Author Topic: Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke emphasized the central bank intends to keep its  (Read 1364 times)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
If the world goes to shit youll end up with a lot of gold bars but no food .  You have no appreciable skills for survival.

What makes you think that a prudent person would buy gold at the expense of having any stored food?  It's not an either / or scenario. 

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Security, guns and ammo, food, medicine....physical stores of wealth. In that order.

But that's for EMP or Yellowstone super volcano... :o ;D................not a financial crisis, unless 8)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Housing took it on the chin today....but Uncle Ben is speaking so no one will notice.

All the markets want to hear is if the free money will keep flowing, that's it. The last time the taper was even discussed the banks/Financial institutions made sure to let been know they are displeased with his actions and in turn tanked the markets. Ben works for the banks so you know how this will go.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
What makes you think that a prudent person would buy gold at the expense of having any stored food?  It's not an either / or scenario. 

I'm referring to 24k.  The smarter people would.  But a starving population will need the food first.
A

GigantorX

• Getbig V
I'm referring to 24k.  The smarter people would.  But a starving population will need the food first.

Defense, food, skills. Those are what will matter in the event of a total and complete collapse. If there is simply a breakdown in the economy and dislocation, well, everything will become local. Local farms, local defense, local economies.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"

"You can always hire half the poor, to kill the other half."

That's why wealth is wealth even during starvation.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Defense, food, skills. Those are what will matter in the event of a total and complete collapse. If there is simply a breakdown in the economy and dislocation, well, everything will become local. Local farms, local defense, local economies.

This....read on post Soviet collapse of Russia...it's not Road Warrior like, and their shift was political as well as economic. Here we will see a financial collapse not a societal one.

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
Get ready for, Peter Schiff was Right II

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Stocks extend gains; Dow, S&P 500 set all-time highs

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100896187

......morbid curiosity accompanied by a double vodka cocktail at some yuppie broker bar, thats where I'll be when it implodes.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
"....if we were tighten (monetary) policy, the economy will tank."

7/17/2013
Ben Bernanke
Chairman of the Federal Reserve

Emmortal

• Getbig V
"....if we were tighten (monetary) policy, the economy will tank."

7/17/2013
Ben Bernanke
Chairman of the Federal Reserve

2007 - "The subprime mess is grave but largely contained"

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"

2007 - "The subprime mess is grave but largely contained"

"It takes about two and a half percent growth just to keep unemployment stable."

Ben Bernanke

and my favorite......

"I served seven years as the chair of the Princeton economics department where I had responsibility for major policy decisions, such as whether to serve bagels or doughnuts at the department coffee hour."

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
I'm not looking to argue. I state what I believe. You're welcome to view a different perspective... or not,
however, I'm confident enough in my own position to allow you the freedom to be wrong.

I live in Canada, ...where difference of opinion is allowed, and people are free to disagree.
We let the zealots who demand consensus and the persecution of heretics congregate south of our border.  ;)

hardly...

very restrictive speech codes...can't call a spade a spade or a queer a queer

rofl at "we let...

get it through your head...Canada doesn't "let" or "not let" anything happen that the USA doesn't approve of first

hope this helps
K