Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > E-Board - Movies, Music, TV, Videogames, Comics
Game of Thrones season 4
(1/9) > >>
Gregzs:
Season 4 casting

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2013/06/28/key-character-cast-for-game-of-thrones/

Key Character Cast for ‘Game of Thrones’

HBO will be bringing on a new character from George R.R. Martin’s “A Song of Ice and Fire” novels to its fantasy series’ fourth season.

Pedro Pascal will join as Prince Oberyn Nymeros Martell AKA The Red Viper. He first appears in the third book of the series, “A Storm of Swords.”

“This was a tough one,” showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss told Entertainment Weekly about the casting.

Also read: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau on the Naked Truth About the ‘Game of Thrones’ Kingslayer

“The Red Viper is sexy and charming, yet believably dangerous; intensely likable, yet driven by hate. The boys love him, the girls love him, and he loves them all back. Unless your last name is Lannister. We found a fellow who can handle the job description and make it seem effortless. He wasn’t easy to find and he won’t be easy to stop.”

Oberyn is described as a “brash, charming, cunning prince of Dorne (part of the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros). His sister Elia was brutally murdered by the Lannister knight Gregor “The Mountain” Clegane when Mad King Aerys was overthrown by Robert Baratheon and the Lannisters. In season four, Oberyn comes to King’s Landing with revenge on his mind.”

The first major casting of the upcoming season, Pascal has held recurring roles on USA’s “Graceland,” ABC’s “The Red Widow” and CBS’s “The Good Wife.”
Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=82714

Neil Marshall To Helm The Epic Finale Of Season Four Of GAME OF THRONES

Season two's "Blackwater" was arguably one of the best - or at least the most action-packed - episode of HBO's Game of Thrones of all-time, and now the director of that episode (Neil Marshall) will return to helm the finale of season four.

Empire has revealed that The Descent's Neil Marshall will be returning to the Westeros for the season four finale of Game of Thrones. Now, I'm currently in the midst of reading the books so don't want to give too much away here, but A Storm of Swords ends with an epic battle between the Night's Watch and Mance Rayder's Wildling army at Castle Black. That would explain why Marshall has been drafted in for the finale! A few more spoilery details can be found by clicking on the link below.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38014

Gregzs:
http://laughingsquid.com/george-r-r-martin-reveals-what-the-real-game-of-thrones-iron-throne-actually-looks-like/

George R. R. Martin Reveals What the Real ‘Game of Thrones’ Iron Throne Actually Looks Like

In a recent blog post, A Song of Ice and Fire author George R. R. Martin describes what the “real” Iron Throne — the one he imagines when he’s writing the books, not the one from HBO’s Game of Thrones — looks like. He points readers to this illustration by Marc Simonetti, which depicts the Iron Throne more as the author intended.

This Iron Throne is massive. Ugly. Assymetric. It’s a throne made by blacksmiths hammering together half-melted, broken, twisted swords, wrenched from the hands of dead men or yielded up by defeated foes… a symbol of conquest… it has the steps I describe, and the height. From on top, the king dominates the throne room. And there are thousands of swords in it, not just a few.

This Iron Throne is scary. And not at all a comfortable seat, just as Aegon intended.

In the blog post, Martin goes on to highlight the differences between the show’s Iron Throne and the novel version of his own creation:

The HBO throne has become iconic. And well it might. It’s a terrific design, and it has served the show very well. There are replicas and paperweights of it in three different sizes. Everyone knows it. I love it. I have all those replicas right here, sitting on my shelves.

And yet, and yet… it’s still not right. It’s not the Iron Throne I see when I’m working on THE WINDS OF WINTER. It’s not the Iron Throne I want my readers to see. The way the throne is described in the books… HUGE, hulking, black and twisted, with the steep iron stairs in front, the high seat from which the king looks DOWN on everyone in the court… my throne is a hunched beast looming over the throne room, ugly and assymetric…

The HBO throne is none of those things. It’s big, yes, but not nearly as big as the one described in the novels. And for good reason. We have a huge throne room set in Belfast, but not nearly huge enough to hold the Iron Throne as I painted it. For that we’d need something much bigger, more like the interior of St. Paul’s Cathedral or Westminster Abbey, and no set has that much room. The Book Version of the Iron Throne would not even fit through the doors of the Paint Hall.

Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=82979

"Game of Thrones" season 4 officially began filming on Monday according to the notice from HBO behind-the-scenes writer Cat Grant. Also, Variety reports that Neil Marshall will be returning to direct season 4's penultimate episode, not the season finale.
tonymctones:
a whole year before we get more episodes......

The walking dead better be good this season!!!
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version