Author Topic: So who is the best "guru" today?  (Read 3934 times)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: So who is the best "guru" today?
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 12:13:09 AM »
LVAC is where I train now. Either Eastern and 215 or West Flamingo. Golds haven't been the same since they closed the Sahara and Decatur one and Sandhill. They were the best two gyms out here....

I'm at LVAC also. After they started closing Gold's on Flamingo and Sandhill and Sahara and Decatur, I went with LVAC. I train at the Lake Mead and Rainbow, 215 and the Maryland one.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 12:44:59 AM »
Cormier used to spend a lot of time here in Vegas. He was nice guy, but never came across as that intelligent about training and dieting. He seemed to succeed in spite of what he was doing to himself (partying and chasing women). But guys today think that all these "gurus" can take them to the pros and have some sort of magic formula.
Did anyone see on MD that Jay was going to do his own prep and people are saying he's crazy! For god sakes, he's a former Mr O and has been training and competing for over 20 years and these new guys on the boards think he can't do it...... Ridiculous

no matter how down and out people think chris is, he always keeps a tight woman.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 04:06:32 AM »
The best guru is the one that can "get" the person to come in consistently in condition, and deliver the Sandow, so by default that would be Hany. Or did he get lucky with Phil (and Jay)?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 07:40:31 AM »
The best guru is the one who matches the athlete best psychologically,
meaning the athlete trusts the guru and that the guru has the ability to
really motivate the athlete. Otherwise the athlete will get 10 different opinions
on every little thing on the side. All of these guys have tons of failures too along
with the success stories. Many pros go from guru to guru yet often fail to even match
their best presentation which they achieved on their own.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 08:12:31 AM »
The best guru is the one who matches the athlete best psychologically,
meaning the athlete trusts the guru and that the guru has the ability to
really motivate the athlete. Otherwise the athlete will get 10 different opinions
on every little thing on the side. All of these guys have tons of failures too along
with the success stories. Many pros go from guru to guru yet often fail to even match
their best presentation which they achieved on their own.

TRUE,a guy could be prepping someone and on the side the bber is getting other people screwing him up with same/bad advice..