Author Topic: none of these "pro bbers" and "training gurus" know wtf they are talking about  (Read 15831 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Why is this topic debated over and over again?
First, someone needs to decide: do you want to look like a bodybuilding or(!) do you want to lift maximum weights?
it's not that simple

see how they contradict themselves all the time

"i'm not a weightlifter, my goal is not to lift heavy weight"..........

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
it's not that simple

anabolichalo

• Getbig V

Kai is also superstrong, as he reps with weights that are most gym rats' maxes. He's concerned with contracting and feeling the muscles. It just so happens he can do that with superhuman poundages. Most guys can't.

"it just so happens" huh...

::)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
"it just so happens" huh...

Yeah! There are people who can do reps with poundages with superhuman poundages. I don't hear you complaining when RONNIE COLEMAN does the same thing, especially with all the Ronnie clips you put up.

What's the point of all your complaining? You supposedly have a world-class Olympic coach. Why is it any concern of yours what certain pros have to say about the matter?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
it's not that simple

There are multiple ways to achieve the same goal: maximum hypertrophy. There's no need to follow a specific training protocol (sets, reps, techniques, etc) over and over again.
Once again you're over analyzing things and thinking black & white, my friend.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
There are multiple ways to achieve the same goal: maximum hypertrophy. There's no need to follow a specific training protocol (sets, reps, techniques, etc) over and over again.
i have never seen a monster bber who could not press 4plate minimal

that's the fact of the matter, so how can we claim weight is not important

anyway this thing gives me a headache

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
I agree

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
RONNIE COLEMAN does the same thing

yes, i also see a lot of contradictions in ronnie's stories and theories

i guess bb training is just doing whatever and giving some pseudo theoretical explanation to it

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Weight is important, ONLY IF the targeted muscle does the lifting of that weight. That's the point Milos, Kai, Chick, et. al. were making.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Weight is important, ONLY IF the targeted muscle does the lifting of that weight. That's the point Milos, Kai, Chick, et. al. were making.
ronnie coleman actually agrees with iris kyle fella

he was asked do you think about "mind muscle and contraction and all that?"

and he said

"no because muscle contract automatically, i just push the weight"

yeah buddy

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
yes, i also see a lot of contradictions in ronnie's stories and theories

i guess bb training is just doing whatever and giving some pseudo theoretical explanation to it

No, it's not. It's trial and error. It's using principles as a foundation, keeping what works, and scrapping what doesn't work.

And, as the saying goes, nearly everything works but not everything works indefinitely.

That's because your body doesn't stay static. Do you think I train the same way in my 40s that I did in my 20s? Do you think I eat the same way now as I did nearly a two decades ago?

It's standard procedure to hear guys (when they're younger) swear you need to lift everything that ain't nailed down, only to have a change of heart as the years (and perhaps the INJURIES) pile up.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
No, it's not. It's trial and error. It's using principles as a foundation, keeping what works, and scrapping what doesn't work.

And, as the saying goes, nearly everything works but not everything works indefinitely.

That's because your body doesn't stay static. Do you think I train the same way in my 40s that I did in my 20s? Do you think I eat the same way now as I did nearly a two decades ago?

It's standard procedure to hear guys (when they're younger) swear you need to lift everything that ain't nailed down, only to have a change of heart as the years (and perhaps the INJURIES) pile up.
doesnt change the fact they made those real good gains by lifting heavy

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
ronnie coleman actually agrees with iris kyle fella

he was asked do you think about "mind muscle and contraction and all that?"

and he said

"no because muscle contract automatically, i just push the weight"

yeah buddy

Yet, you've made thread after thread and post after post, complaining about not wanting to lift heavy weight. Remember that whole thing about squatting?

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV

What's the point of all your complaining? You supposedly have a world-class Olympic coach. Why is it any concern of yours what certain pros have to say about the matter?

This guy has a "world-class Olympic coach"?  He's slightly retarded and would have a blood and guts battle of wits with Jason Genova.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
Yet, you've made thread after thread and post after post, complaining about not wanting to lift heavy weight. Remember that whole thing about squatting?

i dont want to lift heavy

but if it's required to build big muscles i have no choice  ::)

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
It's obvious that if you want to get HUGE like fuck you have to lift big weights. Everyone who is huge lifted heavy weights at one point or another. People just don't realise that after you reached 250x8 in squat you don't have to get over 140kg to maintain most of this muscle on drugs.

Just get there and maintain. The stronger you got the bigger you will be.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
doesnt change the fact they made those real good gains by lifting heavy

You don't like lifting heavy, per your previous posts.

Plus, the point you keep missing is that, EVEN IF you do, the target muscle must do the lion's share of the work.

It's been stated repeatedly that there's a difference between lifting heavy (with the intended muscles getting the bulk of the work) and lifting heavy (nearly every muscle BUT the targeted one, getting the stress).

That's why you have guys who can push 400 or 500 plus, yet have pancake-sized pecs. One example that comes to mind was a pro wrestler from back in the day, the late Ray "Hercules" Hernandez.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
It's obvious that if you want to get HUGE like fuck you have to lift big weights. Everyone who is huge lifted heavy weights at one point or another. People just don't realise that after you reached 250x8 in squat you don't have to get over 140kg to maintain most of this muscle on drugs.

Just get there and maintain. The stronger you got the bigger you will be.
this is my hypothesis

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
i dont want to lift heavy

but if it's required to build big muscles i have no choice  ::)

Should we dredge up your old threads and re-hash all your wailing about that?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
B-boy was right all the time.

Get strong and big and when you get big enough switch to high volume and maintain with lighter weights.

That's the way everyone I know trains.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
B-boy was right all the time.

Get strong and big and when you get big enough switch to high volume and maintain with lighter weights.

That's the way everyone I know trains.

did this guy lift heavy?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
This guy has a "world-class Olympic coach"?  He's slightly retarded and would have a blood and guts battle of wits with Jason Genova.

That's what he claims; yet, he keeps complaining about what the pros say about getting big as it relates to lifting weights and especially eating.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
did this guy lift heavy?

He did, at least during his football years.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
That's what he claims; yet, he keeps complaining about what the pros say about getting big as it relates to lifting weights and especially eating.

i said i trained with a world class coach. yes. your point?

weightlifting is not even remotely similar to bodybuilding

also weightlifting coaches are old guys who walk with a cane, not juiced up broscientists with a youtube channel

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas

There's a difference between being capable to lift 4 plates and the necessity to train this way, week in & week out.

I remember Ricardo Gya very well, a former IFBB pro with a great chest, who trained in the same gym. 90% of the time he was benching 1-2 plates. There was a publication of his training schedule in a magazine, and guess his response: "that's not the way I train!". I remember him as an honest & intelligent person, so I have no reason not to believe him.

Over analyzing things give you a headache  ;D