Author Topic: Would a prime Tyson dominate the Heavyweight Division Today?  (Read 15071 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Re: Would a prime Tyson dominate the Heavyweight Division Today?
« Reply #100 on: August 21, 2013, 05:22:17 AM »
Who you talking to pumpkin?
you carrot face ..why do you cream yourself over fighters

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 21, 2013, 05:37:33 AM »
to clear some of this up because i think alot of you are not really boxing fans or watch much of it

vitali k-before he took time off to go into politics was actually a very good fighter and had a hi ko %    hes the reason lennox lewis retired.

tyson would have had a tough time with him,  mikes prime only lasted about 3 years.  during that time he was a beast. it is very hard to say he would crush vitali

i do think he would ko wladimir though.   if wladimir fought in the 90's i cant see him being a champion.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: August 21, 2013, 06:58:00 AM »
you carrot face ..why do you cream yourself over fighters

i dont, i m a fight fan bit like you re a fan of naked men oiled up showing their muscles "cleanest natural"

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Royalty is a schmoe-cel.
« Reply #103 on: August 21, 2013, 07:01:05 AM »
to clear some of this up because i think alot of you are not really boxing fans or watch much of it

vitali k-before he took time off to go into politics was actually a very good fighter and had a hi ko %    hes the reason lennox lewis retired.

tyson would have had a tough time with him,  mikes prime only lasted about 3 years.  during that time he was a beast. it is very hard to say he would crush vitali

i do think he would ko wladimir though.   if wladimir fought in the 90's i cant see him being a champion.

Spot on. Unfortunately some people see a few highlight reels on ESPN and then post their opinion as if they're Angelo Dundee.

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2013, 07:14:01 AM »
Majority of those tremendous KO's of Tyson's came from tomato cans!  They were hand picked, to assemble the record and KO ratio.

Never forget the legend Mitch "Blood" Green, going the distance with a PRIME Tyson. 

TYSON FIGHT
After a comeback win over Percell Davis he lost a ten round decision to Mike Tyson in 1986 on HBO, in his most famous fight. In the build up to the fight Green had complained bitterly of the disparity in purses between him and Tyson when a day before the fight, Green learnt he was being paid $30,000 to Tyson's $200,000. He threatened to pull out of the contest and Green finally settled for being released from his managerial contract with King's stepson Carl in return for his short purse. Green put up a stubborn showing during the fight where Tyson was unable to hurt or put down Green, but did at one point knock out a gold tooth which landed in front of writer Phil Berger.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2013, 07:37:06 AM »
Majority of those tremendous KO's of Tyson's came from tomato cans!  They were hand picked, to assemble the record and KO ratio.

Never forget the legend Mitch "Blood" Green, going the distance with a PRIME Tyson. 

TYSON FIGHT
After a comeback win over Percell Davis he lost a ten round decision to Mike Tyson in 1986 on HBO, in his most famous fight. In the build up to the fight Green had complained bitterly of the disparity in purses between him and Tyson when a day before the fight, Green learnt he was being paid $30,000 to Tyson's $200,000. He threatened to pull out of the contest and Green finally settled for being released from his managerial contract with King's stepson Carl in return for his short purse. Green put up a stubborn showing during the fight where Tyson was unable to hurt or put down Green, but did at one point knock out a gold tooth which landed in front of writer Phil Berger.
agreed except berbick

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2013, 07:45:05 AM »
Green went the distance against a green Tyson!Tyson was fuckign 19!!! His prime was 21. Silly sausages you are!

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: August 21, 2013, 07:48:52 AM »
Green went the distance against a green Tyson!Tyson was fuckign 19!!! His prime was 21. Silly sausages you are!
did you just cum?

