Author Topic: Limbaugh says it’s time to turn off Fox News  (Read 1247 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Limbaugh says it’s time to turn off Fox News
« on: July 09, 2013, 08:21:10 AM »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/09/limbaugh-says-its-time-to-turn-off-fox-news/

Republican shock jock Rush Limbaugh advanced a view on Monday that very few in the conservative media would dare to enunciate: he told a caller to stop watching Fox News, particularly the network’s panel discussions, which he said are “designed to get you ticked off.”

“You know, you need to stop watching these people, because they’re not going to change, Tony,” Limbaugh said, talking down a caller who seemed convinced that Obama is preparing to launch a “Stalinist” attack on America with windmills and solar panels. “I really care. You’ve got to stop watching these people.”

“All these names you mention, they’re not going to change,” he went on, noting the caller’s reference to the network’s ostensibly liberal pundits. “And you’re exactly right, if all of this were happening with a Republican president — which it wouldn’t, it couldn’t by definition, we don’t believe in these policies — but if it were, you’re right. They’d be raising holy hell about it. They’d be calling the president cold-hearted, mean, extremist, exclusionary. The rich, they’d be all over a Republican president. But that isn’t gonna change.”

“So your blood pressure is going to suffer if you keep watching these people,” Limbaugh added. “They’re designed to get you ticked off. They’re designed to make you question your sanity. You’re gonna watch these people and say, ‘How in the world can we have such idiotic people?’ And you’re gonna thing maybe they’re not and you’re crazy. And I assure you, Tony, you’re not. Trust me on that.”

A recent Gallup poll of Americans’ news consumption habits revealed that Fox News is still the most popular 24-hour news network, with about 8 percent of Americans who use TV as their primary source of news tuning into the Republican-leaning channel. As such, a whopping 94 percent of their viewing audience claims to be either a strong Republican voter or at least leaning Republican.

However, a University of Maryland study published in 2010 discovered that Fox News viewers were the most widely misinformed news consumers around on a whole host of issues. A full 60 percent of Fox News viewers surveyed said climate change is not happening; 63 percent said the president is not an American citizen or that his citizenship is unclear; and a whopping 91 percent thought that the economy-saving Recovery Act, widely credited with preventing another Great Depression, somehow cost American jobs instead of bolstering the economic recovery.

CNN trailed behind Fox News in AP’s news consumer poll out on Monday, pulling in about 7 percent of American TV news viewers, most of them moderates or voters who lean Democratic. That’s still pretty good compared to the Democratic-leaning MSNBC, which clocked in at just 1 percent of TV news viewers, just above “non-specific” cable news in the poll.

This audio is from “The Rush Limbaugh Show,” aired Monday, July 8, 2013, snipped by The Daily Rushbo.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Limbaugh says it’s time to turn off Fox News
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 08:37:17 AM »
“You know, you need to stop watching these people, because they’re not going to change, Tony,” Limbaugh said, talking down a caller who seemed convinced that Obama is preparing to launch a “Stalinist” attack on America with windmills and solar panels. “I really care. You’ve got to stop watching these people.”

“All these names you mention, they’re not going to change,” he went on, noting the caller’s reference to the network’s ostensibly liberal pundits.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 08:44:01 AM »
So he's basically accusing Fox of sensationalism? There's irony to be found here.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 08:47:11 AM »
lol   but Dario is kind of right, the title is spin city

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 11:15:27 AM »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/09/limbaugh-says-its-time-to-turn-off-fox-news/

Republican shock jock Rush Limbaugh advanced a view on Monday that very few in the conservative media would dare to enunciate: he told a caller to stop watching Fox News, particularly the network’s panel discussions, which he said are “designed to get you ticked off.

“All these names you mention, they’re not going to change,” he went on, noting the caller’s reference to the network’s ostensibly liberal pundits. “And you’re exactly right, if all of this were happening with a Republican president — which it wouldn’t, it couldn’t by definition, we don’t believe in these policies — but if it were, you’re right. They’d be raising holy hell about it. They’d be calling the president cold-hearted, mean, extremist, exclusionary. The rich, they’d be all over a Republican president. But that isn’t gonna change.”

“So your blood pressure is going to suffer if you keep watching these people,” Limbaugh added. “They’re designed to get you ticked off. They’re designed to make you question your sanity. You’re gonna watch these people and say, ‘How in the world can we have such idiotic people?’ And you’re gonna thing maybe they’re not and you’re crazy. And I assure you, Tony, you’re not. Trust me on that.”

A recent Gallup poll of Americans’ news consumption habits revealed that Fox News is still the most popular 24-hour news network, with about 8 percent of Americans who use TV as their primary source of news tuning into the Republican-leaning channel. As such, a whopping 94 percent of their viewing audience claims to be either a strong Republican voter or at least leaning Republican.

