Author Topic: Puppies left in dumpster reunited with mom  (Read 3227 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Puppies left in dumpster reunited with mom
« on: June 07, 2013, 09:58:58 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/video/puppies-left-dumpster-reunited-mom-052036345.html

PINAL COUNTY, Ariz. -- Four puppies left in a dumpster to die were reunited with their mother Wednesday night.  Pinal County Animal Care and Control says the mom dog had been reported missing by its owner on Tuesday.

The circumstances are unclear, but the dog’s puppies were brought into Animal Control by a Good Samaritan who found them in the garbage.

“It’s heartbreaking,” said Wendy Sowder of the Bark Side Rescue, the group which cared for the puppies in their mother’s absence.  “We try so hard to save lives; people just want to throw them away.”

Sowder used miniature bottles to nurse the puppies.  However, the fear was the puppies could die without their mother.

A break in the case came Wednesday afternoon.  It turns out the mom dog wandered to the Windmill Winery Florence.  Owner Katie Christ put two and two together when the story made headlines.

“We were just really thrilled that we could help,” said Christ.  “I’m glad I saw the article because the puppies need their mama.”

They now have her back, and all are said to be doing well.

“We don’t get good endings most of the time, working in this environment, so it’s heartwarming to see that” said Kaye Dickson, the Director of Pinal County Animal Care and Control.

Dickson says officers are now following leads, so they can send the case to the County Attorney’s Office and prosecute the person responsible.

“They need to be held accountable,” said Dixon.  “There’s no explanation that anyone can give for something so cruel.”

Officers say they’ve identified a person of interest in the case, but no one has been named.

: