Author Topic: As predicted, the death of the latest scandal, the IRS bullshit.  (Read 3672 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: As predicted, the death of the latest scandal, the IRS bullshit.
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »
You were falsely attributing a stance to me that I never took nor even commented on.

You lied and got called out for it. In a thread were you call out a politician for lying and misleading people you should be sure not to partake in the same actions.

As for the crux of this thread, Issa is a politician, there was fodder for some press, some TV time and all that other stuff that goes along with it. He is getting exposed a bit here but it's to late in the news cycle for anyone to notice or care. There are other issues he could be dealing with but he isn't so that should tell you who he's working for.

But, in the end, political organizations were targeted while others were not and it wasn't because of a few rogue agents...that bothers me.

now now, your words solidify your stance, someone isn't lying because you say so, nor do your words support your actions. I do believe you are/have avoided commenting on how ridiculous this situation is and I am also certain you were all over Obama when this issue broke ground.

So while I agree it's not a fact, it is obstensibly based on your musings. I was agreeing with the use of the word fact.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2013, 02:20:11 PM »
Also from today:

Treasury: IRS targeted 292 Tea Party groups, just 6 progressive groups

http://washingtonexaminer.com/treasury-irs-targeted-292-tea-party-groups-just-6-progressive-groups/article/2532456

Doh.  Thread fail. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2013, 02:21:32 PM »
Doh.  Thread fail. 

Not according to the liberal peanut gallery   ;D

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »
now now, your words solidify your stance, someone isn't lying because you say so, nor do your words support your actions. I do believe you are/have avoided commenting on how ridiculous this situation is and I am also certain you were all over Obama when this issue broke ground.

So while I agree it's not a fact, it is obstensibly based on your musings. I was agreeing with the use of the word fact.

What words? Your statement is incredibly vague and empty... "I do believe..." and "....it is ostensibly based....." Ostensibly may not mean what you think does.

And when was I "...all over Obama," when this issue broke ground?

Based on what "musings," exactly?

And my words don't support my actions? How so. Please elaborate.

And seeing as that you're the one throwing around false accusations and lies without any evidence to back it up, the burden of proof should be on you....but don't worry, I went and found my two posts on the Obama/IRS "Scandal."

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=477961.msg6782542#msg6782542

The lies and obfuscations from the administration and the President keep getting smashed to pieces.

The IRS is a weapon, a massive entity and a political tool.

Just wait to until the ACA is fully in place.

I don't think those 2 posts would quality me as being "....all over Obama," on this issue.  I'm thinking that you may have misremembered.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2013, 05:40:44 PM »
What words? Your statement is incredibly vague and empty... "I do believe..." and "....it is ostensibly based....." Ostensibly may not mean what you think does.

And when was I "...all over Obama," when this issue broke ground?

Based on what "musings," exactly?

And my words don't support my actions? How so. Please elaborate.

And seeing as that you're the one throwing around false accusations and lies without any evidence to back it up, the burden of proof should be on you....but don't worry, I went and found my two posts on the Obama/IRS "Scandal."

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=477961.msg6782542#msg6782542

I don't think those 2 posts would quality me as being "....all over Obama," on this issue.  I'm thinking that you may have misremembered.

I understand what the word means and it fits perfectly fine.

Appears I didn't lie, you agreed Obama lied, meanwhile he did nothing, made no comments etc. What lies and Obfuscations?

You are being destroyed here. move along.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2013, 06:10:21 PM »
yet another moron arguing that the IRS didnt do what they already admitted to doing

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2013, 06:51:03 PM »
I understand what the word means and it fits perfectly fine.

Appears I didn't lie, you agreed Obama lied, meanwhile he did nothing, made no comments etc. What lies and Obfuscations?

You are being destroyed here. move along.

No, you lied and it's right there in your prior post.

Outside of two posts you fail to provide any proof that I was "...all over Obama."

Tsk Tsk.