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #108 on: August 21, 2013, 08:20:32 AM »
Clean copy of the Green fight (starts 22 min in) -

If Mitch was a better fighter and his head was on a bit straighter, he would've gave Tyson trouble. It also illustrates how important the intimidation factor was to Tyson, Green wasn't afraid of Tyson as much as others, and you can see it flusters Tyson a bit in the later rounds.

gee38

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: August 21, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
hold on

Vitali was the reason lewis retired???

no he wasn't

a demotivated lewis who had no one left to face put in a half arsed performance against Vitali and still stopped him

lewis was 37 and had had 44 fights. that was why he retired.

the idea he retired because of him is laughable. lewis beat him when he had no interest and trained like a bum.

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #110 on: August 21, 2013, 09:31:16 AM »
Glad BB posted that fight.  And think this is GREEN, laughable when people say Mike would take ALI, Mitch Green had no skills compared to the greats.  A tall heavyweight with great jab and durability = end of Tyson. 

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:32 AM »
ahahhahah the same Ali who was floored by 180lb Henry fucking Cooper!! haha whatever, piss off back to Nascar tosspot

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2013, 10:45:25 AM »
Mitch got him on the street later.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2013, 10:47:13 AM »
Mitch got him on the street later.

Yeh he really kicked mikes ass!!! Hey "Mr Nobody" how do YOU think you d do against Tyson in a street fight

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2013, 10:51:09 AM »
ahahhahah the same Ali who was floored by 180lb Henry fucking Cooper!! haha whatever, piss off back to Nascar tosspot

Ali also made George Foreman respect him, Ali could take and deliver when needed.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2013, 12:02:08 PM »

oh brother here we go, another 'expert' opinion.

Look here, NO OTHER heavyweight legend, Not Ali, Not Louis, Not Marciano, Holmes, Johnson, Dempsey, got taken out by a chump like Buster Douglas, while still in their prime. Douglas was known in boxing circles as a quitter. I remember Ali getting off the floor to whooop that ass. Not groveling around on the floor fumbling for his mouthpiece like your hero.

You and hockeyfightfag are fucking up the thread with your lust for Tyson. The worst thing about Tyson is legions of assholes like you who suck his dick then post your worthless opinion like your Manny Steward.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2013, 01:05:15 PM »
Yeh he really kicked mikes ass!!! Hey "Mr Nobody" how do YOU think you d do against Tyson in a street fight
With my shotgun I would do just fine, without it I get TKO'd.  :D

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2013, 01:16:05 PM »
Dont underestimate 'Enry's 'Ammer, Cooper could bang. Ali was out for the count and by rights lost that fight by KO, but we know what happened thereafter.

Beak, what is your opinion on the great Harry Greb? A small man who would willingly fight anyone of any size. If Herol Graham had a chin he would have beaten everyone in his division and would have danced rings around some of the heavyweights today even as a MW. The division is so poor.

Tyson's abilities set him apart, but if there had never been a Dempsey, an Ali, a Foreman or a Liston then there would have been no Mike Tyson. IMO he mirrors Igor Vovchanchyn, an undersized guy that smashed fighters far bigger than himself through raw power and ability. Tysons prime was something i will likely not see again, i cant help being a fan because i liked the way he fought. Im not talking about a career Tyson, im talking about the incredible finished product he was before he lost his way to drugs and poor choices. That isnt a big window of appreciation but by christ he was the best HW boxer ive ever seen.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2013, 01:30:52 PM »
Dont underestimate 'Enry's 'Ammer, Cooper could bang. Ali was out for the count and by rights lost that fight by KO, but we know what happened thereafter.

Beak, what is your opinion on the great Harry Greb? A small man who would willingly fight anyone of any size. If Herol Graham had a chin he would have beaten everyone in his division and would have danced rings around some of the heavyweights today even as a MW. The division is so poor.

Tyson's abilities set him apart, but if there had never been a Dempsey, an Ali, a Foreman or a Liston then there would have been no Mike Tyson. IMO he mirrors Igor Vovchanchyn, an undersized guy that smashed fighters far bigger than himself through raw power and ability. Tysons prime was something i will likely not see again, i cant help being a fan because i liked the way he fought. Im not talking about a career Tyson, im talking about the incredible finished product he was before he lost his way to drugs and poor choices. That isnt a big window of appreciation but by christ he was the best HW boxer ive ever seen.

