Author Topic: Terminator 5 -- Arnold's Back!  (Read 13481 times)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
Re: Terminator 5 -- Arnold's Back!
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2013, 05:12:17 PM »
Another one?  at 60+?  Very bad idea. 

Recognizing he was an aging action star what he should have done was filmed T2-3 or T2-4 concurrently (when he still looked decent) and the studios could have released them every 3-5 years.  They do this all the time.  Much of Superman I and II were filmed concurrently.  Matrix Reloaded and Matrix Revolutions were filmed concurrently as well.  Studios like to do this because they can save a ton of money on production costs (set decoration/designs, location, make up, costume design, casting, etc).

No amount of hair dye, face lifts, or steroids, can make him look good enough to be the Terminator again.

Bah!

Exactly, stallone and arnold had there time, move aside and give the other young unemployed actors a chance, i refuse to watch stallone anymore, the last rocky and rambo i have only seen bits and pieces of i cant watch the whole film, shame on him making these movies 20 yrs later, i will never watch a Expendable film neither.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2013, 05:16:49 PM »
What I cannot understand is why is there no more big pro bodybuilding action stars since arnold.

Arnold wasn't called "the one and only" for nothin.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2013, 01:50:16 PM »

Rumors that Dwayne The Rock Johnson is being courted for Terminator 5. Arnold Schwarzenegger's certainly getting a bit old for the part, but is the Rockinator a solid choice?

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2013, 01:54:28 PM »
Rock would make a great terminator. Maybe Vin Diesel too for what's out there in actors. Diesel sure has the monotone voice

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2013, 02:52:55 PM »
Update:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/21/the-rock-vs-terminator

The Rock vs. Terminator?
Terminator 5 might be a prequel set in the time of Sarah Connor's parents.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson might not compete in WrestleMania 30 come next April in New Orleans. That may be because the actor will be joining Arnold Schwarzenegger on the set of Terminator 5.

With Schwarzenegger confirming his involvement in the action sequel, Examiner reports that Johnson is now being considered for the role of T5's next sinister machine. More over, one source close to the project's Annapurna Films says that one version of the script is being written specifically for Johnson himself.

Not only that, the source continues, but T5 may actually be a prequel set in the time of Sarah Connor's parents, with The Rock hunting them down. According to Examiner, "Schwarzenegger may not play the role of a machine in the next film, but a potentially heroic human figure in or close to the Connor family. One theory is that Schwarzenegger's remarkable ability to protect the Connor family in the 1940s or 1950s with antiquated weaponry by today's standards ultimately inspired the machines to develop a terminator in his likeness that was eventually sent to 1984 when Sarah Connor was first targeted for termination."

However, this is merely speculation at this point, but the insider notes that T5 could very well be drastically different from any Terminator film we've seen before.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2013, 03:00:21 PM »
 " what qb said

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2013, 03:02:22 PM »
Update:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/21/the-rock-vs-terminator

The Rock vs. Terminator?
Terminator 5 might be a prequel set in the time of Sarah Connor's parents.

Earlier this week, it was reported that Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson might not compete in WrestleMania 30 come next April in New Orleans. That may be because the actor will be joining Arnold Schwarzenegger on the set of Terminator 5.

With Schwarzenegger confirming his involvement in the action sequel, Examiner reports that Johnson is now being considered for the role of T5's next sinister machine. More over, one source close to the project's Annapurna Films says that one version of the script is being written specifically for Johnson himself.

Not only that, the source continues, but T5 may actually be a prequel set in the time of Sarah Connor's parents, with The Rock hunting them down. According to Examiner, "Schwarzenegger may not play the role of a machine in the next film, but a potentially heroic human figure in or close to the Connor family. One theory is that Schwarzenegger's remarkable ability to protect the Connor family in the 1940s or 1950s with antiquated weaponry by today's standards ultimately inspired the machines to develop a terminator in his likeness that was eventually sent to 1984 when Sarah Connor was first targeted for termination."

However, this is merely speculation at this point, but the insider notes that T5 could very well be drastically different from any Terminator film we've seen before.

now that sounds watchable
X

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2013, 12:46:39 AM »
http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/terminator-tv-series-in-development-with-x-men-writers-1200926394/

‘Terminator’ TV Series in Development with ‘X-Men’ Writers

“Terminator” continues to make good on its “I’ll be back” promise — this time, with a new TV show.

Skydance Prods. and Annapurna Pictures — the shingles behind Paramount’s 2015 “Terminator” reboot — have teamed to develop a fresh “Terminator” television series, hiring “X-Men: First Class” scribes Zack Stentz and Ashley Miller to write and exec produce.

TV project is said to follow a critical moment from the first “Terminator” film — where the film’s story goes one way, the upcoming television show will take that same moment in a completely different direction. Skydance and Annapurna expect the new “Terminator” TV series and rebooted “Terminator” film franchise to have intersecting narratives, as well.

Megan Ellison of Annapurna will produce the “Terminator” TV series with David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Marcy Ross of Skydance. Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier are on board as exec producers.