Keep your shit in check. You already look like a complete idiot in this thread, you made a lot of baseless claims and assumptions, none of which are true even including the 2 whole posts I made on the subject.

Don't make it any worse.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2013, 09:18:24 AM »
No, you lied and it's right there in your prior post.

Outside of two posts you fail to provide any proof that I was "...all over Obama."

Tsk Tsk.

Keep your shit in check. You already look like a complete idiot in this thread, you made a lot of baseless claims and assumptions, none of which are true even including the 2 whole posts I made on the subject.

Don't make it any worse.

nice try but my claims were not baseless as you seem to think Obama lied and obfuscated the facts, neither happened. So my claim was correct, instead of suggesting issa is a scumbag your response in this thread was to basically find out the facts, meanwhile you had already admonished Obama over the IRS issue.

My shits in check, your posts make inferences.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2013, 09:20:17 AM »
I never thought I would live to see the day when people argued about whether the IRS was good or bad.

This country has truly lost it's way.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2013, 09:47:00 AM »
I never thought I would live to see the day when people argued about whether the IRS was good or bad.

This country has truly lost it's way.

Exactly! Thugs in suits, my brotha.
A

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2013, 09:13:22 AM »
nice try but my claims were not baseless as you seem to think Obama lied and obfuscated the facts, neither happened. So my claim was correct, instead of suggesting issa is a scumbag your response in this thread was to basically find out the facts, meanwhile you had already admonished Obama over the IRS issue.

My shits in check, your posts make inferences.

Well that didn't go as planned. It looks like Issa did, in fact, generate a nice little political "scandal." Not so much from whole cloth, but close enough. I retract my statement about Obama lying and such.

The IRS still sucks dick and is a an awful agency with far too much power.

What pisses me off, as well, is that this stuff has been a misdirection away from real issues, such as Syria/Egypt/The Economy/The NSA/PRISM and all of that.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2013, 09:54:52 AM »
Well that didn't go as planned. It looks like Issa did, in fact, generate a nice little political "scandal." Not so much from whole cloth, but close enough. I retract my statement about Obama lying and such.

The IRS still sucks dick and is a an awful agency with far too much power.

What pisses me off, as well, is that this stuff has been a misdirection away from real issues, such as Syria/Egypt/The Economy/The NSA/PRISM and all of that.

yes that is my sentiment as well, this is a sideshow.

While the central issue may be of importance (is the IRS acting ethically) none of the grandstanding needed to be done. Governments around the world are starting to feel heat and the number one issue is efficiency. There is so much wasteful behavior, so much time that could be spent helping that are all about partisanship.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2013, 03:15:06 PM »

lol...Gigantor normally isn't one to give beat downs, but he's slammed this Canadian bitch so far under he'll never recover.

Another epic thread fail.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2013, 08:59:32 AM »
lol...Gigantor normally isn't one to give beat downs, but he's slammed this Canadian bitch so far under he'll never recover.

Another epic thread fail.

Man you must be retarded. I have a feeling you don't understand any of what's being said.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2013, 12:30:23 PM »
"We found no indication in any of these other materials that 'Progressives' was a term used to refer cases for scrutiny for political campaign intervention," IRS Inspector General J. Russell George wrote in a letter to Democrats.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/27/watchdog-knocks-down-dem-claim-that-liberal-groups-were-targeted-by-irs/

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2013, 01:35:49 PM »
IRS chief counsel’s office involved in targeting controversy
WaPo ^  | 7/17/2013 | Josh Hicks

Posted on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 3:36:58 PM by mojito

The chief counsel’s office for the Internal Revenue Service, headed by a political appointee of President Obama, helped develop the agency’s problematic guidelines for reviewing “tea party” cases, according to a top IRS attorney.

In interviews with congressional investigators, IRS lawyer Carter Hull said his superiors told him that the chief counsel’s office, led by William Wilkins, would need to review some of the first applications the agency screened for additional scrutiny because of potential political activity.

