Author Topic: Anybody here have a really long work commute? 1 hour (or 50 miles) each way.  (Read 8530 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
I forgot to add - the majority of the drive  is on a Toll road, with about 3-4 tolls each way, I have the E-pass so I don't slow down... but shit its still money lol

Whatever..... I applied, it'd be a good opportunity.... doubt i'll get it it, its pretty competitive.... but would be one hell of a position!

Tolls are bullshit.  You get already get taxed on income and on purchases.  Tell 'em you'll take the job but you're not paying any damn tolls to get there.  They'll respect you as a man of principle for it.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Tolls are bullshit.  You get already get taxed on income and on purchases.  Tell 'em you'll take the job but you're not paying any damn tolls to get there.  They'll respect you as a man of principle for it.

1.  I haven't been even offered the job.  l just applied lol

2. Its not their problem I live an hour from the site.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
1.  I haven't been even offered the job.  l just applied lol

2. Its not their problem I live an hour from the site.

Yeah, I know but it would make you stand out from the other interviewees.  ;D

"That crazy toll guy."

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Yeah, I know but it would make you stand out from the other interviewees.  ;D

"That crazy toll guy."

Lolll

Awesome strategy...  I should also throw the E-pass transmitter at one of their foreheads to really make a statement Lol

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Lolll

Awesome strategy...  I should also throw the E-pass transmitter at one of their foreheads to really make a statement Lol

Terrified eggheads!

On second thought I'd go for the "We're all victims of this toll conspiracy, my brothers!" approach.  And give 'em some HELL NO WE WONT TOLL buttons.  You'll have 'em eating out of your hand.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Had a friend who commuted from San Francisco to Los Angeles 3 - 4 times each week. About a 70 min flight each way. And then a 40 min. drive home.

What a fool!  he could have rented a room in LA for $500 a month.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Does it really suck?  Do you absolutely hate it? 

Day in and day out, whats it like?

I did that a couple of years ago, spent $350 a month on gas and my car was in the shop bi-monthly.  Never again!