xbox Live marketplace where you can just sell games and skip the retailer but they haven't given many details.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Do you think it will?

It seems to matter to a lot of people from what I've been reading.  I just assumed from the overwhelmingly negative response to Xbox one that it would matter.  You might have access to more accurate information than I do.  I know personally that I can't imagine spending sixty bucks on certain games.  Some games, like any of the fallout series I'm willing to pay full price for.  I've been burned to many times in the past when I've purchased a new game that turned out to be a dud.  I at least had the peace of mind that I could turn it in for something else.
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
It seems to matter to a lot of people from what I've been reading.  I just assumed from the overwhelmingly negative response to Xbox one that it would matter.  You might have access to more accurate information than I do.  I know personally that I can't imagine spending sixty bucks on certain games.  Some games, like any of the fallout series I'm willing to pay full price for.  I've been burned to many times in the past when I've purchased a new game that turned out to be a dud.  I at least had the peace of mind that I could turn it in for something else.

The problem is, when you turn it in - two things happen:  you get completely ripped off, and the publisher makes no additional money.  It was bound to be corrected.

I understand your standpoint, but I think a lot of what we're seeing right now is just bitching, and these guys always by the next console anyways.

What have you gotten burned on.  Legit question.   I ask, because generally there's enough info out there to know when a game sucks.
Y

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
ps4 will win for the same reason 360 sold better than the ps3, it's $100 cheaper

at this point i'm much more impressed with the exclusive games for xbox one

E
E

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?
Sony won. There will be very few developers stupid enough, or had enough $$ slung at them by MS to make their next games XBONE exclusives. All Sony has to do now is stick to their promise and not go anti-consumer like MS and they win. You are correct, people will go to the system their buddy is playing on. Hence why the PS4 will win. You buy a XBONE you are a tard for no ability of foresight whatsoever.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
ps4 will win for the same reason 360 sold better than the ps3, it's $100 cheaper

at this point i'm much more impressed with the exclusive games for xbox one

E

It didn't sell better , they both sold around the same.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
It didn't sell better , they both sold around the same.

in the beginning it sold much better

E
E