Greb was pound for pound one of the greatest fighters ever. Up there with the best of them Robinson, Armstrong and Pep. He fought just about everyone from welter to heavy. Had something like 300 fights and was stopped once or twice. The only man to ever beat Gene Tunney. Greb was truly a great fighter. Probably top 3 IMO.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2013, 01:56:39 PM »
Greb was pound for pound one of the greatest fighters ever. Up there with the best of them Robinson, Armstrong and Pep. He fought just about everyone from welter to heavy. Had something like 300 fights and was stopped once or twice. The only man to ever beat Gene Tunney. Greb was truly a great fighter. Probably top 3 IMO.

My dad used to tell me stories about him when i was a kid as a way of making me realise that size meant nothing if you had the heart. Definitely top 3-5 of all time, outstanding boxer and a hell of a shame to go out the way he did.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2013, 02:18:51 PM »
Too much false information here.

1) Lennox retired becuz of Vitali? I don't know where to start. Prime Lennox was 10x better than prime Vitali. Old uninspired Lennox was still better than prime Vitali. You cannot debate this.

2) I watched Lennox vs. Tyson live. Around this time I was training in both TKD and boxing as hobbies. I also remember I betted a lot of money on Lennox despite being a Tyson fan. The media made Tyson out to be this beast but a lot of us guys who understood boxing knew Tyson was a shell of himself. I believe at his best, Tyson would KO Lennox. However, if Tyson couldn't KO Lennox, Lennox would win the decision.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2013, 02:30:41 PM »
  hes the reason lennox lewis retired.

a demotivated lewis who had no one left to face put in a half arsed performance against Vitali and still stopped him

lewis was 37 and had had 44 fights. that was why he retired.

the idea he retired because of him is laughable. lewis beat him when he had no interest and trained like a bum.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2013, 02:32:32 PM »
Clean copy of the Green fight (starts 22 min in) -

If Mitch was a better fighter and his head was on a bit straighter, he would've gave Tyson trouble. It also illustrates how important the intimidation factor was to Tyson, Green wasn't afraid of Tyson as much as others, and you can see it flusters Tyson a bit in the later rounds.

Mitch Green was courageous in this fight, but he took a lot of punishment there. I wouldn't use this fight to discredit Tyson. He was impatient early on and was never really known for his endurance in later rounds. But Tyson outclassed Green there and delivered a beating.

BB

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2013, 02:55:49 PM »
Mitch Green was courageous in this fight, but he took a lot of punishment there. I wouldn't use this fight to discredit Tyson. He was impatient early on and was never really known for his endurance in later rounds. But Tyson outclassed Green there and delivered a beating.

But it does show that Tyson would have trouble with a real top class tall fighter if a decent journeyman like Mitch could stay in with him like that. Tyson is a great fighter, but it is hilarious how some think that he'd walk through the Kiltschkos, and especially some of top names of the 70's that were mention more recently.

Speaking of Green, someone should square him away and get him a color commentary job. It would be a train wreck, but the man know how to play to the camera -

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2013, 03:15:15 PM »
Too much false information here.

1) Lennox retired becuz of Vitali? I don't know where to start. Prime Lennox was 10x better than prime Vitali. Old uninspired Lennox was still better than prime Vitali. You cannot debate this.

2) I watched Lennox vs. Tyson live. Around this time I was training in both TKD and boxing as hobbies. I also remember I betted a lot of money on Lennox despite being a Tyson fan. The media made Tyson out to be this beast but a lot of us guys who understood boxing knew Tyson was a shell of himself. I believe at his best, Tyson would KO Lennox. However, if Tyson couldn't KO Lennox, Lennox would win the decision.
  Bullshit . LL was at his best or close to it and VITALLY was coming off shoulder and back surgeries . The LL stories are BULLSHIT . He held the title hostage until the VITALY KIRK fight and then bowed out . FACT he retired because of VITALLY .