However, a University of Maryland study published in 2010 discovered that Fox News viewers were the most widely misinformed news consumers around on a whole host of issues. A full 60 percent of Fox News viewers surveyed said climate change is not happening; 63 percent said the president is not an American citizen or that his citizenship is unclear; and a whopping 91 percent thought that the economy-saving Recovery Act, widely credited with preventing another Great Depression, somehow cost American jobs instead of bolstering the economic recovery.

CNN trailed behind Fox News in AP’s news consumer poll out on Monday, pulling in about 7 percent of American TV news viewers, most of them moderates or voters who lean Democratic. That’s still pretty good compared to the Democratic-leaning MSNBC, which clocked in at just 1 percent of TV news viewers, just above “non-specific” cable news in the poll.

This audio is from “The Rush Limbaugh Show,” aired Monday, July 8, 2013, snipped by The Daily Rushbo.

sounds like a claim that one of the less sane people on this board posts on a daily baisis

btw - if I didn't know better I'd guess this was from The Onion

Are we supposed to assume that Limbaugh doesn't know that his entire show for the lat 20+ years has been nothing more than a vehicle to piss off and scare the stupid people in this country

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:03:34 PM »
and a whopping 91 percent thought that the economy-saving Recovery Act, widely credited with preventing another Great Depression, somehow cost American jobs instead of bolstering the economic recovery.

AHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHA ;D ;D ::) ::)

I like how this "writer" slid this piece of shit statement in there....oh brother!

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 01:49:46 PM »
The fact that Rush is incredibly wealthy is a testament to the idiocy of the American people.

Not really.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 02:05:19 PM »
The fact that Rush is incredibly wealthy is a testament to the idiocy of the American people.

same goes for Glen Beck

that fucker is making tens of millions from scamming scared and stupid people

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 02:37:12 PM »
How did I know when I saw the title of this thread, it would have been taken from ANOTHER source rather than the horses mouth right from his transcript on his site.

One thing I've learned on here if it's about Rush, you'll take it and spin it from whatever shit leftist source that spews it, never mind the source it self..

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Those of you who were listening to the program yesterday might remember a call, a guy by the name of Tony from Tampa.  Tony was fit to be tied.  Tony was outraged.  Tony was so mad, he was spitting.  Our phone lines got wet.  The guy was livid, and he was talking very rapidly, which made it difficult for me to understand every word that he was saying. He started spouting names of people, and I didn't recognize many of the names.  It turns out that Tony was watching the Fox Business Channel, and he was ticked off at listening to all the liberals there.  And I said, "Well, Tony, then stop listening to them. Stop watching those people."

That became this on Politico today.  Headline:  "Rush Limbaugh Tells Caller Not to Watch Fox -- Rush Limbaugh had a message for one of his callers: Stop watching Fox News. 'Tony from Tampa' called into Limbaugh’s radio show on Monday to complain about the lack of outrage from the right over President Barack Obama’s policies and the liberal war on coal, according to a transcript. Tony mentioned Julie Roginsky saying coal was 'horse-and-buggy stuff,' and Limbaugh asked who she was. Tony said she was a 'Democrat-Obama-Alinskyite' on a panel with Charles Payne and Neil Cavuto, at which point Limbaugh cut him off."

We don't cut people off here.  I simply said, when he mentioned Cavuto and Charlie Payne, "Okay, he's watching Fox."  And since it's Payne, it's gotta be the Fox Business Channel.  I mean sometimes Payne crosses over, maybe sometimes Payne guests on Cavuto.  But I said, "Tony, stop watching these people because they're intended to make you question your sanity.  You need to stop watching these people because they're not gonna change."  That has become "Limbaugh told listeners to stop watching Fox."  I did not tell anybody to stop watching Fox.  I said stop listening to these people that make you so mad.  What else am I gonna say?

I don't watch these people that make me mad anymore.  I gave that up years ago.  What is the point?  I told Tony they're not gonna change.  They're there to tick you off.  Don't let it get to you.  It's not like I haven't criticized Fox before.  Have they ever heard me talk about Geraldo?  The grim reaper?  I mean, it is I, El Rushbo, who has opined that whenever you see Geraldo on TV, somebody's died.  That's when they drag him out.  Is that telling people not to watch Fox?  I know some of you people, "You said last week that the Fox morning show wouldn't let you talk about the Republicans and immigration."  That's true.  But I never said not to watch Fox.

The Fox & Friends show called and asked me to come -- H.R. is not here today, he's got a medical day off, but he could back me up on this.  They requested for a specific couple of reasons.  I don't need to get into 'em, but they requested that I appear and I couldn't do it on the days and the week they wanted, but I did it the next week, which was Tuesday, and they said, "What do you want to talk about?"  And I told 'em.  And then that morning, like 15 minutes before the show, I get this note what they're gonna lead off with Egypt, and I said, "You guys are gonna be wasting your time if you ask me about Egypt."  "Well, what do you want to talk about?"  So I told 'em again.  And they never brought it up.  They actually asked me three or four times.  That was interpreted by people as a blanket overall criticism of Fox, and it wasn't.