This won’t be the first time that “Terminator” has received the small screen treatment. “The Sarah Connor Chronicles,” a spinoff from the film franchise, aired on Fox for two seasons, from 2008-2009. Both Stentz and Miller worked on the drama as producers and scribes.

The pair’s credits also include Fox’s “Fringe” and feature film “Thor.” They are repped by Principato-Young.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2013, 03:30:13 AM »
I think the Rock is cool but he's an awful actor and I can't take him seriously - shouldn't be anywhere near a serious Terminator movie

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2013, 03:35:51 AM »
Arnold has had his day as the terminator. Who needs to see a wrinkly 67 year old robot on a zimmer frame? Pass the torch already to some unknown monotone freak.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #60 on: December 07, 2013, 03:39:00 AM »
I think the Rock is cool but he's an awful actor and I can't take him seriously - shouldn't be anywhere near a serious Terminator movie
You are crazy. The rock is what an action star should be. He can also act 1000x's better then Arnold or Sly.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: December 07, 2013, 03:43:34 AM »
Just cos the Rock is running 4 grams a week doesn't mean he should be the next terminator. Guy is repetitive and annoying as f*ck!

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #62 on: December 07, 2013, 03:46:14 AM »
they should get paul walker the role

oh wait  :D
T

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 07, 2013, 03:49:34 AM »
Just cos the Rock is running 4 grams a week doesn't mean he should be the next terminator. Guy is repetitive and annoying as f*ck!
The Rock would make a perfect terminator. The Rock is Arnold 2.0

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2013, 03:51:31 AM »
The Rock would make a perfect terminator. The Rock is Arnold 2.0

no one can nail the "i'll be back" line
not even christian bale
T

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2013, 03:55:34 AM »
The Rock sucks.  They can just CG the Oak again and follow this lead: 

Arnold will star as the lead Skynet scientist that reprograms the original Terminator in his own image and helps to send him back to right the wrongs done by him.  That would work a whole let better and then maybe, just maybe they can come to a favorable conclusion (we finally win) with the series. 

I doubt it because Hollywood would milk a bull for cash.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2013, 03:59:18 AM »
The Rock sucks.  They can just CG the Oak again and follow this lead: 

Arnold will star as the lead Skynet scientist that reprograms the original Terminator in his own image and helps to send him back to right the wrongs done by him.  That would work a whole let better and then maybe, just maybe they can come to a favorable conclusion (we finally win) with the series. 

I doubt it because Hollywood would milk a bull for cash.
The Rock is the hottest action star going right now. He has the charisma and he can act. You try free-lancing in the WWE.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2013, 04:06:16 AM »
The Rock is the hottest action star going right now. He has the charisma and he can act. You try free-lancing in the WWE.

If true, it's only because people demand mediocre.    He has inked not only his body, but his career with a tattoo of bland.
I stand by what I said.

NYSTATEOFMIND

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigs Reporter of perverse news
« Reply #68 on: December 07, 2013, 12:04:53 PM »
There was a Terminator 3 and 4? ???
getbig or getgot

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #69 on: December 07, 2013, 12:09:54 PM »
There was a Terminator 3 and 4? ???

No.

As far as I vconcerned Terminator ended with part 2 by James Cameron.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: December 07, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »
Arnold should do True Lies II instead.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 07, 2013, 12:18:22 PM »
A 60 year + terminator   :-[

PLEASE NO naked grandpa Arnold  ::)

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 07, 2013, 12:22:19 PM »
terminator 6,,arnold walks into police station ,,looks around ,,and say's'I'LL BE BACK'after my nap...

correction sexy young nurse is pushing him seating in a wheel chair into cops place  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 07, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »
When Arnold was the number one box office draw he had a movie that completely bombed. Everyone said his career was tanking and the next movie was huge. I can't remember the names of the movies. Never count him out.

tHE ONE THAT TANKED MIGHT HAVE BEEN " THE LAST ACTION HERO"

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2013, 05:25:01 PM »
http://www.deadline.com/2013/12/emilia-clarke-terminator-sarah-connor-role/

‘Game Of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke Set For ‘Terminator’ In Sarah Connor Role

It’s official. Emilia Clarke will play Sarah Connor in the Terminator reboot, re-teaming with director Alan Taylor, who has worked with Clarke in the HBO series Game Of Thrones. Clarke joins Jason Clarke, who is in negotiations to play her son John Connor in a storyline I’ve heard involved a trip into the future. Deadline revealed that he was in talks earlier this week. Arnold Schwarzenegger is also back in his signature cyborg role.

This was a hotly contested role and it came down to Clarke and Brie Larson. Both actresses tested for the producers at David Ellison’s Skydance and Megan Ellison’s Annapurna, and Paramount, which will release the film in July 2015. Clarke’s breakout role came in Thrones, where she plays the dragon-commanding heroine Daenerys Targaryen in that massive HBO series, and is probably the most sympathetic of all vying to rule. She started as a shy sister of an annoying king brother, but has demonstrated the mettle to capably play one of the screen’s most formidable heroines as originated by Linda Hamilton in James Cameron’s first two films in the series. She’s repped by CAA.