Previous accounts from IRS employees had shown that Washington IRS officials were involved in the controversy, but Hull’s comments represent the closest connection to the White House to date. No evidence to date has definitively linked the White House to the agency’s behavior.

According to a partial transcript released by House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and House Ways and Means chairman Dave Camp (R-Mich.), the chief counsel’s office also discussed using a template letter to ask questions about the groups’ activities, despite Hull’s warning that such a boilerplate approach would be impractical.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2013, 11:05:41 AM »
The star of today’s show will almost certainly be Carter Hull. When his name first popped up, it seemed that Hull might have been at the BOLO nexus, and possibly the key to the scandal. His testimony in depositions didn’t disappoint, either. Instead of being a driver of the effort, Hull told investigators that he had been placed in the “demeaning” position of having his approval authority stripped on Tea Party cases, which went to Washington and the IRS chief counsel’s office rather than concluded positively for the applicants, as he would have determined.
Expect Issa and Republicans to spend a lot of time with Hull, drawing him out on those points, and with Elizabeth Hofacre as well. She has been a gold mine of information on the lower-level operations, and will likely serve to rebut Democrats’ attempts to show equivalence between treatment of conservatives and progressives in the tax-exempt unit.

Here's what the Democrats are saying: 1, "rush to judgment," 2, "politicized," 3, Darryl Issa called Jay Carney a "paid liar," boo hoo hoo, 4, "this isn't much of a scandal," 5, progressives were targeted too.

They're not seeking any information, just flacking and attempting to divert

Oh no lib douchbags.....what now.....please post more nothing to see here Obama talking points. Failing everyday....failure in the morning, failure in the evening.....every second...fail.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2013, 12:03:02 PM »
Obama is a failure night and day.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »
are you guys still going on about this non-sense?

See how stupid you are, besides the fact that you are wrong even if what you lunatics believed to have occurred did in fact occur it still in no way relates Obama. The conclusion that IRS targeted Tea Party equals Obama did it isn't even logical.

Just sheer stupid.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »
hahahahahahaaahahhhahaha ...................reall y douchbag, maybe u should keep up on current events. Your failure of a president and his criminal AG are doing their best efforts to play the race card and snow us with the Zimmerman bullshit while this scandal continues to get worse. I guess the IRS administrator is on unpaid leave because she needed a break huh?
L

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2013, 04:33:54 PM »
hahahahahahaaahahhhahaha...................really douchbag, maybe u should keep up on current events. Your failure of a president and his criminal AG are doing their best efforts to play the race card and snow us with the Zimmerman bullshit while this scandal continues to get worse. I guess the IRS administrator is on unpaid leave because she needed a break huh?

no evidence or anything you are saying, mere speculation.

He is not my president cowboy.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #71 on: July 18, 2013, 05:34:12 PM »
Obama is a failure night and day.

Is that why he sits on the internet 24/7 posting about you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
Is that why he sits on the internet 24/7 posting about you?

He is too Drunk and high.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2013, 05:44:22 AM »
Noonan: A Bombshell in the IRS Scandal
Wall Street Journal ^  | July 19, 2013 | Peggy Noonan

Posted on Friday, July 19, 2013 7:58:22 AM by opentalk

The IRS scandal was connected this week not just to the Washington office—that had been established—but to the office of the chief counsel.

That is a bombshell—such a big one that it managed to emerge in spite of an unfocused, frequently off-point congressional hearing in which some members seemed to have accidentally woken up in the middle of a committee room, some seemed unaware of the implications of what their investigators had uncovered, one pretended that the investigation should end if IRS workers couldn't say the president had personally called and told them to harass his foes, and one seemed to be holding a filibuster on Pakistan.

Still, what landed was a bombshell. And Democrats know it. Which is why they are so desperate to make the investigation go away. They know, as Republicans do, that the chief counsel of the IRS is one of only two Obama political appointees in the entire agency.

… The IRS chief counsel is named William Wilkins. And again, he is one of only two Obama political appointees in the IRS.

(Excerpt) Read more at online.wsj.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V