You know, when I do these things, television is such a pain, folks.  I wasn't even on camera but I got e-mail, "Why didn't you say this?  Why didn't you talk about that?" I tried.  I tried.  You don't know, I tried.  But they weren't interested in it that day, and that's it, nothing more than that.  I will be on Fox again.  I will be urging people to watch Fox.  Fox is the most-watched news network in the country. Gallup had it yesterday.  More people get their news from Fox News than anybody else.  Now, if you add up the others they will outnumber Fox, but if you take a side-by-side individual network-by-network comparison, Fox is it, it's numero uno.  I mean, Fox and I, we're on the same team.  Even Obama has said the only opposition he's got left is me and Fox.

But see, these people in the media, they can't stand it. They can't stand that there's even two voices of opposition to Obama and liberalism, so now they're seeking to drive a wedge here, and they're trying to create these stories that I, El Rushbo, am urging people not to watch Fox because Fox, whatever...  And, you know, this is such a big story. This has been picked up by Mediaite, it's been picked up by Salon.  When's the last time a caller made news like this on this program?  Mediaite, Politico, Salon. It will probably be the lead on the NBC Nightly News tonight. (laughing) Stranger things have happened.

END TRANSCRIPT

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 04:10:57 PM »
Well, that's that, I guess.

I do like how Rush keeps track of the media reactions, especially when they take stuff out of context, twist and bend it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 04:53:01 PM »
Well, that's that, I guess.

I do like how Rush keeps track of the media reactions, especially when they take stuff out of context, twist and bend it.

you mean like Rush does every day?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 06:05:34 PM »
AHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHA ;D ;D ::) ::)

I like how this "writer" slid this piece of shit statement in there....oh brother!
1st thing I thought as well. His credibility went right out the window. Lol

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 06:43:08 PM »
you mean like Rush does every day?

Thats funny, i cant recall very many time hes been wrong. Between he and Levine, i dont know who has been closest to correct with their predictions.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2013, 07:47:38 PM »
Wasn't Rush a big backer of the war in Iraq?

And? So was the majority of everyone else in Washington.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2013, 08:03:17 PM »
Maybe it was spin which is prevalent on both sides of the fence., but regardless, Rush appeals to the least intelligent tools in this country.  People that believe in stupid crap like a Kenyan born cover up with some secret group controlling it.  :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 08:19:41 PM »
Maybe it was spin which is prevalent on both sides of the fence., but regardless, Rush appeals to the least intelligent tools in this country.  People that believe in stupid crap like a Kenyan born cover up with some secret group controlling it.  :D

That's funny, over 50% of his listening audience are liberal. If liberals are so damn smart, then why is country always in worse shape when they leave office. No ozmo, libs are good at politics, horrible at policy and governing.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 08:23:04 PM »
Rush really knows his audience, and he plays that role perfectly.

In the rare moments when he is out of character, you can tell the man is very intelligent. He has just found his niche and knows how to rile those people up.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »

Republican shock jock Rush Limbaugh advanced a view on Monday that very few in the conservative media would dare to enunciate: he told a caller to stop watching Fox News, particularly the network’s panel discussions, which he said are “designed to get you ticked off.”

HAHAHAHA-- The highlighted portion is hysterical. Gee Whiz, you mean most people who watch Fox aren't delusional leftist shit for brain sycophants?! Perish the thought. This article accidentally exposed the rampant stupidity and mindless group think which is typical of the left and its television viewers. Its nice to know that if you don't worship at the Altar of Osama, your "misinformed" or "really misinformed" Who knew?!  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 09:40:46 PM »
I love listening to Rush... but i HATE that fox and friends show... it's really written at such a slow, emotional, elementary level.

I also like Hannity and oreilly's shows a lot.  But that morning show is really just such a weak show. 

(i know, morning joe also sucks dick, so attacking it does not in any way rescue f&friends from being crap as well).

the one host was high school valedictorian and continues to play the "I had to look that word up in the dictionary, and I was shocked to learn..."

It's like they want to appeal to the 90 IQ people that watch the news... if you have 110 or 120 IQ, you're listening to political radio and not fox morning.  Aggravating, because there are so many good conservative hosts that coudl really make ppl think. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2013, 02:35:19 AM »
And? So was the majority of everyone else in Washington.

Oh... well that makes it OK then.  ::)

Purge_WTF

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2013, 06:28:05 AM »
Wasn't Rush a big backer of the war in Iraq?

Back when Bush was in office, anyway.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 06:32:13 AM »
That's funny, over 50% of his listening audience are liberal. If liberals are so damn smart, then why is country always in worse shape when they leave office. No ozmo, libs are good at politics, horrible at policy and governing.

I don't disagree with the last sentence, my point about who listens to Rush still stands.  However the reason our country is so fucked up (and it's that way from both sides) supersedes both parties.